Author Topic: Trade Idea with Pistons on draft night  (Read 4163 times)

Re: Trade Idea with Pistons on draft night
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 01:31:07 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Reason Pistons do trade:  Lots of question marks for the team next season. I doubt they will attract many FAs.  Zeller could take over Monroe's spot and play next to Drummond. Or come off the bench.  Turner be the teams SF or come off the bench. Roster is kind of empty for next season.

I think the problem here is that Detroit's entire issue right now is that they have two centers - one starting at center, and one TRYING to start at PF.

Replace Monroe and you get the same problem - just a worse, less skilled version of it.

Would probably make more sense for Detroit if was Sully or Olynyk being sent out in Zeller's place.  Olynyk would probably be an outstanding fit next to Drummond's rebounding and rim protection. 

Not sure if I'd give up Olynyk and two picks for #8 though...

It's intriguing, I'll give you that.

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 01:34:08 AM »

Offline GreenPride17

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
This may sound kind of stupid but we should be praying Sacramento drafts WCS look at Mclemore and Stauskas they were high draft picks and now you could probably get either one for the #16 pick maybe he does'nt do anything in Sacramento and Danny could get him at a cheaper price than if he were to trade up to draft him

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 03:02:29 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
To Piston: Zeller, Turner and 16th pick, 45th pick
To Celtics:  8th pick and Butler

8th pick: Johnson
28th pick: Mickey
33rd pick: Richaun Holmes

Celtics lineup
C  - Sullinger/KO/Iverson
PF - Mickey/Holmes
SF - Johnson/Crowder/Wallace
SG -  AB/Young/Butler
PG -  Smart/IT/Pressey

Reason Pistons do trade:  Lots of question marks for the team next season. I doubt they will attract many FAs.  Zeller could take over Monroe's spot and play next to Drummond. Or come off the bench.  Turner be the teams SF or come off the bench. Roster is kind of empty for next season.

Reason Celtics do trade:  Johnson.    Mickey and Holmes picked later in the draft provide above the rim presence the team desperately needs. No true center but Sullinger and KO space out the floor  and cause opening around the post for guys like Johnson, Smart , IT to drive in at will  /get to the line.   On the defensive end, Mickey, Holmes patrol the paint.  Iverson on the team as the "banger" vs big centers.

Yay or nay?
That is a terrible trade for Detroit.  Zeller and Turner do nothing for them.  A SF like Johnson would be a good fit for them so would a stretch PF like Porzingis. 

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 04:49:19 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
its got potential but I think the pistons would ask for Olynyk and Zeller.
Van Gundy loves 3 point shooters and Olynyk would play the Rashad Lewis role of stretch 4 that Van Gundy took the magic to the 2009 ECF with.
 One elite rebounding defensive big man Drummond,,surrounded by 3 point shooters.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 07:37:32 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Young and 16 for 8 (and the waivable Butler for salary purposes).  This lets them get another shooter at the wing, and pick Dekker to give them some spacing at the 4.

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 07:37:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think they will ask for Sully.

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 09:06:08 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Young and 16 for 8 (and the waivable Butler for salary purposes).  This lets them get another shooter at the wing, and pick Dekker to give them some spacing at the 4.

Who do you take in that scenario SL?
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 02:30:45 AM »

Offline alewilliam789

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 76
Nay. Any trade involving Detroit, which is certainly a possibility, is going to involve one of either Sullinger or Olynyk. SVG is well known for using 4 good shooters around a defensive C, and either KO or Sully fits that mold better than Zeller. Olynyk's skills would be much more appreciated playing with a guy like Drummond to cover his defensive short comings.

Any trade into the top 10 is probably gonna cost us at least one of the Sully, KO, Bradley trio.

I'd still happily do KO and 16 for 8 since KO and Sully are kind of redundant at this point.

EDIT: KO could play the Rashard Lewis stretch-4 role very well.

I could see them doing a deal with Olynyk because he would be a very good fit with Drummond.
I'd be fine with giving up Olynyk, 16, and 33 for 8th overall. Draft Stanley Johnson, WCTS, or Hezonja. Use Avery Bradley to trade up in the later first for RHJ.

PG: Marcus Smrt
SG: Mario Hezonja
SF: Rodnae Hollis-Jefferson
PF: Jared Sullinger
C:  Tyler Zeller/Robin Lopez

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 03:41:46 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
To Piston: Zeller, Turner and 16th pick, 45th pick
To Celtics:  8th pick and Butler

8th pick: Johnson
28th pick: Mickey
33rd pick: Richaun Holmes

Celtics lineup
C  - Sullinger/KO/Iverson
PF - Mickey/Holmes
SF - Johnson/Crowder/Wallace
SG -  AB/Young/Butler
PG -  Smart/IT/Pressey

Reason Celtics do trade:  Johnson.    Mickey and Holmes picked later in the draft provide above the rim presence the team desperately needs. No true center but Sullinger and KO space out the floor  and cause opening around the post for guys like Johnson, Smart , IT to drive in at will  /get to the line.   On the defensive end, Mickey, Holmes patrol the paint.  Iverson on the team as the "banger" vs big centers.

Yay or nay?
    You can't get to 8 with that offer. Maybe something like 16, 28, and Young might do it. At any rate, I don't see why Detroit would trade back when they have a chance to get a potential star. Also, if our three centers next year are Sullinger, KO, and Iverson, I will break down and cry.

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 11:21:43 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
Not enough value for Detroit.

Two bench players, a mid 2nd rounder and the #16 is not enough to move up to #8.

+1

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 03:42:27 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think a deal could be worked out with Detroit, but not with those pieces (or at least, not with Turner being a part of it). They need more shooting from their wing positions.

Well they could solve that with 16.  I'm thinking they will get a guy like Portis with 16

They want established talent. There's a reason why they're considering trading the pick.