Author Topic: Best Case Scenario?  (Read 7364 times)

Re: Best Case Scenario?
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 10:51:55 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'll lay out my best case scenarios/fantasies...

The Cs are able to trade up to the 8 or 9 spot (using Sully or KO) and grab Stanley Johnson, while also nabbing Myles Turner at 16 (or moving up using someone to get him), and then selecting Upshaw and RHJ with the other picks... I'd say this is near impossible.

OR even if we got Turner, Upshaw, RHJ I'd also be very happy.

What do you guys see as a best case scenario for the draft for the Cs?

Best realistic scenario I is that we trade up for WCS at #8 or #9, both of which are possible:

-WCS falls to #8, where Detroit picks. DET already has Andre Drummond. They might take S. Johnson, but if they don't like him, this pick is available. They need a PF to replace Monroe who is leaving and J. Smith who already left, and we can offer Sully, KO or both together with #16 and whatever else it takes. We could also dangle Young, though I believe that DET is looking more for guys who can contribute right away.

-If DET likes Johnson, then WCS falls to #9 (Charlotte). Charlotte is also set at C (Al Jefferson), so this pick is probably available. Charlotte badly needs a 3rd guard, and AB is a great fit next to either Kemba or Lance. We could trade AB+#16 for #9+possibly filler.

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I think Big Al is about to be a FA so Charlotte may want WCS. Plus I think Bradley plus 16 for number 9 is an overpay. I don't like Bradley that much, but who would start at the 2... James Young?!

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 11:31:16 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
Least to most likely.

1. We trade for Cousins (and keep Smart + Young)
2. We trade for Aldridge (and keep Smart + Young)
4. We trade into the Detroit 8th pick (keeping Smart + Young), Winslow falls to us.
3. We trade into the Knicks 4th pick (and keep Smart + Young) and select Winslow.
4. We trade into the Detroit 8th pick (keeping Smart + Young) and select WCS
6. Either Turner, Oubre, or Johnson fall to 16th
5. We trade into the Utah 11th Pick and draft either Turner, Oubre, or Johnson.
6. Draft Upshaw at 28th
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
I think Big Al is about to be a FA so Charlotte may want WCS. Plus I think Bradley plus 16 for number 9 is an overpay. I don't like Bradley that much, but who would start at the 2... James Young?!

Good point, Charlotte would have to be relatively confident of re-signing Al. I'd say Bradley+16 for 9 would be an overpay in most situations, but for WCS I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Then I'd start Smart at the 2, IT at the 1 and the remaining minutes can go to Pressey, Young, Turner, FA, whatever.

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 11:42:40 AM »

Offline jmen788

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 22
I don't like IT as a starter.. he really rejuvenates the second unit. Plus, I am so not sold on WCS-- high bust potential. I'd *maybe* do it to get a Stanley Johnson or Porzingis though...

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 12:27:21 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
I don't like IT as a starter.. he really rejuvenates the second unit. Plus, I am so not sold on WCS-- high bust potential. I'd *maybe* do it to get a Stanley Johnson or Porzingis though...

I'd say WCS has almost zero bust potential. He is a guaranteed defensive stud. He has the tools to develop into a two-way player, but even if he never does, he can be an extremely valuable defensive stopper both on the interior and on the perimeter.

I also view IT as a 6th man in the long run, but there is no reason he can't be our starter for a season or two while we continue the rebuild.

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Smart/Turner would be the backcourt (both acting as both the 1 and 2 at times), with Crowder at the 3
I'm bitter.

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 01:39:48 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Least to most likely.

1. We trade for Cousins (and keep Smart + Young)
2. We trade for Aldridge (and keep Smart + Young)
4. We trade into the Detroit 8th pick (keeping Smart + Young), Winslow falls to us.
3. We trade into the Knicks 4th pick (and keep Smart + Young) and select Winslow.
4. We trade into the Detroit 8th pick (keeping Smart + Young) and select WCS
6. Either Turner, Oubre, or Johnson fall to 16th
5. We trade into the Utah 11th Pick and draft either Turner, Oubre, or Johnson.
6. Draft Upshaw at 28th

+1

Re: Realistic Best Case Scenario
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 07:34:25 PM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
I think best case realistic scenario is we grab Sam Dekker at 16 and Upshaw at 28

PG: Smart/IT
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Sam Dekker
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: Robert Upshaw

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2015, 08:30:54 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Trade Avery to get Myles Turner. Then draft Upshaw with 16. Trade KO to raptors and get Caboclo  and pick. With the  next picks draft Raheem Xmas Cliff Alexander and Aleksander V. or George Lucas.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 01:23:15 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
None are likely but just going best scenario.

Turner and Sully are traded to Hawks for 15. Hawks choose this trade because they don't want to resign DC at crazy $.

Use RR TPE to absorb Ibaka for 28th and 45 pick. Then give AB for a TPE and 14 pick. This gives both teams a small TPE. OKC clears cap and moves down in the draft. They can resign Kanter and they get the guard defender to help Westbrook.

Trade 14, 15, 16, and 33 for Jabari Parker. It's a mother load of picks. Hawks take it because they are committed to Middelton and GA and 2 and 3 spots.

Sign Butler. Chicago goes cheap and thinks Butler and Rose doesn't work because neither are very dependable in the crunch offensively.

S&T Bass, Wallace, KO and Zeller for S&T Gasol. Gasol wanted out and he views C's team as a up and comer after getting Parker and Butler. Grizz have little choice if Gasol wants out except help him to go out East and get something via S&T.

Sign J.Mcgee, Henderson then resign Crowder and Gigi for roster fill out.

Starters: Smart, Butler, Parker, Ibaka, Gasol
Bench: IT, Henderson, Young, Crowder, Gigi, J.McGee

Re: Realistic Best Case Scenario
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 02:21:19 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I think best case realistic scenario is we grab Sam Dekker at 16 and Upshaw at 28

PG: Smart/IT
SG: Avery Bradley
SF: Sam Dekker
PF: Jared Sullinger
C: Robert Upshaw
That is a downright depressing scenario to me.  I have no interest in Dekker.  Taking Upshaw at #28 isn't bad but he is a big bust risk and he's not anywhere close to be a starting NBA center.  Bradley and Sully are the players at the top of my list for Ainge to trade. 

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 02:50:19 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Best case?
I'm on the road all the time and my radio rarely leaves xm's nba station.
I've heard a couple of "insiders" suggest that Flip is sold on Okafor.
Also heard that LA is high on Johnson.
Given that Philly has two young bigs and NEEDS a facilitator they may go after Mudaiy.
This opens the door a crack for towns slipping to 4.

Combine this with the recent (oddly brilliant) blog trade idea that would send IT and 16 to NY calderone and the 4th pick and we could end up with Towns. (we'd need to add a few good future first rounders but it would be worth it.)

Now that's a best case scenario!
New York wouldn't be interested in trading their pick if Towns drops to them. The only reason they wanted to trade it was because they fell out of the top 2, where they wanted Okafor or Towns.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 02:53:51 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Best case? You can trade up for Winslow, sign Kevin Love and Jae Crowder becomes our Jimmy Butler (in improvement, not game) and you can get Wes Matthews or Danny Green to fill things out.

Myles Turner would be an okay backup plan to Winslow as well.

Smart/Green/Jae/Love/Zeller.

Need improvement at the 5, and maybe you'd like more of a scoring combo guard at the 2, but that's a fringe contender - particularly if Jae becomes our Demarre Carroll or Jimmy Butler like I said. Check his advanced stats. There's a chance.

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Best case scenario involves landing Kevin Love.  He's the only theoretically available player that I can see the Celtics building a contender around.  If we don't land Love, prepare for another mediocre season at best.

Cousins would be great too, but I don't see him as available.   Love is someone I could see us having a legit 1% chance of landing this Summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM