Author Topic: 16, 28, 33, 45 (no trades)  (Read 9847 times)

Re: 16, 28, 33, 45 (no trades)
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2015, 12:55:57 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I know these are highlights of his best stuff. But man it's impressive.  The size, mobility, athleticism, reach, wingspan.   Doesn't look like a dummy on the court either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUV54UoT9k

take the risk Danny
I expected him to be better defensively.  I was surprised how easily he lets opposing centers get good position in the post.  He relies on his athleticism and size to bail him out.

like the video listed, poor fundementals.  Also needs to toughen up a little. Still was able to block 6.8 per 40 min adjusted

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2015, 12:59:45 AM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
To me, Rashad Vaugn is a late lottery- mid first round talent.  Being so young with his scoring instincts is very impressive.  Decent size, very underrated athlete, can shoot/score from anywhere on the floor.  Can thrive as a 6th man for a few years, then possibly become a premier shooter/ 4th option like Kyle Korver, JJ Reddick, etc.  Just as good a prospect as Devin Booker imo.

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2015, 01:11:38 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To me, Rashad Vaugn is a late lottery- mid first round talent.  Being so young with his scoring instincts is very impressive.  Decent size, very underrated athlete, can shoot/score from anywhere on the floor.  Can thrive as a 6th man for a few years, then possibly become a premier shooter/ 4th option like Kyle Korver, JJ Reddick, etc.  Just as good a prospect as Devin Booker imo.

Vaughn is nice but his 6'6 wingspan is not great. Good athlete just not as good as say Tokoto

If Tokoto has improved his 3 pt shot , I would be tempted to take him as high as 33.   

Like a slightly shorter/ slimmer RHJ.  Plays hard. Versatile defender.   Better ball handler than RHJ

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2015, 03:34:32 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

Vaughn is nice but his 6'6 wingspan is not great. Good athlete just not as good as say Tokoto

If Tokoto has improved his 3 pt shot , I would be tempted to take him as high as 33.   

Like a slightly shorter/ slimmer RHJ.  Plays hard. Versatile defender.   Better ball handler than RHJ

True about Vaughn, but it looks like he has a scorer's mentality, and he is only 19, after all, but he'll be gone, either by 33 or 45, and if Tyler Harvey is somehow still, miraculously, on the board, we have to get him, but I expect that the Wolves, Rockets, Lakers, Golden State, or OKC will take him, and that's just off the top of my head, haha ;D. Sigh.

As for Tokoto, after looking into him, I'd love to get him at 45, especially if everyone else is gone.  He's not a good/great shooter, but he's a tremendous Gerald Green-like athlete, only this guy has the passing gene, and he was knocking down shots at the combine, so take from that what you will.

Has anyone seen Michael Qualls play?  I keep confusing him with Chad Qualls because of their last name, lol ;D, and I just thought of DJ Qualls.  Now if only biggie smalls was still here, lol ;D. Talk about a collaboration ;) (sarcasm) ;D. We could call it 'q and b' or 'qualls and balls' ;D. Man, this is starting to get confusing ;D. Anyway, how good, or bad, is Michael?  I also wouldn't sleep on Ryan Boatright, either.  If everyone's gone by 44, I'd take him in a heartbeat. 

Any interest in Larry Nance Jr., btw?  Has anyone seen him play?  I saw a bit at the combine, but that's it.  Just wondering.  Bottom line - there's a lot of talent in this draft, and I hope that we can acquire as much as possible :).

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2015, 03:37:39 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I know these are highlights of his best stuff. But man it's impressive.  The size, mobility, athleticism, reach, wingspan.   Doesn't look like a dummy on the court either

take the risk Danny
I expected him to be better defensively.  I was surprised how easily he lets opposing centers get good position in the post.  He relies on his athleticism and size to bail him out.

like the video listed, poor fundementals.  Also needs to toughen up a little. Still was able to block 6.8 per 40 min adjusted

Of which defensive fundamentals are you speaking?  Maybe I'm just tired, but I can't think of any right now, lol ;D. Do you mean like fighting for position, denying the entry pass, etc., or is there much more to be learned for Upshaw?

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2015, 07:50:21 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I'd say we have a 50-50 chance at Upshaw with #16

28 th.......very very slim

33 th.........almost nill

45 th .........no chance

Could be  the pick that pulls the rabbit out of the hat or. he heads out of the NBA for good.

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2015, 08:16:34 AM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

take the risk Danny

I admittedly know little about Upshaw and this is one of the first in-depth looks I got at him. I was expecting a little more explosivity and that right hand 'hook' shot while turning to his right side is going to get sent into the stands by NBA centers - you can't just leave the ball exposed like that while turning into them. He doesn't need to become Al Jefferson down low, but he will need to learn a basic baby hook using his left shoulder as a shield.

With all that being said, he obviously has the tools to be a very good player, but probably has a long way to go - especially with all his baggage. A guy like WCS seems like clearly the superior player (the athleticism difference is quite vast) and there are no worries of him melting down.

He seems like the kind of guy who will rise up draft boards because of hype and potential, but drop back down because of risk.

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2015, 09:44:10 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
#16 Oubre (much more athletic version of Young), Upshaw (if his interview went well), Wood (why not swing for the fences - long athletic shooting bigs are soooo valuable, and he was in a poor situation at UNLV), Grant (2-way player who can create for himself and others, but do we need another guard?),

#28 Upshaw (even if his interview wasn't great), Chris McCullough (sweet tools for a PF, only played 16 games before tearing his ACL)