Poll

Would you trade Sullinger, Bradley and our 16th pick for the Knicks 5th pick

Yes
No
In theory yes, but would tweak the offering slightly

Author Topic: Sullinger, Bradley and 16 for Kincks 4th pick  (Read 3744 times)

Sullinger, Bradley and 16 for Kincks 4th pick
« on: May 20, 2015, 03:05:07 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 86
Wanted to get your take on this.

The knicks are stuck with this 4th pick, they wanted to be placed for a big man, would they reach for Cauley Stein at 4?

I know the Celtics would, but would the Knicks?

If we offered them Bradley, Sulley and our 16th pick, surely they would have to think long and hard about that trade, they need help at every position except SF.

A trade like this could really restart their rebuilding effort.

If Cauley Stein slips to Sacremento he will be gone, taking us out of the Boogie Cousins race and meaning that we lose out on WCS.

Thoughts?

Re: Sullinger, Bradley and 16 for Kincks 4th pick
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 03:55:14 AM »

Offline kiwiceltic

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 16
I'm not sure its enough for the Knicks.

I also don't think the C's have a need to trade up that high. If DA is gonna pick the BPA, that leaves   Russell or Mudiay (WCS is not the 4th best player in this draft class). A guard rotation of either of those two, Smart and IT is basically treading water if the Cs can't get better at SF and C. Add to that trying to replace arguably our best PF in Sully.

A starting 5 of Mudiay/Russell, Smart, ET, KO and Zeller doesn't exactly set the world on fire.

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 04:12:49 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
I'm not sure its enough for the Knicks.

I also don't think the C's have a need to trade up that high. If DA is gonna pick the BPA, that leaves   Russell or Mudiay (WCS is not the 4th best player in this draft class). A guard rotation of either of those two, Smart and IT is basically treading water if the Cs can't get better at SF and C. Add to that trying to replace arguably our best PF in Sully.

A starting 5 of Mudiay/Russell, Smart, ET, KO and Zeller doesn't exactly set the world on fire.

I think that's the spot we would need to move up to to get WCS. I totally agree with you, he's not the 4th best player in the draft. But hes the best fit for the Celtics needs and won't slip past Sacramento.

Im envisaging a starting lineup of

Smart, Thomas, Turner/Crowder, Free Agent PF, WCS thats a solid team.

If we trade Sulley and Bradley it also frees up close to 10m in free agent spend. That shouldn't be overlooked

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 05:10:43 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Sully can be better than WCS if he get in shape.
I'm not that high on WCS. He doesn't look like a strong mentality type of guy. And he has to prove he can be good in the offense event.
So, no for me.

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 05:19:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Knicks say no

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 06:36:59 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
Sully can be better than WCS if he get in shape.
I'm not that high on WCS. He doesn't look like a strong mentality type of guy. And he has to prove he can be good in the offense event.
So, no for me.

Sulley will never have the foot speed or length to be the shot blocker that WCS is.

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 06:41:30 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
Knicks say no

I don't see why they would say no. Their choices are Winslow if he's not gone to Philly, Russell or Mundiay.

Bradley and Sulley are two NBA quality ready made starters earning under 10 million combined and the 16th pick is pretty valuable, you could essentially get 3 starters for a pick that figures to be a talented 3 year project.

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 07:02:35 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Knicks say no

Knicks don't say no.

They likely start laughing before they can form an actual word.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 07:04:42 AM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Wanted to get your take on this.

The knicks are stuck with this 4th pick, they wanted to be placed for a big man, would they reach for Cauley Stein at 4?

I know the Celtics would, but would the Knicks?

If we offered them Bradley, Sulley and our 16th pick, surely they would have to think long and hard about that trade, they need help at every position except SF.

A trade like this could really restart their rebuilding effort.

If Cauley Stein slips to Sacremento he will be gone, taking us out of the Boogie Cousins race and meaning that we lose out on WCS.

Thoughts?
  This is one of those quantity for quality trade offers that Phil Jackson would never accept.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 07:15:34 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Knicks say no

Knicks don't say no.

They likely start laughing before they can form an actual word.

Then they block the Celtics number from ever calling them again, awful trade for the Knicks
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 07:52:15 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
I'd rather take a huge risk and draft Upshaw at #16 than trading that much talent to the Knicks just to draft WCS at #4..
Willy is a good defensive player, but I think that Sully has the potential to be a better player overall if he just puts his head into it and loses weight.
This idea gets a huge NO from me ::)
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 08:05:31 AM »

Offline Rida

• Jayson Tatum
I'd rather take a huge risk and draft Upshaw at #16 than trading that much talent to the Knicks just to draft WCS at #4..
Willy is a good defensive player, but I think that Sully has the potential to be a better player overall if he just puts his head into it and loses weight.

I don't get this notion that Sulley can suddenly become this athletic specimen who can become a better player than WCS especially on the defensive end.

I'm not debating that Sulley can improve, but only at the offensive end, hes never going to be an elite rim protector.

He can't gain longer arms, 10 inches on his vertical and gain footspeed.

We need a rim protector and should be doing everything we can to find one.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 08:59:30 AM by Rida »

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 08:06:14 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Jackson loves Russell, and will figure out how to get him with the 4th pick.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 08:16:13 AM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I don't get this notion that Sulley can suddenly become this athletic specimen who can become a better player than WCS especially on the defensive end.

I'm not debating that Sulley can improve, but only at the offensive end, hes never going to be an elite protecter.

He can't gain longer arms, 10 inches on his vertical and gain footspeed.

We need a rim protector and should be doing everything we can to find one.

We know what we have in Sully, and we know what to expect from him (good and bad).
As for WCS, we know he can defend in college, that's all.
So, throwing AB to the mix + #16 is way too much. Not to mention, I don't see why NY would like this idea. Bad trade for both.
I'd rather take my chance on Upshaw and keep our 2 young players.

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2015, 09:37:56 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Interesting...The Knicks have a major scorer in Mello at SF/PF that is aging, they don't have time on there side to make an impact. They need to get better, and fast. They most likely will sign a another major FA this summer too.
They need more decent talent to surround their major players for sure. Can Danny convince Jackson that adding Sully and AB to their cast of players, plus the 16th. pick, will do the trick. 

You may have to sweeten the deal, (which I wouldn't do) but there is a possibility.