Author Topic: trade bradley and sullinger  (Read 2450 times)

trade bradley and sullinger
« on: May 17, 2015, 06:07:48 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
if there is any chance we can pick 1 or 2 good free agents ( matthews and aldridge) i would try to move sully and bradley.. bradley for indys pick and sully for hawks pick straight up are fair return for us.. pacers get a defensive sg next to george and hawks may lose milsap so sully is great for them.. if you have 11 15 16 and 28 at this draft you can use 2 of them to move way up..

Re: trade bradley and sullinger
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 07:26:06 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I highly doubt we have a chance of getting Aldridge and Matthews, but if we do, we need guys that are ready to play and contribute right away. Not more 19 and 20 year old rookies.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
if there is any chance we can pick 1 or 2 good free agents ( matthews and aldridge) i would try to move sully and bradley.. bradley for indys pick and sully for hawks pick straight up are fair return for us.. pacers get a defensive sg next to george and hawks may lose milsap so sully is great for them.. if you have 11 15 16 and 28 at this draft you can use 2 of them to move way up..
I think that's exactly what I've been saying. But we do not need LA and Mathews yet......we need one more year to develop our players and draft again.

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 08:44:17 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I think that's exactly what I've been saying. But we do not need LA and Mathews yet......we need one more year to develop our players and draft again.

This is my thinking too......glade to see I'm not alone.......at least one more year of settling the coach in , with a group closer to being his core going forward .   After all just finally dumped Rondo and Green. 

Rebuilding a NBA team , unless your the Lakers , can take a while,    A few years at best for even the Celtics.

I be always said 2017 will be the break out for the Celtics.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 11:38:57 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
getting matthews and aldridge u become much better... with giving up nothing.... and u will get back 2-3 picks too by trading those 2.... i do not mind playing smart and young and kelly but having alldridge and matthews at the same time...

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 10:12:15 PM »

Offline HeadDoctorJ

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think at least shopping these guys is a great idea. I like them both, but the C's would do well to upgrade at SG and PF. It strikes me as important for the C's to consolidate assets as well, so using these guys to trade up in the draft or to build a package for a player with a higher upside (sign-and-trade for Middleton or Harris?) could be a nice move.

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 10:32:29 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

This is my thinking too......glade to see I'm not alone.......at least one more year of settling the coach in , with a group closer to being his core going forward .   After all just finally dumped Rondo and Green. 

Rebuilding a NBA team , unless your the Lakers , can take a while,    A few years at best for even the Celtics.

I be always said 2017 will be the break out for the Celtics.

Is there a full moon out tonight? What is it with some people not wanting to see us acquire good players and help us win now?  Do some of you guys like watching the team lose? Does watching the playoffs not make you want to see us get back in the dance?

Maybe you and Future Celtics Owner enjoy watching players developing and all that happy horse ***, but I want to see my team win now.

Btw, getting Aldridge and Wes Matthews doesn't cost us anything but money so the team won't have to trade any of the "precious youngsters" you want to see bond with Brad Stevens while we lose more games.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:38:36 PM by gpap »

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 10:35:48 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
I highly doubt we have a chance of getting Aldridge and Matthews, but if we do, we need guys that are ready to play and contribute right away. Not more 19 and 20 year old rookies.

Thank you!!

Lets get back to being championship contenders first, worry about the "kids" later.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 10:43:46 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

But we do not need LA and Mathews yet
Yes we do!!

we need one more year to develop our players and draft again.
No we don't!!

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 11:06:51 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Ummm... What?

Did you just say we don't need LMA/Wesley Matthews?

If we did ACQUIRE, and emphasis on acquire LMA/Wesley Matthews through the free agency, that sets you up in so many ways to contend or go young. Do you know why? Signing LMA/Wesley Matthews requires absolutely no assets, and only cap space. And in order to clear enough room to sign both with lucrative contracts, we would only need to send a first round pick to a desperate team seeking cap space for Gerald Wallace.

Let's also say hypothetically, you do sign both LMA/Matthews. We make it to the 2nd round of playoffs or possibly ECF, or even get bounced out of the first round. LMA would still at least have trade value, same for Wesley Matthews. I wouldn't put it past Ainge to trade LMA/Matthews for assets, if he believes the team cannot contend at some point.

But it leaves you with enough room for young pieces in KO, Smart, Young, and IT to boot with picks.. You can either trade them, keep them, see where that team leads, and ideally go from there.

To be completely honest, I just don't see this happening anyways. But I'm hoping Ainge can lure Kevin Love on the idea of this being his team, Brad Stevens coaching him, and Isaiah Thomas selling him on Boston.

LMA wants to win or try to contend now. The East could provide the weaker conference, and easier playoff positioning, but its always possible that our team may or may not suit him.

But we do not need LA and Mathews yet
Yes we do!!

we need one more year to develop our players and draft again.
No we don't!!

Totally agree.

I would rather bring in Kevin Love. I think his game really fits the description of Brad Stevens system. Floor stretching bigs that can rebound, pass, and has an overall post game. Being multifaceted offensively is incredibly important in a motion offense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Thank you!!

Lets get back to being championship contenders first, worry about the "kids" later.

Exactly and there's no way Aldridge even considers you if you make those types of trades.   He wants to play with more established players not rebuilding through picks...