Author Topic: Sell the farm for Justise Winslow  (Read 5060 times)

Sell the farm for Justise Winslow
« on: May 19, 2015, 01:20:36 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Draft night, I think the biggest splash we could make would be to move up and snatch Winslow. The man is an absolute beast, he's NBA-ready, and has comps of Harden/Chandler Wilson hybrid. 6'6", 6'10" wingspan, physical anomaly at 225 lbs, versatile offensively (41% from 3?!), very solid defender, great feel for game, plays with passion, and does all the little things. He would solve our glaring hole at the 3 for a very long time, and possibly in all-star fashion. I think he will be the steal of this draft and if I were Ainge I'd do everything in my power to get him.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 01:06:23 PM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Sell the farm for Justise Winslow
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 04:42:09 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Tomorrow night, I think the biggest splash we could make would be to move up and snatch Winslow. The man is an absolute beast, he's NBA-ready, and has comps of Harden/Chandler Wilson hybrid. 6'6", 6'10" wingspan, physical anomaly at 225 lbs, versatile offensively (41% from 3?!), very solid defender, great feel for game, plays with passion, and does all the little things. He would solve our glaring hole at the 3 for a very long time, and possibly in all-star fashion. I think he will be the steal of this draft and if I were Ainge I'd do everything in my power to get him.

Have you considered just how much it would take for Danny to trade there? What, Smart and how many firsts--if a ping pong ball winner is willing to move?

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 08:32:41 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
ugh. 

no draft pick, short of the second-coming of Lebron, is worth trading the farm for.

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 08:46:03 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
i just dont see how the celtics have the assets to convince a top-6-lotto team to make the trade. right now the celtics, outside of smart, have some very nice players but no stars. the draft picks are either middle range, late lottery, or uncertain as to where they will be. none of this would make another GM reach for a towel to mop up his drool.

and god forbid that ainge go all in for winslow and winslow turn out to be the second coming of evan turner or that ilk.

i doubt this would happen, but i see your point on wanting to move up and grab a star. unfortunately for the celtics, so do other GMs.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2015, 08:52:52 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I'm an advocate of this, but wouldn't give up Bradley or Smart to do it. Any other assets, yes. It's not that I wouldn't trade either of those two for other opportunities. But Winslow is one of the best defenders at his age I've ever seen. Have we ever seen a non-big dominate an NCAA tourney defensively like that? Combining him with Smart and Bradley gives you the best backcourt/wing defense in the league, by far, for almost a decade. They cover the positions that dominate the league. And all three are two way players that must be guarded out to the three point line. Even better if we can somehow keep Crowder to fill in from the bench.

That is the basis for a great team, and you haven't committed ANY max dollars. They take up almost no cap space for several years. So yes, sell "most" of the farm for justise Winslow.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2015, 09:07:47 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
I've been saying this since forever

Winslow needs to be a Celtic. Keep Smart. Everyone else is a tool to get Justise.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Why tomorrow night? Why not wait for draft night?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 09:36:32 AM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
Everyone else is a tool to get Justise.
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Why tomorrow night? Why not wait for draft night?

Good catch, typo.

Do others, I agree it is very unlikely to happen, just wish it could.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 01:13:44 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
I'm an advocate of this, but wouldn't give up Bradley or Smart to do it. Any other assets, yes. It's not that I wouldn't trade either of those two for other opportunities. But Winslow is one of the best defenders at his age I've ever seen. Have we ever seen a non-big dominate an NCAA tourney defensively like that? Combining him with Smart and Bradley gives you the best backcourt/wing defense in the league, by far, for almost a decade. They cover the positions that dominate the league. And all three are two way players that must be guarded out to the three point line. Even better if we can somehow keep Crowder to fill in from the bench.

That is the basis for a great team, and you haven't committed ANY max dollars. They take up almost no cap space for several years. So yes, sell "most" of the farm for justise Winslow.

This post got me as excited as I was when I started the topic. Agree wholeheartedly, and drool at the thought of keeping Crowder to fill in off the bench. At times they could be on the floor together even, as I see no reason, with his size and strength, that Winslow can't guard multiple positions in the league.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 01:15:29 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson

This post got me as excited as I was when I started the topic. Keeping Crowder would be amazing, and given Winslows size, strength, and athleticism I could see them playing some mins on the court together. TP.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 01:24:12 PM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Love to see Winslow in green.

I definitively see Ainge trying to cash in with all of his assets he has. Last year we expected fireworks for the draft, but Ainge stayed put and just drafted the best player available. This year with the picks being so late, I think he'll do everything possible to move up. Might not be able to move up for Winslow but I see him moving into the top ten with some kind of trade.

That being said, I see that Brooklyn pick next year becoming our best asset. Hold on to that one Danny.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 01:34:48 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 01:52:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I do not agree on selling the farm for any lotto pick because they are unproven both on the court and with health issues.

Instead of selling the farm for Winslow, I'd look into adding Justin Anderson in the 20's for a VALUE pick. They match up identically....except Anderson is not wearing 2 inch shoes.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justise-Winslow-7190/

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Justin-Anderson-5676/

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 01:57:26 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
i just dont see how the celtics have the assets to convince a top-6-lotto team to make the trade. right now the celtics, outside of smart, have some very nice players but no stars. the draft picks are either middle range, late lottery, or uncertain as to where they will be. none of this would make another GM reach for a towel to mop up his drool.

and god forbid that ainge go all in for winslow and winslow turn out to be the second coming of evan turner or that ilk.

i doubt this would happen, but i see your point on wanting to move up and grab a star. unfortunately for the celtics, so do other GMs.  :P
I think IT is more valuable than people give him credit for. He's making 6m a year for the next 3 years(maybe 4). You add his contract value and his on court value and you have it.