Author Topic: Using Bradley to get Charlotte or Detroit pick  (Read 4040 times)

Using Bradley to get Charlotte or Detroit pick
« on: May 20, 2015, 07:04:26 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Detroit pick 8th and Charlotte pick 9th. On draft day, there is a good chance that either Johnson or Hezonja are available at 8/9. In my opinion any higher than this costs too much for any player to be worthwhile.

So how about Bradley and the 16th pick for 8/9? Detroit and Charlotte are both looking for outside shooting and immediate help, which Bradley provides. We are in a situation where we need our next superstar and are willing to take a step back if it helps us in the long term. Hezonja is going to be big in this league and I'd love to see him in green.

Is that enough to entice them? Are we overpaying? If either are on the board at that point I do it in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I do it if WCS is there but I'm sure a lot of people would. What are your thoughts?

Re: Using Bradley to get Charlotte or Detroit pick
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 08:05:33 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Charlotte would probably do it, they're losing Mo Williams and they really need a guard who can shoot and defend. Bradley is a really good fit for them. The best way to get something to this effect done would be to involve Stephenson and not #16. Charlotte was looking to rid themselves of his deal at the deadline this year. And truth be told, The Stephenson we saw in Indiana is probably the better player nevermind the perfect back-court mate for Smart if he's fully engaged. I for one think he could be the ultimate Stevens reclamation project. If he bought into the culture here, he could be really good again.

So think like .... Bradley and #28 or maybe 33 for Stephenson and #9. That's the kind of deal both sides can live with, and it leaves us 9, 16 and 28. Orlando would consider moving #5 for that package. Maybe the Knicks at 4 would consider it. SAC would probably trade 6 for 9, 28 and Sully. I feel the same about the proposed Jazz trade (Bradley for 12 and Hood). Getting another pick above 16 to combine with 16 would make getting into the top 8 MUCH easier.

Of course, Detroit is a possibility even with just 16. I don't think SVG wants Bradley as much as he would want Olynyk or Sullinger. Probably Olynyk. KO, 16 and 28 would probably be enough to get to where they are at #8. Denver as well at 7, just with James Young instead of KO.

I think they're is a really solid chance of us moving up into good position in this draft without giving up too much.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:07:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Danny would do a deal if he could Porzingis with the pick.  If Porzingis doesn't slide that far, I doubt that he will try to trade up.

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:23:52 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
It's easy to devalue AB from where the Celtics stand.
Try to envision the value of AB for a contender. His 3pts ability and his defense with that kind of contract with the cap rising.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 09:40:35 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
Try to envision the value of AB for a contender. His 3pts ability and his defense with that kind of contract with the cap rising.

True, I mean before this season he was one of my favourites and in fairness he's probably even better now. I just can't stand his long range twos, they kill me  ??? I do think that long term he's a 3rd guard though, so it would be better to pounce on an opportunity to upgrade.

So think like .... Bradley and #28 or maybe 33 for Stephenson and #9. That's the kind of deal both sides can live with, and it leaves us 9, 16 and 28. Orlando would consider moving #5 for that package. Maybe the Knicks at 4 would consider it. SAC would probably trade 6 for 9, 28 and Sully. I feel the same about the proposed Jazz trade (Bradley for 12 and Hood). Getting another pick above 16 to combine with 16 would make getting into the top 8 MUCH easier.

Doing a double move up on draft night would be tricky, and as I said I feel like moving up further would be too costly. Plus I have a feeling teams will sleep on hezonja and that outside the two big men, he will end up the best.

Danny would do a deal if he could Porzingis with the pick.  If Porzingis doesn't slide that far, I doubt that he will try to trade up.

I see Porzingis going to the magic. If he slips that far then I'd take him too!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 09:59:39 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Bradley + #16 for Charlotte's pick + Stephenson could work for both sides.

Charlotte dumps an expensive malcontent and gets a starting guard who can defend and shoot, which they desperately need.

Boston downgrades at shooting guard to move up into the top 10 of the draft.

As for Detroit, it's a harder sell, because they already have KCP, who showed some stuff last year.  Sully or Olynyk plus #16 might get them to budge, though.  That's only worth it if Ainge really likes the guy there at #8, though.

Cauley-Stein might be there at #8, though, and if that's the case, doesn't it make sense to give up Sullinger or Olynyk?  Either of those guys would look good playing next to Drummond for Detroit.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 10:18:22 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Bradley + #16 for Charlotte's pick + Stephenson could work for both sides.

Charlotte dumps an expensive malcontent and gets a starting guard who can defend and shoot, which they desperately need.

Boston downgrades at shooting guard to move up into the top 10 of the draft.

As for Detroit, it's a harder sell, because they already have KCP, who showed some stuff last year.  Sully or Olynyk plus #16 might get them to budge, though.  That's only worth it if Ainge really likes the guy there at #8, though.

Cauley-Stein might be there at #8, though, and if that's the case, doesn't it make sense to give up Sullinger or Olynyk?  Either of those guys would look good playing next to Drummond for Detroit.

Not sure that's enough for Detroit if they plan to try and keep Monroe. If they don't plan on retaining him this summer, then this makes more sense for a stretch 4 besides Drummond. Still, though, they're hurting for a 3-man bad, too, and with their pick they could get a really good wing in Hezonja or S. Johnson. Dekker is probably the only 3 in the 16 range.

Would love to get WCS at 8, though. Every mock I see has Sacramento taking him, but I just don't see it. Cousins is an All-Star at the 5 position. Why try and change that now?

EDIT: Who would you prefer more next to WCS: Sully or KO? KO provides more floor spacing, but Sully is a much better rebounder and interior presence. Honestly, a WCS/Sully pairing could eventually be very similar to the Gasol/ZBO pairing, and a WCS/KO pairing could eventually be very similar to the Chandler/Nowitzki pairing. I think I prefer KO's offensive fluidity and good size next to an offensively limited center in WCS.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:23:46 AM by jpotter33 »

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 10:29:17 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Detroit might consider giving up the pick if we packaged 16 with IT, who just destroyed them this season.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 10:30:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Honestly, at this point I think it's a pick 'em between Sullinger and Olynyk.

On one hand, you have a guy who will probably always be plagued by weight issues, but who can produce fairly well when he's on the court.

On the other hand, you have a guy who does good things for your team simply by being out there because he draws attention as a shooter and he's a smart and skilled passer for his position.  But he's a passive offensive player who lacks the quickness and agility to be more than a mediocre defender, and his rebounding is mediocre as well.

Probably the future at the PF position for the Cs isn't on the team yet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

What you're saying is 100% correct.
The irony is that most contending teams don't have the pick or assets we'd want in return.
Would the Thunder give up #10 for Avery Bradley now that Reggie Jackson is gone?
Cant think of too many other top picks from contending teams.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 10:41:40 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Detroit might consider giving up the pick if we packaged 16 with IT, who just destroyed them this season.

I'm not sure. They basically have an IT in Brandon Jennings.

What about Young. Would you give them Young and 16 for 8 if it meant WCS? That would give them a good prospect at the 2 (KCP), 3 (Young), and 5 (Drummond) to build around. And we all know how much SVG likes shooters around a defensive big.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 12:03:43 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell

What you're saying is 100% correct.
The irony is that most contending teams don't have the pick or assets we'd want in return.
Would the Thunder give up #10 for Avery Bradley now that Reggie Jackson is gone?
Cant think of too many other top picks from contending teams.

Do you mean the heat with #10 or the thunder with #14?  I'm certain the heat would do Bradley for #10 but unless someone slips I don't see the value for us. Those top 9 have more certainty around them in my eyes than the rest if the lottery.

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 12:06:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I doubt it when he has ever taken a foreign player.

I honestly think we have little to offer in the way of assets to move up.   

If we trade Bradley who plays SG?   James "I can't D" Young?  Evan Turner perhaps?   It is too small and MS is not really up to snuff shooting.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 01:47:56 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I am a fan of Avery but I probably would trade him if I could get the 9th pick from Charlotte. I might trade Avery and the 16th pick for Lance and the 9th pick. But I'm not sure how interested in Lance I'd even be. We traded a likely late 1st round pick for Isaiah so Lance should cost less.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 02:02:12 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

True, I mean before this season he was one of my favourites and in fairness he's probably even better now. I just can't stand his long range twos, they kill me  ??? I do think that long term he's a 3rd guard though, so it would be better to pounce on an opportunity to upgrade.
Would the 8th pick be an upgrade?