Author Topic: Paul & Griffin: OVER RATED  (Read 7316 times)

Paul & Griffin: OVER RATED
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:29:41 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Has either Chris Paul or Blake Griffin EVER been to the conference finals???

One of the greatest CHOKE JOBS in modern NBA playoff HISTORY!!!

Also, the FACT that Paul has been 1st team All-NBA Defense the last three years makes me SICK!!!  Yes, he has quick hands and gets deflections and steals, but he simply is NOT a great perimeter lock-up defender!!!!

Smitty77

Re: Paul & Griffin: OVER RATED
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 06:31:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It still puzzles me that the Clippers rushed to sign Spencer Hawes, instead of going after Paul Pierce.

I don't really blame the stars so much as I do everyone else on the team.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:32:39 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
It'll be interesting to see what Doc does this summer. If he keeps DJ he has virtually no way of improving his team next year, and Paul and Crawford aren't getting any younger. He has too many max-level type players with not enough supporting cast around them.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 06:33:35 PM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
I don't think those 2 are overrated at all. Doc has done a poor job building that team. No bench really. The starting 5 did a pretty darn good job this series.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 06:35:56 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
It still puzzles me that the Clippers rushed to sign Spencer Hawes, instead of going after Paul Pierce.

its all on Doc Rivers. He traded away Eric Bledsoe for JJ Redick and Jared Dudley. And then sign Spencer Hawes over  Pierce.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 06:36:56 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
The only way Chris Paul deserves blame is for allowing Game 6 to unfold as it did. That said, claiming that CP3 is overrated and citing this series as proof pretty much reveals that you weren't paying attention to this series.

Blake deserves a huge amount of blame for shrinking in fourth quarters over and over and over again. That said, that happened because he was exhausted. That doesn't excuse his Game 7 performance, since he was largely invisible, despite putting up numbers.

DeAndre deserves a TON of blame for being a godawful free throw shooter.

The role players deserve a ton of blame for being absolute trash in the last three closeout games.

But the person most responsible? Doc Rivers. He's not only the architect of this team, but the Game 6 meltdown occurred under his watch.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 06:39:15 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Does ANYONE think that Paul deserves to have made either the first of second team All-NBA Defensive Team in 6 of the last 7 years???

Come on, this is RIDICULOUS!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 06:46:34 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
It is not enough to have a big 3, without a bench you are nothing in the long run.
I'm glad Houston pull up this series, great upset for LA.
It makes my day, I was tired of those same plays over an over with Paul & Griffin.
The western finals should be entertaining at least.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I just think the core of the team lacks the mental toughness and intangibles for me to think they are credible title contenders.  I wouldn't be enthusiastic about any of these guys becoming a Celtic.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Does ANYONE think that Paul deserves to have made either the first of second team All-NBA Defensive Team in 6 of the last 7 years???

Smitty77

Yeah, because he's a great defender.

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 06:53:44 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

its all on Doc Rivers. He traded away Eric Bledsoe for JJ Redick and Jared Dudley. And then sign Spencer Hawes over  Pierce.

That was actually a good trade for them in terms of fit. He messed up in what he did with Dudley. He included a 2nd rd pick in trade to acquire him and then gave up a 2017 1st rd pick just to trade him away. Dudley would've been an upgrade over Barnes and then they could've used the said 1st rd pick to acquire another player (Brandon Wright for example) before the deadline.

Paul played great and played his heart out until the end. Yes, he deserves to be all NBA defense. The guy is an excellent defender.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 06:54:21 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Do you TRULY believe that??  How does he compare to players such as Tony Allen (still), Paul George (when healthy), Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, or EVEN our own Bradley or Smart???????

He is NOT a great lock-up perimeter defender and he has PROVEN to be a CHOKE in the playoffs.  We have years of history to back that statement up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 06:55:07 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Paul might be over rated

But ...NEVER

Over HATED.

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 06:59:01 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

That was actually a good trade for them in terms of fit. He messed up in what he did with Dudley. He included a 2nd rd pick in trade to acquire him and then gave up a 2017 1st rd pick just to trade him away. Dudley would've been an upgrade over Barnes and then they could've used the said 1st rd pick to acquire another player (Brandon Wright for example) before the deadline.

Paul played great and played his heart out to the end. Yes, he deserves to be all NBA defense. The guy is an excellent defender.

Paul is quietly a dirty little defender that simply gets away with MURDER!!!  He fouled Harden before Harden crossed half court at least 7 times just in the last 4 minutes with NOT ONE FREAKING CALL.  ANY OTHER player would have been whistled on at least half of those.  It is VERY EASY to look like an "excellent defender" when you can FOUL and NOT get called for FOULING!!!!!  Almost any guard can shoot right over the midget Paul who has a rather limited vertical leap.  To call his a leap is a disservice to wording and shows the limits of our English language!!!

Smitty77

P.S. Go back and watch the STAR of the NBA purposely racking Julius Hodge in the ACC Tourney years ago and just did it again this year!!!

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/4/1/8329251/clippers-blazers-fight-chris-paul-big-baby-flop

Pure class!!!!!!!!!!!!!  NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New link to the clearly PURPOSELY grabbing of Kaman's groin!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyzgQONsMik

More on Paul's history of shots below the belt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GuIwgCUQVo

« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 07:09:51 PM by Smitty77 »

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62

Smitty77

Do you TRULY believe that??  How does he compare to players such as Tony Allen (still), Paul George (when healthy), Kawhi Leonard, Jimmy Butler, or EVEN our own Bradley or Smart???????

He is NOT a great lock-up perimeter defender and he has PROVEN to be a CHOKE in the playoffs.  We have years of history to back that statement up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smitty77

The all defensive team awards aren't based on post season play , so his lack of team success doesn't factor into the voting.
Tony Allen has been selected 3 times in prior seasons, George,Leonard would get selected as forwards in the voting, he has only got to beat out other better back court defenders to get voted in.
 ;)

Most of those awards go to known commodities , you have got to build up a body of work over years to get the respect league wide to get voted in ahead of established guys.