Author Topic: vote for your most memorable phrase in movie history  (Read 15868 times)

Re: vote for your most memorable phrase in movie history
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2015, 08:13:31 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
http://youtu.be/493pL_Vbtnc

I never was a Mel Brooks fan, but that made me spit my last beer through my nose hahahaha.

That reminded me about Gene Wilder (and Richard Pryor):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vycrb6nTgg

E. Oh if you haven´t seen the movie, Gene´s character is deaf and Richard´s character is blind.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:19:31 PM by sahara »

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2015, 08:32:59 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2015, 08:50:12 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
^I love that movie! The face melting scene was so scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpipB4yehk

"Here´s Johnny!"

Kubrik drove his actors crazy, he made Jack do one scene before this one 113 times. Shelley Duvall was very dissapointed with the reviews of the movie.

""So here was my chance to work with Kubrick." She sipped her tea. "And that was another category. Going through day after day of excruciating work. Almost unbearable. Jack Nicholson's character had to be crazy and angry all the time. And in my character I had to cry 12 hours a day, all day long, the last nine months straight, five or six days a week. I was there a year and a month, and there must be something to Primal Scream therapy, because after the day was over and I'd cried for my 12 hours, I went home very contented. It had a very calming effect. During the day I would have been absolutely miserable." She sighed. "Can you taste the oranges in this tea? Neat, huh? Well..." Sigh.

"After I made 'The Shining,' all that work, hardly anyone even criticized my performance in it, even to mention it, it seemed like. The reviews were all about Kubrick, like I wasn't there...""

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2015, 08:51:37 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
http://youtu.be/493pL_Vbtnc

Man, TP! That's definitely one of the greatest! Hilarious.

I don't know if it can beat Pulp Fiction, though. It has some of the greatest lines ever.

"Well, I'm a mushroom-cloud-layin' MFer, MFer! Every time my fingers touch brain, I'm Superfly T.N.T., I'm the Guns of the Navarone!"

"Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face."

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead"

Quite a few other ones that aren't really suitable for here, too. lol

Some other of my favorite ones:
"I don't want a large Farva. I want a GD litre o' cola." "Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?" - Super Troopers

"No, Cyril, when they're dead they're just hookers!" "Danger Zone!" "Phrasing!" "I need a pot of coffee just how I like my women: black, bitter, preferably fair-trade." - Archer

"Dude, you can get past a dog. Nobody F's with a lion." - Grandma's Boy

"But why is the rum gone?!" - Pirates of the Carribean

TP on Pulp Fiction.... Yeah right on the number of great lines .... Too many to count

My favorite

:Marsellus in the pawn shop basement:

"Yah we cool....you leave tonite, and when you're gone, you stay gone or you be gone....you lost your L.A. Privileges."

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2015, 08:56:09 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
^I love that movie! The face melting scene was so scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDpipB4yehk

"Here´s Johnny!"

Kubrik drove his actors crazy, he made Jack do one scene before this one 113 times. Shelley Duvall was very dissapointed with the reviews of the movie.

""So here was my chance to work with Kubrick." She sipped her tea. "And that was another category. Going through day after day of excruciating work. Almost unbearable. Jack Nicholson's character had to be crazy and angry all the time. And in my character I had to cry 12 hours a day, all day long, the last nine months straight, five or six days a week. I was there a year and a month, and there must be something to Primal Scream therapy, because after the day was over and I'd cried for my 12 hours, I went home very contented. It had a very calming effect. During the day I would have been absolutely miserable." She sighed. "Can you taste the oranges in this tea? Neat, huh? Well..." Sigh.

"After I made 'The Shining,' all that work, hardly anyone even criticized my performance in it, even to mention it, it seemed like. The reviews were all about Kubrick, like I wasn't there...""

TP, and "Honey, I'm home,",just before it...priceless
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:02:21 PM by csfansince60s »

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2015, 09:01:24 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
Pulp Fiction.. Oh yes.

"Let me tell you what now. I'ma call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.s, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy? I ain't through with you by a [dang] sight. I'ma get medieval on your ass."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVRPz6-Tkww

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2015, 09:14:47 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
Jules: What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

Brett: What?

Jules: What country are you from?

Brett: What? What? Wh - ?

Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?

Jules: English, motherEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.er, do you speak it?

Brett: Yes! Yes!

Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!

Brett: Yes!

Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!

Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherEdited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.er, say what one more Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.n time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPHuE5pDlEs

All of that scene. All of it.

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2015, 09:26:42 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum

I´ll go to sleep now, sorry.

« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2015, 09:33:33 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
"Nobody cares." - A Bronx Tale
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2015, 10:08:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Pulp Fiction has the greatest lines ever.

Pretty Please with cherry on top.

Hahahahaha much of it  not suitable for this site.

« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2015, 10:26:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I also love the exchanges in the final courtroom scene in 'A Few Good Men' Jack was great in that courtroom scene. 'You want the truth, You cant handle the truth...the truth is......'
always hoped someone would photoshop Pierce sitting in the courtroom behind Cruise when the camera pans back to him after that line

Ask and ye shall receive... It's a litte slapdash, but it was fun to make!

(attachment below)
love it == TP

« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2015, 10:29:23 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
'Ill have some of what she is having' Cant remember if that was in Cocoon or Sleepless in Seattle.
From When Harry Met Sally.  know it by heart because my wife has made me watch it a 1000 times

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2015, 11:10:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Pulp Fiction has the greatest lines ever.

Pretty Please with cherry on top.

Hahahahaha much of it  not suitable for this site.

Haha I know. I had so many quotes I wanted to put on here, but there are only so many asterisks you can put in one post lol

« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2015, 11:37:32 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2015, 11:39:16 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
from Avengers II

Tony Starks: Where are you Romanov? You better not be playing hide the zucchini with Banner!