Author Topic: 2ND Round Sleeper Lithuanian Center  (Read 1980 times)

2ND Round Sleeper Lithuanian Center
« on: May 21, 2015, 03:16:29 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KOMevYoZfE

Before you see the numbers of this young big, watch the video.

Arturas Gudaitis 6'10'' 254 lbs.

His numbers this last season:

17 MPG
57 FG%
25 3FG%
73 FT%
8.7 PPG
4.9 RPG
.4 APG
.6 SPG
1.2 BPG

Seriously, he is a almost 22 years old, but he has really good athleticism and strength, finishes with authority inside, has great footwork, and uses his body around the rim really well. He has a developing jumpshot and blocks a good amount of shots a game. He rebounds well and could bang with some of the biggest guys in the NBA.

Re: 2ND Round Sleeper Lithuanian Center
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 03:45:17 PM »

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
Liked what I saw. Not mind-blowing but wouldn't mind picking him in the 2nd round. The thing is: wouldn't you prefer a US prospect like Jordan Mickey? I think Euro guys are always a big gamble.

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »

• Paul Silas
Liked what I saw. Not mind-blowing but wouldn't mind picking him in the 2nd round. The thing is: wouldn't you prefer a US prospect like Jordan Mickey? I think Euro guys are always a big gamble.

Maybe. Depends on who is available. Mickey is an interesting pick. Basically just looking for outside-of-the-box second round picks who might develop. Gudaitis looks like that to me.

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 04:04:54 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Maybe. Depends on who is available. Mickey is an interesting pick. Basically just looking for outside-of-the-box second round picks who might develop. Gudaitis looks like that to me.

[dang], great find, not afraid to go up with 2 hands and bang it home. Liked what I saw in the activity level and athleticism. Really had his nose in the thick of things for alot of those blocks.

Be a near ideal draft and stash candidate.

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 06:32:01 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
TP to the OP. The Celtics likely won't carry 4 rooks on their squad this year but if somehow they do, they'll choose a guy like this at 45 to stash in Europe for a year.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 09:07:23 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
TP for a good find. He looks very quick for a 250lb dude, good timing on the shot block, quick off his feet if not explosive. Offensively he looks limited--no polish in the post, very hesitant to take jump shots, but if you give him a lane to the basket he'll dunk all over you.

Would be a nice draft-and-stash. Especially see if he can develop a jumpshot, which would let him blend in offensively much more easily.

These kinds of videos don't really show weaknesses, so you have to be open to the possibility that he has low BBIQ, never passes, doesn't get back in transition etc etc.

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 09:53:34 AM »

• Paul Silas
I really like it when DraftExpress does a strength/weaknesses of these types of players. It would be pretty easy to put together a video of Javale McGee making him look like the most dominate big in the NBA.

However, this video does at least show the raw ability and athleticism is there. He needs to shoot 500 15 footers a day for awhile, making sure he does not bring the ball low and that his form is consistent.

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 07:28:45 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
He's almost 22, how much better is he going to get?  I think there are better Euro's available:  Jaiteh, Luwawu, Hernangomez, Diagne, Osman, Milutinov, Dias
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby