Author Topic: Denver is the team to deal with this summer  (Read 4888 times)

Denver is the team to deal with this summer
« on: May 22, 2015, 10:25:39 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
Per Hoop hype"it's realistic to expect point guard Ty Lawson or forward Kenneth Faried or both to be part of trade discussions prior to the June 25 draft.  http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.dVswMyZ7.dpuf"

I have stated on this board many times Denver is a great trade partner. I was wonder if you guys would chat some about it. I am learning my way to write informed and funny stuff for you guys. But as you know  Denver has the 7th pick in this draft. I know they are looking to rebuild. If WCB falls to 7th. Would you guys think if we gave up some players and picks to get WCB, Lawson and Faried would we be a contender or maybe do a three way with another team. I look forward to you informed guys thoughts on this subject. I have had and have a feeling Denver will help us to help them in  a few years.  Thanks
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

Re: Denver is the team to deal with this summer
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2015, 10:31:34 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If Denver truly is rebuilding, I don't see how/why they'd give up their 1st round pick.

I do think that Lawson is probably on the way out. Is it destiny that Lawson fits into the Rondo TPE?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »

Offline Msimonetta2

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
It has been discussed here but assuming Karl from Sacramento wants Lawson maybe we can get involved in a three team deal using assets, expiring contracts.  My hope in such a scenario would be for us to move up the draft to 7 or 8. 

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 10:59:34 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
If Denver truly is rebuilding, I don't see how/why they'd give up their 1st round pick.

This. Giving up their draft pick and rebuilding are incongruous.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 11:08:57 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I do think that Lawson is probably on the way out. Is it destiny that Lawson fits into the Rondo TPE?

If they're truly rebuilding, they could be looking at a long-term tear-down/buildup.  If they were to get other 2015 firsts for some of their current players, they could very well be interested in some of our future picks.  If they're truly rebuilding, they should consider all options.  Otherwise it's cosmetic.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 12:05:54 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

If they're truly rebuilding, they could be looking at a long-term tear-down/buildup.  If they were to get other 2015 firsts for some of their current players, they could very well be interested in some of our future picks.  If they're truly rebuilding, they should consider all options.  Otherwise it's cosmetic.

What you're saying makes sense, but including the draft pick doesn't. Nothing wrong with selling off their players for draft picks, but if they're going full-scale rebuild, they should be keeping their pick unless they find some way to move up in the draft.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 12:10:54 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think they will be trading with New York to move up to 4, for 7 and Lawson. Not sure what Faried would fetch.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 12:11:12 PM »

Offline Soytiz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
If we're talking with Denver, why not include Gallo in the conversation? The guy is 26 years old and a talented scorer with an economically viable contract. There may be some injury concerns but is really worth a look.

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 12:21:48 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think they will be trading with New York to move up to 4, for 7 and Lawson. Not sure what Faried would fetch.

Think they're overpaying then. Unless they're in love with Mudiay or Russell, might as well hold on to 7.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 12:50:45 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I've said Denver is a good trade partner in the past, but in retrospect, it's hard to cherry pick the one or two players that didn't quit on their coach last year.  We have a young squad, so potential cancers affect us more than others.

How do you assess this? Galli- because he looks like a good kid?

Bottom line- there is talent there to be poached, but when a team quits on their coach, it can be hard to identify the culprit from the talented player that can be recuperated into our system.
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 01:03:56 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Think they're overpaying then. Unless they're in love with Mudiay or Russell, might as well hold on to 7.
Faried and 7 for 4 then? What do you think is realistic for Lawson?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 01:36:14 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Denver has some nice players, but they are in kind of the same position as the Celtics -- they have a lot of decent players, but aside from Ty Lawson lack any guy who really stands out.  Faried could be good in the right situation, but he's a complementary player as well.

It's hard to make the case that Denver is an ideal trade partner in that sense.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 01:51:42 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Whatever it takes to get Porzingis I favor.  Looking back in 10 years I think he is going to be considered the best player in this draft.

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 02:40:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Nuggets and Kings should work a deal Faried + Lawson for 6th, Landry, Staukas, fillers and a future pick would be good for both teams.
Lawson, McLemore, Gay, Faried, Cousins would be great even in the West.

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 03:01:33 PM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I dont want lawson or faried, poor fit here.
We should rather go for gallinari or chandler.