Author Topic: Chris Mcullough and Jordan Mickey with the 28 and 33 picks  (Read 8287 times)

Re: Chris Mcullough and Jordan Mickey with the 28 and 33 picks
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2015, 09:19:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I just watched his draft express video and I think he would be a good pick at 28. He has long arms, and can really jump, if he is molded correctly he could be a rim protector who can also switch onto 3's and guards in a switch. On offense he will be a god roll man in the pick and roll, if he tries to be more (at least initially) it will get ugly.

The weaknesses listed in his video have to do with two things, youth and poor coaching. He simply isn't ready now, but his potential is off the charts defensively and with NBA spacing his athleticism will shine. A lot of the mistakes he makes are things that can be coached out. I have faith he can correct the hitch in his shot, improve his selection and give us quality minutes when he is ready.

Who are you talking about?
Jordan Mickey

I agree. Mickey plays bigger than his height due to his wingspan and explosiveness off the ground.   And he is 240 already and could be a tough guy to play against at 255. He plays with aggression also which is good to see

He has a good looking jump shot , just needs minor tweaking and repeating.  Like he said, he had to play out of position at center last season.  He couldn't be out at the perimeter as much.  With better players he will learn to give up/pass the ball and not crash into 3 guys (another weakness).

With a good showing 5 on 5 at the NBA combine games  and individual workouts I don't think he will be available at 28.  And at 16 he seems like a bit of a reach.   I hope one way or another we get Mickey