Author Topic: Sully & 16 for #8 (idea)  (Read 1860 times)

Sully & 16 for #8 (idea)
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:40:11 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I was browsing the pistons site and saw that some were talking about sully and trading pick #8 for sully and #16.

Would you do it?

Winslow and WCS are prly gone by #8 but maybe not....plus there is stanley johnson and Turner also. hmmm

Re: Sully & 16 for #8 (idea)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:44:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I was browsing the pistons site and saw that some were talking about sully and trading pick #8 for sully and #16.

Would you do it?

Winslow and WCS are prly gone by #8 but maybe not....plus there is stanley johnson and Turner also. hmmm

I think I'd like a little something else from Detroit as well. Seems a light return.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 12:44:50 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
How fast can I sign up for that one?

But I don't see any circumstances under which the Pistons would.

Mike

Re: Sully & 16 for #8
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
With #8, you guarantee yourself one of:

Unlikely:
Towns
Okafor
Russell
Mudiay
Winslow

Possible:
Hezonja
Porzingis
WCS

I'd take any of those three for Sully and the #16, but I can't see Detroit trading the pick if Porzingis or Hezonja are available
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 12:45:30 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922

Would you do it?

I'd definitely do it. In my opinion, one of KO or Sully is expendable right now anyways, and I think KO would work better next to WCS, who I definitely think we could get with 8 (or at least be better able to move up and grab him with).

EDIT: We'd then have a really nice young core of Smart, Young, KO, and WCS, which is pretty balanced. We'd just need a good-defending/scoring 3-man and we'd pretty much have an excellent core for the future.

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 12:50:47 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
I'm not sure if detroit would be interested in sully. He might be a good fit beside Drummond and has been working on the 3 for SVG ;) lol

I'd do this trade in a second.. .....or id do KO and throw in 33 as well

Then draft winslow(dream slide) or Stanley Johnson and get DeAndre Jordan

smart/bradley/Winslow or johnson/KO or Sully/Jordan

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 01:00:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I don't think Sully has enough trade value to move up from #16 to #8.

The combination of the conditioning problems + new big contract extension on the horizon ... I think Sully's trade value is well below where his talent is. I do not think Boston will get much for him on the trade market. I think a pick in the 2nd half of the first round is the best Boston could do in a Sully-for-a pick swap. That is not enough on top of the #16 to get into the top 10 at #8.

Especially not in this draft where opinion is that this group is really deep at the top of the draft.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 01:03:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Unlikely:
Towns
Okafor
Russell
Mudiay
Winslow

Possible:
Hezonja
Porzingis
WCS

I'd take any of those three for Sully and the #16, but I can't see Detroit trading the pick if Porzingis or Hezonja are available
I'd add Stanley Johnson to the list.

So basically it's Sully and 16 for WCS. Which isn't bad for either team. Kind of favors Detroit if you don't believe in WCS developing a offense.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 01:10:27 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White

Unlikely:
Towns
Okafor
Russell
Mudiay
Winslow

Possible:
Hezonja
Porzingis
WCS

So basically it's Sully and 16 for WCS. Which isn't bad for either team. Kind of favors Detroit if you don't believe in WCS developing a offense.

I suspect WCS is gone by #8.

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 01:13:30 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Unlikely:
Towns
Okafor
Russell
Mudiay
Winslow

Possible:
Hezonja
Porzingis
WCS

If that is the case someone Detroit could really use will be there at 8 and then I can't see this trade.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402

Unlikely:
Towns
Okafor
Russell
Mudiay
Winslow

Possible:
Hezonja
Porzingis
WCS

I don't think he'll go in the top 8.

I think top five will be Towns, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay and Winslow.

Next teams are: Sacramento (Cousins), Denver (Nurkic), Detroit (Drummond), Charlotte (possibly - Big Al is a FA so maybe), Miami (possibility), Indiana (possibility).

I think WCS goes 9-11.

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 01:15:59 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Unlikely:
Towns
Okafor
Russell
Mudiay
Winslow

Possible:
Hezonja
Porzingis
WCS

I think it's probably a 50/50 shot he's still there, depending on whether the Kings take him or Porzingis (I see Denver taking either Winslow or Hezonja [whoever the Magic don't take], with Towns, Okafor, Mudiay, and Russell as the first 4 off the board)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 01:17:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
Most mock drafts project WCS to SAC at #6 to pair with Cousins.

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2015/5/20/8630763/nba-draft-2015-mock-draft-sacramento-kings

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 01:32:15 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
They are favoring this trade in Pistons forums? That's awesome. I agree with those that say it would basically be Sully and the #16 for WCS, but if for some reason he's taken, then Hezonja, Winslow, or Porzingis would be the consolation prize - still totally worth it. Remember, we have two glaring needs and one of those is an athletic, scoring wing.

If we did end up with Winslow, Hezonja, or [god forbid] Johnson, then Danny should do everything possibly to make sure he gets Upshaw.