Poll

Would you trade Sullinger, Bradley and our 16th pick for the Knicks 5th pick

Yes
No
In theory yes, but would tweak the offering slightly

Author Topic: Sullinger, Bradley and 16 for Kincks 4th pick  (Read 3736 times)

Re: Sullinger, Bradley and 16 for Kincks 4th pick
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 09:39:07 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Knicks say no

Knicks don't say no.

They likely start laughing before they can form an actual word.

Then they block the Celtics number from ever calling them again, awful trade for the Knicks

Going by this criteria, it seems almost certain that NY does it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 09:41:32 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Knicks say no

Knicks don't say no.

They likely start laughing before they can form an actual word.

Then they block the Celtics number from ever calling them again, awful trade for the Knicks

Going by this criteria, it seems almost certain that NY does it.

Billy King would say yes

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 10:00:58 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'd rather take a huge risk and draft Upshaw at #16 than trading that much talent to the Knicks just to draft WCS at #4..
Willy is a good defensive player, but I think that Sully has the potential to be a better player overall if he just puts his head into it and loses weight.
This idea gets a huge NO from me ::)

I don't get this notion that Sulley can suddenly become this athletic specimen who can become a better player than WCS especially on the defensive end.

I'm not debating that Sulley can improve, but only at the offensive end, hes never going to be an elite protecter.

He can't gain longer arms, 10 inches on his vertical and gain footspeed.

We need a rim protector and should be doing everything we can to find one.

We know what we have in Sully, and we know what to expect from him (good and bad).
As for WCS, we know he can defend in college, that's all.
So, throwing AB to the mix + #16 is way too much. Not to mention, I don't see why NY would like this idea. Bad trade for both.
I'd rather take my chance on Upshaw and keep our 2 young players.

TP - I agree with the bolded statement. It's not that Sully, AB, and our #16 are so amazing that we should be able to get into the top 5, it's just that it seems like a risk to trade all of that for a chance of getting a really good player. After Towns/Okafor/Russell, the board seems wide open - #4 is really no different than #8 to me.

As for the Knicks, if they traded away a future superstar for a couple of decent players/picks from the Cs, they would never hear the end of it.

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 10:02:18 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Interesting...The Knicks have a major scorer in Mello at SF/PF that is aging, they don't have time on there side to make an impact. They need to get better, and fast. They most likely will sign a another major FA this summer too.
They need more decent talent to surround their major players for sure. Can Danny convince Jackson that adding Sully and AB to their cast of players, plus the 16th. pick, will do the trick. 

You may have to sweeten the deal, (which I wouldn't do) but there is a possibility.
Melo had his chance to go to Chicago and compete for championships, chose the money and to increase his brand and whatnot.
Hopefully they do feel under the gun to make panic moves for Melo's window, more likely to make bad decisions that way, can you envision Melo doing a Paul Pierce and sacrificing  his stats for the betterment of the team?
Jackson in my opinion should explore trading him,Get him to wave his no trade clause. Pick the best prospect available at 4 and trying to sign some of the younger free agents and play the long game, heck the Knicks have tried the quick fix enough over the last 15 years, what is the rush?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 10:07:46 AM by GC003332 »

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The Knicks aren't trading that pick for anything less than a second star to put next to Melo.

A couple of youngish role players won't cut it, no matter how many mid-1st rounders you add to it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 11:45:50 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
This has zero chance of happening, I honestly do not think we have the assets or a player to move up to 4.

IT is our best player perhaps he and the 16 but even then I do not think NYC would do it.

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 11:50:44 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Interesting...The Knicks have a major scorer in Mello at SF/PF that is aging, they don't have time on there side to make an impact. They need to get better, and fast. They most likely will sign a another major FA this summer too.
They need more decent talent to surround their major players for sure. Can Danny convince Jackson that adding Sully and AB to their cast of players, plus the 16th. pick, will do the trick. 

You may have to sweeten the deal, (which I wouldn't do) but there is a possibility.
Melo had his chance to go to Chicago and compete for championships, chose the money and to increase his brand and whatnot.
Hopefully they do feel under the gun to make panic moves for Melo's window, more likely to make bad decisions that way, can you envision Melo doing a Paul Pierce and sacrificing  his stats for the betterment of the team?
Jackson in my opinion should explore trading him,Get him to wave his no trade clause. Pick the best prospect available at 4 and trying to sign some of the younger free agents and play the long game, heck the Knicks have tried the quick fix enough over the last 15 years, what is the rush?

The rush is NY fans. They're entitled as hell, but management always folds under pressure and makes dumb moves.

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 11:52:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Knicks fans are entitled to what, bad basketball and Spike Lee photo ops?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 12:57:59 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33