Author Topic: Trade Idea with Pistons on draft night  (Read 4168 times)

Trade Idea with Pistons on draft night
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:17:18 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To Piston: Zeller, Turner and 16th pick, 45th pick
To Celtics:  8th pick and Butler

8th pick: Johnson
28th pick: Mickey
33rd pick: Richaun Holmes

Celtics lineup
C  - Sullinger/KO/Iverson
PF - Mickey/Holmes
SF - Johnson/Crowder/Wallace
SG -  AB/Young/Butler
PG -  Smart/IT/Pressey

Reason Pistons do trade:  Lots of question marks for the team next season. I doubt they will attract many FAs.  Zeller could take over Monroe's spot and play next to Drummond. Or come off the bench.  Turner be the teams SF or come off the bench. Roster is kind of empty for next season.

Reason Celtics do trade:  Johnson.    Mickey and Holmes picked later in the draft provide above the rim presence the team desperately needs. No true center but Sullinger and KO space out the floor  and cause opening around the post for guys like Johnson, Smart , IT to drive in at will  /get to the line.   On the defensive end, Mickey, Holmes patrol the paint.  Iverson on the team as the "banger" vs big centers.

Yay or nay?

Re: Trade Idea with Pistons on draft night
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:42:22 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I think a deal could be worked out with Detroit, but not with those pieces (or at least, not with Turner being a part of it). They need more shooting from their wing positions.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:46:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think a deal could be worked out with Detroit, but not with those pieces (or at least, not with Turner being a part of it). They need more shooting from their wing positions.

Well they could solve that with 16.  I'm thinking they will get a guy like Portis with 16

Starting lineup

Drummond
Portis
Turner
KCP
Jackson

Or get another SF and have Turner and Zeller be the key guys off the bench.    Drummond, Portis and Zeller upfront trio is decent

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 10:08:23 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
To Piston: Zeller, Turner and 16th pick, 45th pick
To Celtics:  8th pick and Butler

8th pick: Johnson
28th pick: Mickey
33rd pick: Richaun Holmes

Celtics lineup
C  - Sullinger/KO/Iverson
PF - Mickey/Holmes
SF - Johnson/Crowder/Wallace
SG -  AB/Young/Butler
PG -  Smart/IT/Pressey

Reason Pistons do trade:  Lots of question marks for the team next season. I doubt they will attract many FAs.  Zeller could take over Monroe's spot and play next to Drummond. Or come off the bench.  Turner be the teams SF or come off the bench. Roster is kind of empty for next season.

Reason Celtics do trade:  Johnson.    Mickey and Holmes picked later in the draft provide above the rim presence the team desperately needs. No true center but Sullinger and KO space out the floor  and cause opening around the post for guys like Johnson, Smart , IT to drive in at will  /get to the line.   On the defensive end, Mickey, Holmes patrol the paint.  Iverson on the team as the "banger" vs big centers.

Yay or nay?
They may consider this if you replace Zeller with KO.

I honestly dont like this from either side. Boston gives up a lot of decent pieces and Detroit doesnt really plug any holes.

Its best for Detroit to just stand pat at 8 and take the wing or 4 that is BPA

I mean they know that either Hezonja, Winslow, Porzingis, or Johnson will be there so they can take BPA, get great value for pick 8 and address a need.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I think Stanley Johnson (SF) at #8 would be a really nice fit alongside Andre Drummond, KCP and Reggie Jackson. Big physical athletic defensive unit.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 10:15:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Not enough value for Detroit.

Two bench players, a mid 2nd rounder and the #16 is not enough to move up to #8.

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 10:28:48 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Nay. Any trade involving Detroit, which is certainly a possibility, is going to involve one of either Sullinger or Olynyk. SVG is well known for using 4 good shooters around a defensive C, and either KO or Sully fits that mold better than Zeller. Olynyk's skills would be much more appreciated playing with a guy like Drummond to cover his defensive short comings.

Any trade into the top 10 is probably gonna cost us at least one of the Sully, KO, Bradley trio.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 10:30:12 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Nay. Any trade involving Detroit, which is certainly a possibility, is going to involve one of either Sullinger or Olynyk. SVG is well known for using 4 good shooters around a defensive C, and either KO or Sully fits that mold better than Zeller. Olynyk's skills would be much more appreciated playing with a guy like Drummond to cover his defensive short comings.

Any trade into the top 10 is probably gonna cost us at least one of the Sully, KO, Bradley trio.

I'd still happily do KO and 16 for 8 since KO and Sully are kind of redundant at this point.

EDIT: KO could play the Rashard Lewis stretch-4 role very well.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 10:41:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I think Stanley Johnson (SF) at #8 would be a really nice fit alongside Andre Drummond, KCP and Reggie Jackson. Big physical athletic defensive unit.

If they are not big on Johnson then they will make the trade. I see them liking Portis alot for some reason

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 10:42:17 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If C's were signing Monroe Id look to do Monroe(S&T) and 8th for IT, Wallace, 28, 33, and Sully. It helps them get shooting and a PF replacement.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
If C's were signing Monroe Id look to do Monroe(S&T) and 8th for IT, Wallace, 28, 33, and Sully. It helps them get shooting and a PF replacement.

There's no reason to do a S&T with Monroe. He's a UFA, not a RFA. The Cs can just sign him outright at the max and there's no reason to give anything back to Det for him.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 10:52:12 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

There's no reason to do a S&T with Monroe. He's a UFA, not a RFA. The Cs can just sign him outright at the max and there's no reason to give anything back to Det for him.

exactly. and we don't have any cap issues.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 11:15:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Its the bigger picture guys. By doing S&T you move IT, the picks and Sully to Pistons without having to match additional salary and you score 8th pick. Thus you now have a high 1st, Monroe and still the 20 million in cap space. Use the cap to sign Middelton, Harris, Leonard or Butler At 15 per and Pierce at 5 per. Draft WCS or SJ at 8 and Portis or Oubre at 16.

Smart, Middleton, Pierce, WCS, Monroe
Bench AB,Turner, Oubre, KO, Zeller

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 11:28:22 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Its the bigger picture guys. By doing S&T you move IT, the picks and Sully to Pistons without having to match additional salary and you score 8th pick. Thus you now have a high 1st, Monroe and still the 20 million in cap space. Use the cap to sign Middelton, Harris, Leonard or Butler At 15 per and Pierce at 5 per. Draft WCS or SJ at 8 and Portis or Oubre at 16.

Smart, Middleton, Pierce, WCS, Monroe
Bench AB,Turner, Oubre, KO, Zeller
I don't think you can sign and trade UFA's but I think 16 KO and 33 might get you to 8 then you'd give up 28 with Wallace to clear cap.

Basically accomplishes the same.

If you want to keep 16 then maybe the KO IT4 33 for 8? It seems an overpay to me but it sets us up really nicely as you mentioned

I think Harris then Middleton would be the targets for FA.

My concern would be defensively as if you go with the WCS monroe future front line you have to guys who can't shoot at all and if you keep KO or Sully you get 2 terrible defenders.

Myles Turner seems like a really nice fit but then who defend the quicker 4s?

It's tough to find a nice frontcourt pairing with Monroe
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 11:43:09 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

Yup.

Stanely is an obvious fit there so you're going to have to overpay DET for that pick.

At least Sullinger or Olynyk would have to be involved.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.