Author Topic: 16, 28, 33, 45 (no trades)  (Read 9871 times)

Re: 16, 28, 33, 45 (no trades)
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 11:56:57 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
update for me

#16. Upshaw (you take the risk. High risk/high reward)
#25. Mickey (trade 28 and 45. I know , no trades but I predict he won't be available at 28)
#33. Aleksandar Vezenkov (reading he is a lights out shooter, draft and stash - Mirotic like situation)

undrafted (if available): Anthony Brown, Lebryan Nash, Richaun Holmes

Don't forget about Josh Richardson, either.  Along with Nash, there could be a number of excellent players who somehow don't get drafted this year.  Hopefully, Ainge will sign them, but I'm not going to hold my breath, lol ;D.

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 11:59:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I know these are highlights of his best stuff. But man it's impressive.  The size, mobility, athleticism, reach, wingspan.   Doesn't look like a dummy on the court either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUV54UoT9k

take the risk Danny

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2015, 12:07:59 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
update for me

#25. Mickey (trade 28 and 45. I know , no trades but I predict he won't be available at 28)
#33. Aleksandar Vezenkov (reading he is a lights out shooter, draft and stash - Mirotic like situation)

Don't forget about Josh Richardson, either.  Along with Nash, there could be a number of excellent players who somehow don't get drafted this year.  Hopefully, Ainge will sign them, but I'm not going to hold my breath, lol ;D.

I seriously don't get why Nash is not even considered as a 2nd round pick...

Averaged 17 points per game last year. 46% shooting. Has the body, has the athleticism and the scoring ability, especially from the midrange.

I get that he probably has limited upside and he has no NBA 3 point range, but to be projected undrafted? Baffles me. Is it really just a senior thing?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2015, 12:09:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
- He shot at 70 percent close to the basket
- 6.8 blocks per 40 (leader in NCAA if not suspended)

We could really use both of these strengths next season.

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2015, 12:11:56 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
update for me

Averaged 17 points per game last year. 46% shooting. Has the body, has the athleticism and the scoring ability, especially from the midrange.

I get that he probably has limited upside and he has no NBA 3 point range, but to be projected undrafted? Baffles me. Is it really just a senior thing?

alot of it.   

LN reminds me of a poor version of Melo Anthony.   Smooth athlete, not really explosive. But top notch mid range game. 

I would take Nash at 44.   At best could be someone you give the ball in the post and get out of the way.

can't really find new highlights. But you can see the potential

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP_RPU8uaAY

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2015, 12:16:07 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
rarely do you come across shady prospects like Royce White who fail fail in year 1 or 2

Yet Royce White fell in the draft because he had major red flags.  Same here.  Same with Hassan Whiteside, who was also out of the league for a while, and who knows if he'll stick around.

Fab Melo had some red flags, and was just a very risky pick for a number of reasons, and he didn't make it through his rookie deal, either.

It's harder to find examples of guys who had the kind of trouble in school that Upshaw has had, with the kind of negative off-the-court hype Upshaw has had, who ended up becoming valuable contributors to the team that drafted them.

You guys won't believe this - the Clippers, and other teams, have made summer league offers to Royce White.  Wow, and I thought that Doc looking into Wesley Johnson was scraping the bottom of the barrel, lol ;D. Check out the comments, as well.  My favorite is the last one ;D.

Report: Clippers, other teams have made Summer League offers to Royce White

One of the pillars of the NBA Summer League is second chances.

While we often focus on the just-drafted rookies and handful of players (at most) on each team who could make an NBA roster the next season, a lot of what happens at Summer League is often dismissed guys getting another chance to prove they deserve get paid to play basketball (in the NBA or overseas).

Count Royce White among them. The former first-round pick has said he wants to make an NBA comeback, which will start this summer in Las Vegas, very possibly with the Los Angeles Clippers, reports Darren Wolfson of 1500 ESPN In Minnesota.

Royce White has more than a LAC offer for summer league. I have his comeback story at 10:22 on @KSTP. Talked w/ him & mentor Chris Carr.

— Darren Wolfson (@DWolfsonKSTP) May 22, 2015

White is the perfect candidate for a Summer League second chance. He is just 24, and his potential as a 6’8? point forward had him drafted No. 16 by the Rockets. His talent should intrigue teams.

The challenge for teams is White has been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder that includes a fear of flying, and he wanted accommodations to help him adjust. Teams felt the couldn’t, or they just wouldn’t. As one executive told Kevin Arnovitz of ESPN in talking about Larry Sanders — the Bucks star dealing with depression and anxiety issues — team’s don’t deal well with handling of mental issues.

It’s not likely White makes it all the way back to the NBA. But to give him a chance and take a look, that’s what the Summer League is for.

Here's the comment, btw -

rickycubane - May 23, 2015 at 8:27 PM

This guy.. he comes Into the sports authority in my shopping center and spends 10k on paint ball guns.. no bs.. and has 8 guys with him.. he buys his entourage all 5k in paint ball accessories. . This is in suburban philly.. guy obviously Nissan not afraid of objects flying at him or pain. . But is afraid of working for a paycheck

Lol ;D, what?  I hate the last part of this post, but the emboldened part is hilarious, imo.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/22/report-clippers-other-teams-have-made-summer-league-offers-to-royce-white/

This should probably be it's own thread, right?

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2015, 12:19:27 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
update for me

alot of it.   

LN reminds me of a poor version of Melo Anthony.   Smooth athlete, not really explosive. But top notch mid range game. 

I would take Nash at 44.   At best could be someone you give the ball in the post and get out of the way.

What about Ron Artest?  I believe that comparison was made by nbadraft.net.

Edit - nbadraft.net has since changed their comparison to Korleone Young.

I'd at least look into him.  With a name like that, how can he not be any good (sarcasm) ::) ;D? Ask Smart how good he is, or isn't, lol ;D. 6'10" wingspan, as well, for the Jay Bilas fan out there...somewhere, haha ;) ;D.

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2015, 12:23:04 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
update for me

alot of it.   

All I know he's he's 6'7", 230 Pounds and he's a solid athlete with a 6'10" wingspan. That's good size for a Small Forward. I know he has shown he can score in college, even though he dosn't have the range.

I think a player like that could be at least, a dud who comes up from the bench, gives you 10-12 minutes of solid defense and score a little.

Yet, he's projected to not even be drafted.

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2015, 12:24:58 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
update for me

Don't you pay attention - that shot doesn't count, anymore ;) (sarcasm), lol ;D. Sigh.

I love his free throw attempts, btw.  Look at his game log - he shot 18 in one game this year and averages 7.1 attempts a contest -

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/57030/lebryan-nash

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2015, 12:31:08 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
update for me

Don't you pay attention - that shot doesn't count, anymore ;) (sarcasm), lol ;D. Sigh.
I was under the impression that he was a very poor shooter. I also recall him having a terrible bbiq and from what I've seen I him he's actually most effective in the post.

Have never heard before that he has a good midrange game.

My impression of Nash was that he is a great athlete but more like smart than wiggins in that he's very strong rather than jump out the gym athleticism.

I'm also curious what position he would play in the NBA. Is he big enough to play the 4 can someone who's offense is built around post-ups play the 3?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2015, 12:31:41 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
update for me

I love his free throw attempts, btw.  Look at his game log - he shot 18 in one game this year and averages 7.1 attempts a contest -

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/57030/lebryan-nash

Shaun Livingston is killing the Rockets with his midrange. Who knows, maybe he can develop a range too. He has the body to be a SF and he can score. How is he projected as an undrafted kid?

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2015, 12:33:47 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
update for me

alot of it.   

What about Ron Artest?  I believe that comparison was made by nbadraft.net.

Edit - nbadraft.net has since changed their comparison to Korleone Young.

I'd at least look into him.  With a name like that, how can he not be any good (sarcasm) ::) ;D? Ask Smart how good he is, or isn't, lol ;D. 6'10" wingspan, as well, for the Jay Bilas fan out there...somewhere, haha ;) ;D.

naw. More like Melo.   Nash is good at rotating around without moving , identifying your weakness as you try to defend, and drive in either left or right.  Or dribble and pullup for a jumper

Melo, Pierce, Middleton are pretty good at this

not as good/willing defender as Artist.

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2015, 12:37:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
update for me

Shaun Livingston is killing the Rockets with his midrange. Who knows, maybe he can develop a range too. He has the body to be a SF and he can score. How is he projected as an undrafted kid?

what a pickup SL has been for GSW.  He is doing so much damage off the bench

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2015, 12:38:24 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I know these are highlights of his best stuff. But man it's impressive.  The size, mobility, athleticism, reach, wingspan.   Doesn't look like a dummy on the court either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHUV54UoT9k

take the risk Danny
I expected him to be better defensively.  I was surprised how easily he lets opposing centers get good position in the post.  He relies on his athleticism and size to bail him out. 

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2015, 12:41:16 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
update for me

I was under the impression that he was a very poor shooter. I also recall him having a terrible bbiq and from what I've seen I him he's actually most effective in the post.

Have never heard before that he has a good midrange game.

My impression of Nash was that he is a great athlete but more like smart than wiggins in that he's very strong rather than jump out the gym athleticism.

I'm also curious what position he would play in the NBA. Is he big enough to play the 4 can someone who's offense is built around post-ups play the 3?

Excellent :).  We need all the low post scoring we can get right now, lol ;D, and absolutely.  Why not?  Everyone used to have a post game, but it's apparently gone the way of the dodo :'(.

Anyway, here's a draftexpress scouting video on him, albeit one that's from 2012.  Sorry, it's the best that I can find right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzTiQJ9qZKM