Author Topic: Any interest in Rudy Gay? (idea)  (Read 2169 times)

Any interest in Rudy Gay? (idea)
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:55:26 AM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
He will be 29 and on 40mil 3-year deal with a player option for the 3rd year. This will be less than what guys like Harris and Middleton are supposed to get. This season he averaged 21pts/3,7ast/6reb while shooting 45%/36%/85% . Maybe a 3-way Trade with Denver which sends Lawson and maybe Olynyk to Sacramento could entice Karl and the Kings to move him.

To Denver (Thomas+Pick)
To Sacramento (Lawson+Olynyk+Pick)
To Boston (Gay+Collison)

Denver gets a cheaper replacement and a future asset while saving some money in a rebuilding year

Sacramento gets a stretch4 next to Cousins(which Karl wants) while upgrading the PG position with Lawson who he coache in Denver. They also save ~3mil which by itself isnīt much but the 3mil could in theory be quiet handy for Sacramento and allow them to prepare a max offer for a free agent by themself. They might ask for an additional asset in return.

Boston gets the wingscorer it needs. Collison could share the Guard minutes with Smart and Bradley which should work out, he will make 5mil per over the next to seasons and played decent this season. We take on some extra money but still would have the money to send out a maxoffer to someone.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:23:39 AM by e4sym0de »

Re: Any interest in Rudy Gay? (idea)
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349
That's interesting. I'm so used to Rudy Gay being grossly overpaid; it's hard for me to grasp that he signed an affordable 3-year extension. For that price, I'd definitely be interested. I always thought Gay was a solid player.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 01:59:51 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
I always thought Gay was a solid player.

He is what I had hoped Jeff Green would have turned into.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 02:04:50 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I like it.

However, I think the Kings view him and Cousins as a big part of their future, sadly :-[

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 02:37:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I like it, and I'm on board.

Outside of somewhat poor shot selection at times, he has been a good player who was overpaid. But he's not o overpaid anymore, and we could use a scorer with legit size at SF (to be able to atleast try defend LeBron) in Gay.

My question is would Denver be okay with just a IT + pick return for Lawson?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 02:42:05 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
The guy is the definition of hollow stats.
There is a reason Memphis and Toronto got better after trading him.
Career loser.
Been around too long to be deloused.
Don't take my word for it take Perks
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12029263/thunder-c-kendrick-perkins-fires-back-kings-sf-rudy-gay

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 09:23:20 AM »

Offline e4sym0de

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 12
My question is would Denver be okay with just a IT + pick return for Lawson?

I think Denver asked for 2 firsts during the season for Lawson, which no team was willing to pay. By trading Thomas and a pick you basicly pay 2 firsts as Thomas could easily be moved for a firsts somewhere.

I like it.

However, I think the Kings view him and Cousins as a big part of their future, sadly :-[

I am sure the Kings like him, but they replace him with Lawson who could also be a big part of their future and might be an even better fit next to Cousins. Olynyk also fills a need for them. They can use their high draft pick and capspace to fill the SF position.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 11:06:04 AM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Seems like Boston is way overpaying here - KO, IT, and two picks? If Sac is getting Lawson, that is a pretty straightforward deal, especially since Lawson is a Karl guy. KO and a pick to Denver still seems on par - leave IT and the other pick out of it.

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 01:40:53 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I have a lot of interest in LA or New York giving him a lucrative, long term deal

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 02:34:20 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
The thought of Gay volume shooting 3's in Brad Stevens system makes me want to drink...heavily.

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 04:28:49 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I haven't seen a ton of evidence that Gay is anything worse than previously overpaid. $19M was bad for a guy who was shooting just over 40% in Memphis and Toronto.

However, since coming to Sacramento (120+ games) he's shot around 47% with a 20/6/3 line. True shooting around 55%. $12M for that? Not bad.

I'd be hesitant to give up good assets for him, but the idea that he's some sort of cancer/chucker seems not quite right these days.