Author Topic: Getting the 4th Pick  (Read 12255 times)

Re: Getting the 4th Pick
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2015, 09:51:28 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
I'd trade Rondo. Oh wait..

They have his Trade Exception.  ;D

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2015, 09:58:25 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
#4 will make a nice centerpiece for a cousins trade.  Knicks will be fine.

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2015, 09:58:56 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Woj tweeted: At No. 4, expect that the Knicks draft pick will be very available in trade talks.

So what will it take to get that pick?

Bos 2015, LAC 2015, Bradley, KO, and 2016 BRK is that enough? Too much?

Not enough

What else do they want Kevin Durant. Two unprotected Brooklyn picks should be enough.

They want a proven player to make them more competitive immediately, the Celtics don't have that single player they could trade for the number 4 pick.  The Knicks are not interested in draft picks IMO.

I think that's true.  Ainge is waiting for someone who wants to blow it up and rebuild.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2015, 10:01:17 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
#4 will make a nice centerpiece for a cousins trade.  Knicks will be fine.

It's hard to underestimate the stupidity of the Kings, but Cousins for the #4 and the utter garbage that is all the Knicks have to offer would be one of the worst trades of all time.

Mike

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2015, 10:28:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Woj tweeted: At No. 4, expect that the Knicks draft pick will be very available in trade talks.

Not enough

Knicks will certainly entertain that offer. But likely for 2015 16, 33rd , 2015 clippers 1st and Sullinger

They have a very empty roster, they need to add bodies.

They were looking at Towns, Okafor or Russell. Mudiay is not someone that is their 1st choice. Not a very good shooter .  Worse case they take Winslow but that is not their immediate need.   WCS is not talented offensively.   Pozingis is a project

So if the trade is agreed upon Danny will then draft WCS with the 4th

Celtics lineup after trade
WCS
KO
Turner
AB
Smart

Zeller
Mickey or Mccullough (28th pick).
Crowder
Young
IT
Richaun Holmes (45th pick)

Knicks
16th pick - Payne
33rd pick - Christmas

FA pickups

Lineup
Christmas
Sullinger
Melo
Hardaway jr.
Payne

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2015, 10:30:28 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
if Danny traded up to 4 just to take WCS I'd be a bit irked that he overpaid to reach for a defense-only center

if he got that high in the draft, he better have plans to drop back a bit to get WCS AND pick up some other assets

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 10:37:21 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
if Danny traded up to 4 just to take WCS I'd be a bit irked that he overpaid to reach for a defense-only center

if he got that high in the draft, he better have plans to drop back a bit to get WCS AND pick up some other assets

It's the medicine the team needs right now. 

WCS is considered the third best center and prob best defensive center in the draft

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 10:40:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
who would you take with the 4???

Assuming it goes Towns, Okafor, Russell, then I would take Porzingis, who would you take?  I don't see the Celtics as being a good trading partner for the Knicks though.

I would take Winslow.

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
who would you take with the 4???

Assuming it goes Towns, Okafor, Russell, then I would take Porzingis, who would you take?  I don't see the Celtics as being a good trading partner for the Knicks though.

I would take Winslow.

true, possibly Winslow

Maybe a trade of 2015 16, 33 2015 clippers 1st, SUllinger, Turner for the 4th will do. Take Winslow then

With 28th take Mickey

Zeller
KO
Winslow
AB
Smart

Mickey
Jerebko
Crowder
Young
IT

Richaun Holmes

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
So, is it too soon to declaim the Knicks tanking effort this past season as an abject failure?

They sold off whatever few assets they had for second round picks and cap space, and trotted out an absolutely awful lineup, racking up 65 losses in the franchise's worst season EVER -- and they end up with the 4th pick in a two-horse draft.

They do not own their own 1st round pick for next year, BTW.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2015, 10:59:12 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Not enough

Knicks will certainly entertain that offer. But likely for 2015 16, 33rd , 2015 clippers 1st and Sullinger

They were looking at Towns, Okafor or Russell. Mudiay is not someone that is their 1st choice. Not a very good shooter .  Worse case they take Winslow but that is not their immediate need.   WCS is not talented offensively.   Pozingis is a project

WCS
KO
Turner
AB
Smart

Zeller
Crowder
Young
IT

Knicks
16th pick - Payne
33rd pick - Christmas

FA pickups

Lineup
Christmas
Sullinger
Melo
Hardaway jr.
Payne
The Knicks have an empty lineup because they want all that cap space to acquire free agents.  At a minimum, I expect them to pick up Monroe in free agency.  I can't see Jackson trading the #4 pick for your proposed offer.  He's going to want good established players not a few lousy picks and Sully.  The Knicks aren't going anywhere with your proposed lineup.  If we do manage to get the #4 pick, I would be quite disappointed if we selected WCS.  I think he has very limited upside and should go around #10 in this draft.   

« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2015, 11:03:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I don't think we should get this pick even if we can.  Proposals here are ridiculous how much we are giving up.  I don't think it is worth is after the top three.

« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2015, 11:04:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Not enough

WCS
KO
Turner
AB
Smart

Zeller
Crowder
Young
IT

Knicks
16th pick - Payne
33rd pick - Christmas

FA pickups

Lineup
Christmas
Sullinger
Melo
Hardaway jr.
Payne
The Knicks have an empty lineup because they want all that cap space to acquire free agents.  At a minimum, I expect them to pick up Monroe in free agency.  I can't see Jackson trading the #4 pick for your proposed offer.  He's going to want good established players not a few lousy picks and Sully.  The Knicks aren't going anywhere with your proposed lineup.  If we do manage to get the #4 pick, I would be quite disappointed if we selected WCS.  I think he has very limited upside and should go around #10 in this draft.

Yeah It'll take one (or maybe two of the brooklyn picks) PLUS two (or all) of this years Celtics draft picks plus any one of the Celtics players.

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2015, 11:05:13 PM »

Offline JMRJAYDIGGLES

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 0
If they want to trad #4 pick they want a game changer to play for them now.  That would be at minimum the best player on our team plus future picks.  At least one or two IT, Sulley, Smart, Bradley etc.... Knicks want to win now with Melo on the books..

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2015, 11:08:44 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
So, is it too soon to declaim the Knicks tanking effort this past season as an abject failure?

They sold off whatever few assets they had for second round picks and cap space, and trotted out an absolutely awful lineup, racking up 65 losses in the franchise's worst season EVER -- and they end up with the 4th pick in a two-horse draft.

They do not own their own 1st round pick for next year, BTW.
This is hardly a two horse draft.  The cap space the Knicks freed up is to sign free agents this off season.