Author Topic: Denver is the team to deal with this summer  (Read 4895 times)

Re: Denver is the team to deal with this summer
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 04:00:16 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
I have been preaching this possibility for a while,

Chandler and Faried both seem like logical targets for the Cs.

Chandler is a nice fit for BS style and has the ability to play small ball 4.

Faired isn't an ideal fit but is a talent upgrade.He can fit as long as the other bigs in the rotation can shoot at least mid range jumpers. The Spurs have been successful with Splitter who has a similar shot chart to Faried. 

The report from real GM claims that Galo and Nurkic are viewed as building block and will not be traded.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 05:46:44 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Chandler is burnt and Faried is overpaid (and plays an overstuffed position on our team). Splitter and Faried are as similar as Rajon Rondo and Russell Westbrook.

Gallo is a building block for the future of experimental knee surgery, not an NBA team.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 05:53:22 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Torn on Wilson Chandler. I actually have had a strange infatuation with him since he was on the knicks. Can pour it in but also seems to have the Jeff Green ups and downs where some nights you go wow this guy could easily avg. 20 ppg and then some nights he just goes through the motions. Maybe he needs a change on scenery because Denver has been pretty bad the past two seasons but i am not sure. I believe he's making Jeff Green money as well.

I like it if we're able to get some stars in along side him. You tell me we somehow grab him, Love, and Denandre Jordan. Then I'm all in but i'll stash this idea under wait and see. 

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 05:54:10 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
A trade based around IT4 for Lawson makes some sense to me, but none of the others.

I like Faried but when you factor in the contract hes not as valuable as Sully or KO.

For me IT4 for Lawson could make some sense for us because I think Lawson + Sully/KO could get you pick 6 which could well be Winslow.

Also you I think Lawson and Smart with AB off the bench would be nice as you would probably upgrade the 3 in the off season and then Turner becomes the second unit's primary ball-handler as opposed to the first unit's.

Unfortunately I think it makes a lot more sense for Denver to just do Lawson + Faried for 6
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 07:54:47 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Denver may want too much for these guys

They are good players but they would ask for at minimum a first rounder 
Considering we may be in the lottery again and some of our future picks potentially will be lottery picks

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2015, 04:00:38 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-turning-point-for-the-nuggets/
Things are goimg to happen in Denver. Maybe we can do a three way with Sac and get either Sac or Denver's pick this year.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2015, 04:43:49 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
I think they will be trading with New York to move up to 4, for 7 and Lawson. Not sure what Faried would fetch.

Think they're overpaying then. Unless they're in love with Mudiay or Russell, might as well hold on to 7.

If they are tearing it down, could they make a deal with the Knicks for #4 and hold onto #7?

Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 04:45:06 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Don't see any plausible way that could even happen, given that probably the only player they have who could fetch a lottery pick would be Nurkic and I doubt he'd be worth the fourth overall pick.

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 04:49:58 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
Don't see any plausible way that could even happen, given that probably the only player they have who could fetch a lottery pick would be Nurkic and I doubt he'd be worth the fourth overall pick.

Lawson and Faried for #4.  If the Knicks aren't completely sold on Mudiay, they might consider it.  With so much money tied up in Carmelo(and Phil for that matter), the Knicks might prefer established players.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 04:56:36 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Eh. Dunno if Phil would want that financial obligation for guys who are role players, at best. Gotta think he's hoping to target bigger fish with that pick if he chooses to trade it.

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2015, 05:00:27 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I think they will be trading with New York to move up to 4, for 7 and Lawson. Not sure what Faried would fetch.

Think they're overpaying then. Unless they're in love with Mudiay or Russell, might as well hold on to 7.
Faried and 7 for 4 then? What do you think is realistic for Lawson?

I think Lawson to the Kings for #6 makes sense for both teams, as a starting point anyway.

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2015, 05:04:07 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7

Faried and 7 for 4 then? What do you think is realistic for Lawson?

I think Lawson to the Kings for #6 makes sense for both teams, as a starting point anyway.
He's not worth 6. The nuggets are actively looking to trade him for multiple reasons. Alone he'd be worth 11-15 IMO

« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2015, 05:04:39 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
ONLY WAY we are getting a top pick is if we are willing to part ways with Smart, and maybe IT4... and I think they played too good of a basketball season (unlike those Denver players) for us to get rid of them.