0 (0%)
Jazz
1 (1.4%)
Suns
0 (0%)
Thunder
2 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author Topic: The 5/19/2015 draft lottery  (Read 37988 times)

Re: The 5/19/2015 draft lottery
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2015, 09:45:06 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Phil Jackson be like -

Ahaha ;D.

« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2015, 09:48:16 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2417
Russell and Melo would be an exciting pair. I'd like to see that happen for New York.

Add some free agents who can boost their defense & rebounding and they could be onto something good next season.

« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2015, 09:49:02 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I don't regret we made the playoffs, but I don't understand people who are so anti-draft saying things like "it's a crapshoot" and all that. To an extent yes, because you don't always get superstars/all stars. Not every player turns out to be an MVP candidate. But high draft picks do give rebuilds a shot in the arm, whether as a player or as a trade chip.

I don't think any GM is drooling over KO or Sully, but Marcus Smart is the brightest spot on our roster and he's the product of a high draft pick. The Lakers, whom everyone had written off, is suddenly looking like they have a future with Randle and Okafor (most likely).

Thank you for saying that, TP.

« Reply #183 on: May 19, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I don't regret we made the playoffs, but I don't understand people who are so anti-draft saying things like "it's a crapshoot" and all that. To an extent yes, because you don't always get superstars/all stars. Not every player turns out to be an MVP candidate. But high draft picks do give rebuilds a shot in the arm, whether as a player or as a trade chip.

I don't think any GM is drooling over KO or Sully, but Marcus Smart is the brightest spot on our roster and he's the product of a high draft pick. The Lakers, whom everyone had written off, is suddenly looking like they have a future with Randle and Okafor (most likely).

Thank you for saying that, TP.
I think it a reactionary thing, like when you have the mega tankers people feel the need to hit the opposite end of the spectrum so that it averages out to be like a reasonable statement.

I mean I saw someone post today that making the playoffs this year was the worst thing to happen to the Celtics in their entire history. Really?
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2015, 09:54:24 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Let's all be clear about something.  Unless they spend a lot of money and convince two or more top free agents to come aboard, the Knicks, Lakers, Sixers and Wolves will all suck again next year.  The Wolves might be the best of the bunch but that's because they were bad this year mostly due to injuries and blatant tanking at the end of the season.

Okafor and Randle might be a nice core for LA but it's going to be 3 or 4 years from now and after Kobe is gone.

Mike

« Reply #185 on: May 19, 2015, 09:54:48 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Russell and Melo would be an exciting pair. I'd like to see that happen for New York.

Add some free agents who can boost their defense & rebounding and they could be onto something good next season.
It would nice if they jumped over the Nets. Same with the Lakers, Wolves, and Sixers. This draft lottery order could end up being a good thing for the Celts.

« Reply #186 on: May 19, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395

I think a lot of the more extreme sentiment on both sides is reactive and compounded, which makes for some alternating 'TEAMS WILL NEVER BE GOOD UNLESS THEY LOSE EVERY GAME OVER THE NEXT SEVEN YEARS' and 'THE DRAFT IS TOTAL ANARCHY' posts.

You're most likely right. But I just seem to see the word "crapshoot" a whole lot, for some reason lol

- LilRip

« Reply #187 on: May 19, 2015, 09:58:51 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
Let's all be clear about something.  Unless they spend a lot of money and convince two or more top free agents to come aboard, the Knicks, Lakers, Sixers and Wolves will all suck again next year.  The Wolves might be the best of the bunch but that's because they were bad this year mostly due to injuries and blatant tanking at the end of the season.

Okafor and Randle might be a nice core for LA but it's going to be 3 or 4 years from now and after Kobe is gone.

Mike
The Knicks should be better. I can't see them shutting down melo again. The Wolves will be much better with Wiggins going into his second year and them possibly having healthy players around. The Lakers will have Randle back and may trade that second pick for Cousins. The Sixers I'm not sure about. I think they won't blatantly tank again but they need a lot more.

« Reply #188 on: May 19, 2015, 09:59:20 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

There were takers for Olynyk and Sullinger. At the same time the Pro tanking crowd keep saying that the Celtics are mediocre, they don't have a future! That can get annoying after a while.

« Reply #189 on: May 19, 2015, 10:10:16 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike
The Knicks should be better. I can't see them shutting down melo again. The Wolves will be much better with Wiggins going into his second year and them possibly having healthy players around. The Lakers will have Randle back and may trade that second pick for Cousins. The Sixers I'm not sure about. I think they won't blatantly tank again but they need a lot more.

The Knicks were bad with Melo.

And the Cavs won 35 games with rookie LeBron.  Are any of these guys going to be better rookies than LeBron?

Mike

« Reply #190 on: May 19, 2015, 10:13:07 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

There were takers for Olynyk and Sullinger. At the same time the Pro tanking crowd keep saying that the Celtics are mediocre, they don't have a future! That can get annoying after a while.
But we are mediocre. And a top 9 draft pick could have helped us land someone like WCS or Stanley Johnson. Why does the truth get you upset? We would be sitting a lot better with that ninth pick right now.

« Reply #191 on: May 19, 2015, 10:15:07 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

Mike

And the Cavs won 35 games with rookie LeBron.  Are any of these guys going to be better rookies than LeBron?

Mike
If those teams can win 35 games and the Nets drop to 32, I'll be just fine with that.

« Reply #192 on: May 19, 2015, 10:23:17 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

But we are mediocre. And a top 9 draft pick could have helped us land someone like WCS or Stanley Johnson. Why does the truth get you upset? We would be sitting a lot better with that ninth pick right now.

The truth is that the Celtics went from lottery team to an eighth seeded team. To many people that's a young rising team. Mediocrity is where you have no draft picks and limited flexibility because you overpaid bad players.

« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2015, 10:32:44 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555

Mike

Mike
I expect the Knicks to pickup Monroe and another good free agent.  If they can trade the #4 pick for another good starter, they should be in much better shape next year. 

« Reply #194 on: May 19, 2015, 10:33:09 PM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

Woj just tweeted that the Knicks pick will be available .

can we tag this as a preemptive response for any trade proposal regarding Demarcus Cousins?
Greg