Author Topic: Minnesota Trade Proposal  (Read 2479 times)

Minnesota Trade Proposal
« on: May 20, 2015, 09:00:49 AM »

Offline RodneyRogers

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=n24nevd

Plus return the 2016 Minny 1st round pick.

For C's: Buy low on Pekovic, an offense-first low post presence (i.e. a much better version of Sully).

For Minn: Get out of expensive contract for years they won't contend. Can tank to their heart's content next season knowing they have their pick back.
Over the years, I've had hundreds of shots blocked. You've got to go in and take chances.
-John Havlicek

Re: Minnesota Trade Proposal
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 09:03:17 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd like Pek on most teams; but an immobile, offensive minded center, who plays terrible defense is the last thing this team needs.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 09:09:37 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I say we go after Deing.

Does Min have the minutes to invest in two developing centers?

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 09:31:07 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
I say we go after Deing.

they are the worst team in basketball, again. they have lots of minutes to invest in developing young players.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 09:35:29 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Dam Pekovic making 12mill a year? Had no idea he was making that much. I like the guy, just not at that price tag.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 09:37:04 AM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
I say we go after Deing.

Dieng is really a guy I'd like us to go after.

It's possible that with Pekovic harder to move and the number of young guys they'll have to pay over the next 3-5 years, MIN may explore moving Dieng.

The original offer is, IMO, an overpay for Pekovic -- who hasn't been able to stay on the court the last 2 years.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'd be much happier with Dieng and I imagine his pricetag just went down slightly with the winning of the lottery.

As for the Wolves being the 'worst' team, I guess that is technically correct, but they aren't as bad as they may seem. They have a good mix of veterans and elite young talent. All they need to do is finish top 10 in the west next year and we get their 1st (assuming nobody outside the top 8 in the east finishes with a better record).

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
I say we go after Deing.

they are the worst team in basketball, again. they have lots of minutes to invest in developing young players.

Yes they have lots of minutes for developing players, but I said Centers

Let's look at their current bigs with the draft pick:
Towns/Okafor
Bennet
Deing
Pekovic
KG (likely to come back for 2years)

Pek still has $36m on his deal, I find it hard to believe his contract is easily tradable. As their roster stands, I would think someone is getting buried on that bench.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
My only issue with Pekovic is he seems to get injured a lot.

That said, I wouldn't be upset if we acquired him and got rid of Wallace.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 03:07:45 PM »

Offline RodneyRogers

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 13
Agreed. Returning to the original point above, giving up Minny's "#1" pick doesn't really hurt that much, because they're likely to suck next year and pick lower than 12th anyways. Even with Towns and a healthy Rubio do we really think they'll sniff the playoffs?
Over the years, I've had hundreds of shots blocked. You've got to go in and take chances.
-John Havlicek

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 04:00:39 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Agreed. Returning to the original point above, giving up Minny's "#1" pick doesn't really hurt that much, because they're likely to suck next year and pick lower than 12th anyways. Even with Towns and a healthy Rubio do we really think they'll sniff the playoffs?

I refuse to believe that the Wolves are going to suck next year. They had a number of injuries this past year and with their mix of veterans and future all-star young players, they could easily finish 10th in the west (and, in turn, send their pick to us).

Wiggins, Towns, Rubio, Dieng, Pekovic, Martin, Garnett, Lavine, Muhammad, Bennett, Neal is a ridiculously deep team. It seems like if they wanted to start competing, they could make a couple of trades (imagine what they could get for Towns!) and be well on their way.

I get it all has to do with the development of their young players, but looking at their roster, they have a very bright future.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 04:04:13 PM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
type of trade that would lead to Danny getting fired.  why make this trade?  4 years of 12 million for often injured, 1 dimensional Pek?  No f'in way.  Wallace you can simply waive to create an extra 6.7 in cap space.  or you move him to a team like Philly with a pick to unload that salary.  Sully is already probably a better player then Pek.  Let's see if he works himself into shape.  he gets another chance to blossom in my eyes...you have him cost controlled...he's a restricted FA after next season...or you can move Sully in a more substantial trade this season or next season. 

Awful trade.  awful awful.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
No thank you, I do not want Pek on the Celtics.  If the Wolves made Dieng available I would be all over that but I think a front court of  Dieng and Towns with KG and Bennett coming off the bench is their plan.  Someone will take Pek off of their hands, but I do not want that to be the Celtics.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby