Author Topic: Rumor: C's will be after Carroll this summer  (Read 9123 times)

Re: Rumor: C's will be after Carroll this summer
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2015, 09:44:55 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I would not sign DeMarre Carroll for big money because he likely will not improve. As for the restricted free agents most of the good ones will get the max and are worth it. We can't be cheap and should get a good restricted free agent this offseason because this is our opportunity to do so.

He's probably not likely to improve.  At the same time, what are the chances that a guy like Tobias Harris ever is as productive on both ends in a playoff run as Carroll has been this year?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I would not sign DeMarre Carroll for big money because he likely will not improve. As for the restricted free agents most of the good ones will get the max and are worth it. We can't be cheap and should get a good restricted free agent this offseason because this is our opportunity to do so.

He's probably not likely to improve.  At the same time, what are the chances that a guy like Tobias Harris ever is as productive on both ends in a playoff run as Carroll has been this year?

Tobias Harris will be 23 and scores 17 ppg and can stretch the floor and isn't a bad defender. Orlando should resign him though otherwise what is the point of developing players.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2015, 10:04:33 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Id say pretty high. Hell never be the defender Carroll but I expect him to be much more effective on the whole
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2015, 10:28:12 PM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
I swear, you could just create a "C's will be after ____ (fill in the blank here) this summer" thread on virtually every NBA player and half of the summer/euro leagues and probably be right.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2015, 10:57:36 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I'll take anyone other than that pinhead Turner at the 3.

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2015, 11:28:03 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
Between Carroll and Middleton my vote will be towards Middleton. Even if his production is a result of it being a contract year, I don't think he will recede back to the player he was years ago. On top of that CBS is known to get the best production out of his players,  and Middleton will only get better on the Celtics. Even though Carroll is a great SF, I feel that Middleton's stats are too good to ignore.

« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2015, 11:58:50 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
I like Carrol, but why?

Invest in Jae. I think he's going to have a breakout season next year and we already have his rights.

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2015, 12:42:58 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I'd rather bet on Jae Crowder turning into Demarre Carroll than get actal Demarre Carroll.

I second that motion. They have really similar playing styles, and if Crowder can just round out his offense a bit (which is exactly what Carroll did) he could be just as good and valuable as Carroll has been the past year or two. He's 24, DeMarre is 29. Give Crowder 4 or 5 Mil for 4 years and I bet he signs it. That dude clearly loves playing here, he talked about it every chance he could. I get that he seems like a CBS kinda player, but so is Crowder. Doesn't make sense.

When it's rumor season, some of the things that get thrown around are just crazy.

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2015, 01:08:20 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Start Wallace?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2015, 01:14:26 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

Think you resign Crowder and hope he becomes the next Demarre Carrol.

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 02:20:59 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
lol... let's pause and imagine a world where adding the 5th best Hawk to a perpetually mediocre 32-45 win squad suddenly vaults it into championship contention.   Can you even fathom it?

Yeah...  We're still missing our Horford, Millsap, Teague, and Korver.

I like Carroll a lot, but he's not the guy you spend big money on, even if that big money will appear to be slightly less in a couple years.
So is there any non-marquee free agent that you would spend big money on?  What about Tobias Harris?
I'd be fine with giving Tobias Harris the max, but so would Orlando.

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2015, 02:21:27 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Well that's my last name which is definitely the closest I'll ever be to seeing my name in green so I'll recuse myself from this debate for conflict of interest.

I was this close with Joe Barry Carroll but we had to trade go and trade him for the decent return of Parish and McHale.

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well that's my last name which is definitely the closest I'll ever be to seeing my name in green so I'll recuse myself from this debate for conflict of interest.

I was this close with Joe Barry Carroll but we had to trade go and trade him for the decent return of Parish and McHale.

Coach John Carroll?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2015, 06:28:28 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Start Wallace?

I'm all for that.

« Reply #59 on: May 22, 2015, 10:03:21 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
There is an increasing price tag on the 3&D players lately, probably because of the way the teams stretch the floor in modern nba.
That being said, 15m 4 years contract is equivalent to a bit less of 11m now. I think it's too much for Caroll and probably for Middleton as well. However, what are we gonna do? Between this summer and the next, all the great players will be gone and overpaid by to teams because the cap is rising. If we stand pat, we then have to keep all our picks and find all our players in the next 3 drafts.
There are 3&D players in the 2nd round in this draft.
Are you ready for this? I'm not...