Author Topic: Does the Clips pick + Bradley get us back in the top 20  (Read 7529 times)

Re: Does the Clips pick + Bradley get us back in the top 20
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2015, 08:44:58 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Celtics get 4th pick (Emmanuel Mudiay)
Knicks get Ty Lawson, 45th pick
Utah Jazz get Avery Bradley
Nuggets get 12th pick, 16th pick, Kelly Olynyk
   NY fans burn MSG to the ground.

they literally might

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2015, 10:30:42 AM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I agree that Bradley could fetch a pretty high pick, but I think you look at the teams and not the number of selection. I would think Charlotte, Miami and Indy would all be interested and they're picking 9-11.

I think Bradley is being underrated a lot in this thread, but I would trade him for a top 12 pick. 
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2015, 11:41:00 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

a lot of assets to give up for a kid no one's see play in this country.  Mudiay may be a terrific PG but I really would prefer to get a center or sf if we're going to make a big play on draft night

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2015, 11:55:59 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

a lot of assets to give up for a kid no one's see play in this country.  Mudiay may be a terrific PG but I really would prefer to get a center or sf if we're going to make a big play on draft night
I think we overpay for Lawson and underpay for 4.

Nuggets: 12 + 45
Utah: Avery Bradley
Knicks: Lawson, choice of Sully/KO/Zeller, 16
Celtics: #4---> Mudiay/Winslow, perhaps a bad contract from NY

I dont think this is all too realistic either but I think its closer

If that doesnt work, I think a similar package would work for #6

perhaps:
Utah: Avery Bradley
Sacramento: #12, Sully/KO/Zeller. 16
Boston: #6 --> Winslow

this one, to me, seems like a no-brainer to Sacramento. Unless they like Porzingis, the top prospects are all redundant for them here.

Now if we really want the best value I think that is at #9 with Charlotte or #10 with Miami. I think AB + mini-assetts, or perhaps Sully/KO + 16 could get us to 9/10 where Stanley Johnson or Myles Turner should still be available.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 12:06:08 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2015, 03:12:31 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Ainge won't trade him for anything less than a pick higher than his own. And if it's not top 10 it wouldn't include a pick-swap. If Utah wants him, they'd have to give up both their own pick and one of their young, lower ceiling guys like Rodney Hood for him. If I was Utah, I'd do that for sure, maybe I could even get #28 or #33 out of it.

Armed with 12, 16 and one of 28/33 plus all the future picks; Ainge would have serious ammo to move up further in the draft. Denver would be have a hard time turning down a package of 12, 16 and 33 for 7. Or Sacramento would have real trouble not taking one of Sully or KO, Turner 12 and 28 for 6.

If we move AB, we need to find a legit replacement that can play big minutes this year (I really don't know if Young is ready for that, Hence getting Hood) or if we move Smart to the two, a legit starting PG not named Ty Lawson.

« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Well in this draft because of talent and teams in ranges;
If I'm trading AB and 33 I want to get into 14-18 range.
AB and 28 should be 11-13 range.
AB and 16 should get you into the 7-10 range.
If its AB, 33, 28 and 16 then 5-7 range.

Not going to get into top 4 without giving up a ton. I don't think this draft has the same talent upside as last year's crop so trading up should be easier.

« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2015, 03:58:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Not going to get into top 4 without giving up a ton. I don't think this draft has the same talent upside as last year's crop so trading up should be easier.
AB alone should be 10-14
AB + 16 should be 7-10
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2015, 04:07:34 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

AB alone should be 10-14
AB + 16 should be 7-10
Wishful thinking but AB has his limits for his position. Though he is a starter certain hard match ups and streaky play means he doesn't get you a lottery pick by himself.

« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2015, 04:29:47 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
i would look to OKC and the #14 pick as a good fit for Bradly. making the salary work is more complicated. Philly could facilitate by taking on Waiters and Collison(conflicting reports on his contract status so im not sure he fits) in exchange for #34 and some future pick from OKC.

maybe Indiana in a sign and trade for Hibbert and #11. do it after the draft(to make the money work without renouncing our assets) and you give #16 and Bradly for #11 and Hibert. still not 100% sure the money works, but adding Babb and Pressey might level the salary's.

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2015, 06:10:38 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
i would look to OKC and the #14 pick as a good fit for Bradly. making the salary work is more complicated. Philly could facilitate by taking on Waiters and Collison(conflicting reports on his contract status so im not sure he fits) in exchange for #34 and some future pick from OKC.

maybe Indiana in a sign and trade for Hibbert and #11. do it after the draft(to make the money work without renouncing our assets) and you give #16 and Bradly for #11 and Hibert. still not 100% sure the money works, but adding Babb and Pressey might level the salary's.

OKC is the best possible fit for him, he would start there and be the perfect piece next to KD and Russ but unless someone in the top 10 prospects starts falling hard (certainly possible, Johnson and Turner being the most likely) trading for 14 doesn't do much for us. 14 and 16 might get us #10. But you don't just trade Bradley for a pick in the middle of the 1st either.

You'd have to include other players from OKC. Bradley and 28 for 14, Perry Jones III and Mitch McGary sounds a lot better. Bradley is worth more a mid 1st.

« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Only trade Bradley for a pick 10 thru  whatever for Turner. Keep the 16th pick and draft Upshaw. Its simple and the most effective long term moves for our team.

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2015, 06:59:24 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
looks as if the celtics may be able to move up to utah's pick.

http://www.theonion.com/article/indifferent-jazz-just-ask-nba-to-draft-them-a-forw-36358
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2015, 08:30:29 PM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
Bradley was a better defender when he first came into the league.   Since his surgery on both shoulders, he doesn't dive for the ball as much.  He shoots too much and does little else.

His salary is way too high.  Just like with Rondo, he is overvalued - hopefully the Celtics won't wait too long to trade him.

Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2015, 01:53:36 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
For a pick in the 9-12 range, ok trading Bradley could be worth it.

But 13-20?  Big talent dropoff.  We could get garbage in return, aka the next Joe Forte or Fab Melo.  No thanks.  Not worth our time.

Bradley is signed to a favorable contract, is still young at age 24, and has improved his offense and shooting each year now.  He's no longer an 'elite' defender but still a well above average defender at the 2 position.  He can start at the NBA level.  Most picks taken after the top 10 range don't even turn into average NBA starters.