Author Topic: Getting the 4th Pick  (Read 12256 times)

Re: Getting the 4th Pick
« Reply #60 on: May 20, 2015, 05:54:11 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Phil Jackson sure has set himself up nicely for some low-ball offers here. 

If I was Ainge, I'd wouldn't even call the Knicks until right around the draft.  Let him field a bunch of terrible offers from everyone else, come to the realization that he has no choice but to rebuild.

Then, you swoop in with the Godfather offer for Carmelo.  With our assets, we can 3-way with anyone willing to play ball I reckon.  Here's one that might tickle Phil's fancy--

Denver gets:  Bass, Olynyk, 2015 LAC 1st, 2015 Phil 2nd

Knicks get:  Faried, AB, Sully, Young, Wallace, 2015 Bos 1st, 2016 Bkl 1st, 2016 Min 1st, & 2016 Phil 2nd

C's get:  Anthony & Calderon

This way, the Knicks can keep the #4 pick and get several solid young players to fill out their roster with.  They also gain two firsts in the 2016 and an early 2nd -- which they'll require for a rebuild route (as they don't have their own next year).  We'd also get them out from under Calderon's 3 year $21m deal.  Obviously for Phil, his first option is to bring in some vets and compete with Carmelo.  But should that option fall through, he'd be hard pressed to find a better Option #2. 

I think Denver does this deal to get Olynyk plus some picks for a guy who has proven a misfit for their team.

For the Celts, its a home run.  Keep both IT and Smart, Add Carmelo.  Bring back Crowder, another big to share time with Zeller -- and watch out eastern conference... 

Pipe dream?

« Reply #61 on: May 20, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I got to Page 3 and quite.

IT would be a person the Knicks want. We would not need to trade the boat for it. But the 4th pick is not proven...period, and it is not exactly going to field a great player. personally Id rather keep the core of James Young Smart and the picks. Sure if IT and Avery and Sully do it then fine. Those three players would actually help NY because they are cheap and NY can spend more on FA's.

« Reply #62 on: May 20, 2015, 06:14:28 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Id rather take my chances with Upshaw at #16, and trade Avery+ or- others for Myles Turner.

« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I honestly don't think it's worth it. There's no one I'd want at 4 who won't be there at 8 or 9. I have a feeling that most GMs will share this sentiment, unless some are very high on Mudiay.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Woj tweeted: At No. 4, expect that the Knicks draft pick will be very available in trade talks.

So what will it take to get that pick?

Bos 2015, LAC 2015, Bradley, KO, and 2016 BRK is that enough? Too much?

I think his point was that NYK wants to accelerate rebuild, so is looking to trade that pick for a legitimate starting talent.  No way they trade for more draft picks.

« Reply #65 on: May 20, 2015, 07:22:36 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I think they lucked out getting that pick, because then they'd have to take whichever of Russell or Mudiay is left and they'd both be perfect for that team.....so of course they'd trade it.  I'd love either of those guys and I'd trade Bradley + Sullinger + 16 and a future first for that pick in a heartbeat.  Mudiay and Smart as a backcourt would be so fun