Author Topic: Does the Clips pick + Bradley get us back in the top 20  (Read 7597 times)

Does the Clips pick + Bradley get us back in the top 20
« on: May 16, 2015, 09:47:15 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I'm seeing a lot of guy I really like between 16-22 range. Surely if we wanted we could make another dive into the top 20 in this draft by moving a player like Avery. Any likely trade partners.

Re: Does the Clips pick + Bradley get us back in the top 20
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 09:51:13 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
IMO Bradley alone should get you into the 10-15 range. If it doesn't than you are overpaying.

Bradley plus 28 for 16-22 is a big overpay.

For me AB for 12 or 14 are trades you have to consider, but even that's contingent on other moves (a trade up or bringing in another high level gaurd)
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 10:39:47 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Ainge had a chance to get a draft pick out of him at the trade deadline and refused to deal him.

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 10:55:00 PM »

Offline 317

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 25
as others have said Bradly alone would get you into the top 20. if your going to move him i would be looking at Bradly + #28 for something in the 10-15 range. Bradly + #16 is more interesting, should get you into the top 10, not sure how high thought.

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 11:57:49 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
If we do end up trading Bradley, Terry Rozier or J.P. Takoto at 33 might not be the worst replacement. They both showed well in 5 v 5's, looked like they had an extra step on most of the other players.

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 12:13:46 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Ainge had a chance to get a draft pick out of him at the trade deadline and refused to deal him.

Yeah, how about that, lol ;D? *facepalm*

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 12:43:05 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Capela
Hairston
Bogdanovich
Wilcox
Huestis
Anderson

those are the last 6 picks of last years draft. Do you really believe any will even be half to player AB is? And that was considered a deep draft.

I like the end of the first round this year, but if our Clips pick turns into AB im ecstatic, and so is any reasonable fan.
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 12:57:20 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Capela
Hairston
Bogdanovich
Wilcox
Huestis
Anderson

those are the last 6 picks of last years draft. Do you really believe any will even be half to player AB is? And that was considered a deep draft.

I like the end of the first round this year, but if our Clips pick turns into AB im ecstatic, and so is any reasonable fan.

Of the first round, yes, but not of the entire draft, which means that you're forgetting other guys who came in the second round, including a great and much more versatile defender than AB in KJ McDaniels, as well as Jordan Clarkson and Spencer Dinwiddie, to name a couple of other guys.  I'm not trying to be difficult, and I'm not trolling, btw, I'm really not, and I hope that we can get a great group of guys this year, but I'm not exactly getting my hopes up, lol ;D.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 01:13:25 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

Capela
Hairston
Bogdanovich
Wilcox
Huestis
Anderson

Of the first round, yes, but not of the entire draft, which means that you're forgetting other guys who came in the second round, including a great and much more versatile defender than AB in KJ McDaniels, as well as Jordan Clarkson and Spencer Dinwiddie, to name a couple of other guys.  I'm not trying to be difficult, and I'm not trolling, btw, I'm really not, and I hope that we can get a great group of guys this year, but I'm not exactly getting my hopes up, lol ;D.
Kj and clarkson have a shot at beig as good as AB and I disagree on dinwiddie. I realize that you actually believe it is easy to find guys like AB in the second round and late in the first but it isn't it just isn't.

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 03:04:08 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Capela
Hairston
Bogdanovich
Wilcox
Huestis
Anderson

Kj and clarkson have a shot at beig as good as AB and I disagree on dinwiddie. I realize that you actually believe it is easy to find guys like AB in the second round and late in the first but it isn't it just isn't.

Dinwiddie's playing time was far too erratic, but he did show flashes.  Iirc, nbadraft.net, who compared him to Brian Shaw, had us taking him in the second round at one time, and he probably only dropped because he tore an acl.  I just think he's an interesting and intriguing player.  Here are his two best games, including his first, and to date, only, career start against the Bulls with Derrick Rose, as well as his 20 point, 8 assist performance off the bench against the Wizards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYwx9KjnZ-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJqCu7T0YI

Now, in terms of replacing Bradley, which you insist can't be done by such late first and second round picks ::), look no further than the former backcourt partner of our own Marcus Smart, Markel Brown, who was also taken in the second round.  I honestly think you'll really like him ;D.  At 6'3"/6'4" he's an inch or two taller than AB with a longer wingspan, two years younger, a much better athlete (and believe me, I know that that's saying something, but Brown has unreal, Gerald Green-like, hops, trust me), ball handler and passer (although, admittedly, the bar isn't very high on both of the latter categories, lol ;D. I know, I know - I'm being obnoxious.  Sorry about that), a pretty good and developing shooter, and it looks like he moves very well without the ball, albeit not as well as AB, as of right now.  He also had an 11 rebound, 4 block performance, so he can certainly play defense, and he even gets to the line :o ;D.  See for yourself, particularly in the Houston video.  When has Bradley ever crossed a guy over and taken him to the basket, because I've watched him since his rookie year and I'm still waiting, lol ;D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqUevcen7w8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQiv8f7BgJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbbikLDOOwc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HOCfbQV3dE

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 03:07:09 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Why would someone think that dekker hollins kaminsky booker grant even porzingis and henzonjia will 100% be better players than bradley? Bradley himself only would get us a 10-12 pick

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 06:28:55 AM »

Offline RAAAAAAAANDY

• NCE
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 57
Why would someone think that dekker hollins kaminsky booker grant even porzingis and henzonjia will 100% be better players than bradley? Bradley himself only would get us a 10-12 pick

You guys are way overvaluing Bradley. He is not fetching a top 10-12 pick.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 07:04:17 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

He's only getting us a top 12 pick if there's a team there that really wants him, and there's no one left in the draft that they'd prefer over Bradley.

The reports were that Ainge had turned down first round pick offers for Bradley.
Who knows what range in the first round those picks were.

I think it's safe to say that Bradley alone would net us a first round pick, but any higher than #15 would be where it starts to get extremely team dependent and we'd have to hope that a team like the Jazz would bite at #12 or #13 etc...
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 07:32:59 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson

He's only getting us a top 12 pick if there's a team there that really wants him, and there's no one left in the draft that they'd prefer over Bradley.

The reports were that Ainge had turned down first round pick offers for Bradley.
Who knows what range in the first round those picks were.

I think it's safe to say that Bradley alone would net us a first round pick, but any higher than #15 would be where it starts to get extremely team dependent and we'd have to hope that a team like the Jazz would bite at #12 or #13 etc...
Of course it is team reliant.

Lucky for us AB fits nearly perfectly with OKC and Utah. Also I think Charlotte and Miami could be interested in him. Indiana is not a  great fit either but AB would still  be a very nice addition for them

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 07:36:26 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Capela
Hairston
Bogdanovich
Wilcox
Huestis
Anderson

Dinwiddie's playing time was far too erratic, but he did show flashes.  Iirc, nbadraft.net, who compared him to Brian Shaw, had us taking him in the second round at one time, and he probably only dropped because he tore an acl.  I just think he's an interesting and intriguing player.  Here are his two best games, including his first, and to date, only, career start against the Bulls with Derrick Rose, as well as his 20 point, 8 assist performance off the bench against the Wizards.

Now, in terms of replacing Bradley, which you insist can't be done by such late first and second round picks ::), look no further than the former backcourt partner of our own Marcus Smart, Markel Brown, who was also taken in the second round.  I honestly think you'll really like him ;D.  At 6'3"/6'4" he's an inch or two taller than AB with a longer wingspan, two years younger, a much better athlete (and believe me, I know that that's saying something, but Brown has unreal, Gerald Green-like, hops, trust me), ball handler and passer (although, admittedly, the bar isn't very high on both of the latter categories, lol ;D. I know, I know - I'm being obnoxious.  Sorry about that), a pretty good and developing shooter, and it looks like he moves very well without the ball, albeit not as well as AB, as of right now.  He also had an 11 rebound, 4 block performance, so he can certainly play defense, and he even gets to the line :o ;D.  See for yourself, particularly in the Houston video.  When has Bradley ever crossed a guy over and taken him to the basket, because I've watched him since his rookie year and I'm still waiting, lol ;D.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfa58-iI_p0