Poll

Would you trade James Young + Clippers pick for a top 10 pick ?

Yes
41 (82%)
No
9 (18%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Author Topic: Would you trade James Young + Clippers pick for a top 10 pick ?  (Read 8099 times)

Re: Would you trade James Young + Clippers pick for a top 10 pick ?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 01:11:42 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
It will take our 16 and young to move into the top 10. Could be what some teams want vs 16 and 28 for a near top 10 pick

For WCS or porzingis yes. Not for oubre, johnson or turner. Young could end up being better than oubre or johnson(who is short for a sf)
I'd do that for Johnson or Turner but not Oubre. Johnson might be slightly shorter than Young, but Johnson is also 242 solid muscle, with a similar wingspan to Young. I think he can guard 3's.

Johnson also is not an above the rim player and wont have an easy time finishing around the basket. He is only an ok shooter.

Johnson reminds me of crowder. A little more skilled but not a guy that can do one thing particularly well

If you ask someone is johnson a better prospect than young, i dont think anyone would say absolutely yes. Young could still end up being better

So you dont trade the 16 plus young for Johnson

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 01:28:16 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
With all due respect, I don't think that what you're offering is enough to get into the top ten. Young hasn't shown nearly enough and the 28th pick is not great. Maybe Young and the 16th pick gets you there, but I have my doubts even about that.

This. Chicago had to to trade the 16th and 19th pick, their 2015 second rounder, AND take on Anthony Randolph's contract just to move up to 11th. You're not getting a top 10 pick for a super late first rounder and James Young, who's barely a fringe NBA player at this point. It's absolutely just not happening.
You realize that the quote that spurned the creation of this thread was from a gm, who said Young would be a top 10 pick this year? I personally trust his evaluation of Young more than your fringe NBA player valuation.

Must be a really down year at the top of the draft, if you think a guy who was thoroughly overwhelmed in the league this year would be a top 10 pick.
He was one of the youngest players in the draft last year. I don't think anyone should realistically expected production out of him this year. Players are drafted because of what they are going to be long term, not what they show in year one.

Please just stop it. You are making too much sense!

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 08:27:46 PM »

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Why take a gamble at a 19 years old player and trade him without knowing if it was worth it. I don't get it.
Waste 1 year for what?
To me it is very simple, trade young if he's the final piece in a trade that will make us contender or just wait 2 to 3 years and evaluate his ceiling. In between move would be against what Ainge did by picking him last year.

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think it just depends on if Danny is in love with a guy in that range.  James young has some potential...  I'm in favor of just hanging onto him.  Who knows if a guy in the 8-10 range has dramatically more potential. 

I'm fine with trading Young if it gets us something tangible.   Trading one scratch ticket for another seems like a waste of effort.

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2015, 09:22:56 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I think it just depends on if Danny is in love with a guy in that range.  James young has some potential...  I'm in favor of just hanging onto him.  Who knows if a guy in the 8-10 range has dramatically more potential. 

I'm fine with trading Young if it gets us something tangible.   Trading one scratch ticket for another seems like a waste of effort.
+1

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 10:36:37 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Question - what team did you have in mind, because while I like Young and would like to see him develop, are we talking about a similar scenario to Bradley and the 16th pick for Utah's spot at 12?  Was there even anything to that rumor, btw, or did someone just make that up?

Yeah. Zach Lowe wrote an article a month or two ago about how well Utah was playing after the ASG break, and in that article he talked about the feeling in Utah being that they have a good core ready to start competing now and they'll be looking to make a move for a fairly young, proven productive player with a decent contract who fits into their timetable. AB was the first name on his list of the kind of guys they're looking for. Apparently Ainge turned down a late 1st (Via GSW?) and expirings from a handful of teams at the deadline and they were one of them. He suggested that they could be willing to trade their pick this year (#12 right now) for him, and include Hood of Danny still says no. I'd think Ainge might go for that. Hood gives you a good SG/SF with a pretty good jumper. And getting #12 without giving up 16 would be huge. Could probably get to #7 just by rolling together all 3 1sts.

But yeah, I'm not sure about that kinda deal with Young. Some good basketball minds think he has the highest upside of anyone we have not named Marcus, but he had a chance to get some minutes and didn't do enough to warrant continued PT. He's still just 19, and he played really well in the D league. He hasn't de-valued much, but he's still a project. One that will take a while to fully develop. And I really don't know about Miami, Charlotte or Detroit taking just him, 16 and 28 to move oh into their range. They all plan on competing next year. Denver looks like they're launching up a rebuild, so they could be takers. #7 is more valuable than 10. I think they'd at least want a little more.

Thanks for the info, TP :). Another dumb move by Ainge, though, imo.  I remember seeing and commenting on a thread or two, iirc, about the possibility of getting a 1st, and expirings for Bradley, and I still don't understand why he didn't do it, especially because there's a lot of talent in this draft and someone could always slip.  Ugh.  I don't think that Utah would have given up their pick this year for Bradley, though, because that seems like highway robbery, lol ;D, and if they were to include Hood in such a deal, their gm should get his head examined, haha.  I did like Hood last year, and was concerned that not taking him might come back to haunt us in some form, in addition to KJ McDaniels, and he had a number of great games at the end of the season.  I don't know why Danny didn't trade Jeff Green on draft night for a 1st, or maybe a 1st and a 2nd, but we are where we are.  Sigh.

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2015, 10:57:09 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
Here are some highlights.  Check out his splits, too, because he played very well as a starter, and averaged 16.7 ppg over the final 7 games of the year.  Why would they trade someone like that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjvaKOR53Lc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-gGFd4csOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQd4I87kqqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lAtaQLt9so

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2015, 12:38:21 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Question - what team did you have in mind, because while I like Young and would like to see him develop, are we talking about a similar scenario to Bradley and the 16th pick for Utah's spot at 12?  Was there even anything to that rumor, btw, or did someone just make that up?

Yeah. Zach Lowe wrote an article a month or two ago about how well Utah was playing after the ASG break, and in that article he talked about the feeling in Utah being that they have a good core ready to start competing now and they'll be looking to make a move for a fairly young, proven productive player with a decent contract who fits into their timetable. AB was the first name on his list of the kind of guys they're looking for. Apparently Ainge turned down a late 1st (Via GSW?) and expirings from a handful of teams at the deadline and they were one of them. He suggested that they could be willing to trade their pick this year (#12 right now) for him, and include Hood of Danny still says no. I'd think Ainge might go for that. Hood gives you a good SG/SF with a pretty good jumper. And getting #12 without giving up 16 would be huge. Could probably get to #7 just by rolling together all 3 1sts.

But yeah, I'm not sure about that kinda deal with Young. Some good basketball minds think he has the highest upside of anyone we have not named Marcus, but he had a chance to get some minutes and didn't do enough to warrant continued PT. He's still just 19, and he played really well in the D league. He hasn't de-valued much, but he's still a project. One that will take a while to fully develop. And I really don't know about Miami, Charlotte or Detroit taking just him, 16 and 28 to move oh into their range. They all plan on competing next year. Denver looks like they're launching up a rebuild, so they could be takers. #7 is more valuable than 10. I think they'd at least want a little more.

Thanks for the info, TP :). Another dumb move by Ainge, though, imo.  I remember seeing and commenting on a thread or two, iirc, about the possibility of getting a 1st, and expirings for Bradley, and I still don't understand why he didn't do it, especially because there's a lot of talent in this draft and someone could always slip.  Ugh.  I don't think that Utah would have given up their pick this year for Bradley, though, because that seems like highway robbery, lol ;D, and if they were to include Hood in such a deal, their gm should get his head examined, haha.  I did like Hood last year, and was concerned that not taking him might come back to haunt us in some form, in addition to KJ McDaniels, and he had a number of great games at the end of the season.  I don't know why Danny didn't trade Jeff Green on draft night for a 1st, or maybe a 1st and a 2nd, but we are where we are.  Sigh.
First I will address your AB comment.
3 points:
1. Look at the last few games of KO's rookie year where he got starter minutes. last 3 games = 26 and 9 in 35 mpg, last 8 games = 17 and 7 on 26 mpg. Then keep in mind you currently refer to him as a huge mistake and call him Nolynyk
2. You only want a late first for AB because you are delusional about the NBA draft.A late first for you is a normal human beings top 10 pick.
3. The article was published prior to Hoods late season push, so he probably wouldnt be included now.

Second:

The Ainge bashing is driving me nuts
Since 2004 (Ainges first season):
5 teams have won the East
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Magic
Cavs
3 Have won it multiple times
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
6 have been to multiple finals
Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Heat
Pistons
Celtics
6 have won championships
Pistons
Celtics
Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Lakers

I would argue that Kobe(LA), Lebron(Miami), Shaq(LA & Miami), Duncan(SAS) are the four best players since Jordan. Ainge never had a shot an any of them.

So Without question we are a top 6 most succesgul team in Ainge's tenure. We do not have the LA or Miami advantage and we were not blessed with Tim Duncan in the lotto.

Jefferson 15
Rondo 19
Sully 19
TA and Perk at 27
Big Baby in round 2

Turned Big Al and a pile of junk into KG
Swapped Jeff Green for Ray Allen
Managed to acquire 2 superstars without giving up 3 of his 5 best assets(Rondo, pick 5, Big Al, TA, Perk)

But no, you are right Ainge sucks.

Just stop pretending Ainge is a terrible GM because he isnt perfect. Hes better than almost the entire rest of the league.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2015, 01:37:49 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

3 points:
1. Look at the last few games of KO's rookie year where he got starter minutes. last 3 games = 26 and 9 in 35 mpg, last 8 games = 17 and 7 on 26 mpg. Then keep in mind you currently refer to him as a huge mistake and call him Nolynyk
2. You only want a late first for AB because you are delusional about the NBA draft.A late first for you is a normal human beings top 10 pick.
3. The article was published prior to Hoods late season push, so he probably wouldnt be included now.

Second:

Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Magic
Cavs
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Heat
Pistons
Celtics
6 have won championships
Pistons
Celtics
Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Lakers

I would argue that Kobe(LA), Lebron(Miami), Shaq(LA & Miami), Duncan(SAS) are the four best players since Jordan. Ainge never had a shot an any of them.

So Without question we are a top 6 most succesgul team in Ainge's tenure. We do not have the LA or Miami advantage and we were not blessed with Tim Duncan in the lotto.

Jefferson 15
Rondo 19
Sully 19
TA and Perk at 27
Big Baby in round 2

Managed to acquire 2 superstars without giving up 3 of his 5 best assets(Rondo, pick 5, Big Al, TA, Perk)

Just stop pretending Ainge is a terrible GM because he isnt perfect. Hes better than almost the entire rest of the league.

Look, at the end of his rookie year, you're absolutely right - Nolynyk looked really good, and even I was hopeful that his late season performances were a glimpse of what was to come and I think everyone hoped that he would carry that over into this year, but it never happened, and I think for much of the year you could make the argument that our billy goat had even regressed, which is pretty alarming. 

To your point about my being delusional about the draft ::), all I can say is that no two drafts are the same, but this year's and last year's are/were deep, which means that it's very likely that we could get a very good player from said pick.  The other thing about Bradley is that it made absolutely no sense to resign him once we drafted Smart, and I can promise you that I'm certainly not the only person who feels this way.  I like Avery, but he belongs on a contender, probably as a missing piece and.or defensive stopper kind of role like he had in 2011-12, because that's when he thrives.  He only got marginally, if that, better at dribbling this year and he's certainly not a passer, so my thinking is why not cash in when his value is close to its highest and get somebody or something for him?  I am aware of the timing of the article, btw, which would have made such a deal even more of a ripoff for us.  Ugh.

Concerning the Ainge bashing, well, if it's driving you nuts, take solace in the fact that I find it ridiculous at how much he's praised on here, and no one seems willing to point out his failures and shortcomings, so we're even, haha ;D. I thought he'd turned a corner as a gm after getting KG, I really did, but then he reverted to form and blew a number of opportunities to help us get another title (at least).

Speaking of Garnett, btw, how is he not on your list of the best players since Jordan?  I'm not disagreeing with whom you've mentioned, but how can you possibly leave KG off of that list?  That's just plain ridiculous, imo, and in what universe was TA a 'top 5 asset?'  Before he stupidly decided to dunk after the whistle against the Pacers, yes, I agree, but after the knee injury, and during the trades for KG and Ray, absolutely not.  Iirc, Danny tried to include him in one of those transactions, and neither team wanted him, and for good reason, imo.

The best pick in his tenure, imo, was Rondo.  I'll give him credit for that, because that was an amazing selection.  The only problem was that he then tried to trade Rondo almost every day from that time until this past year, which never made any sense to me.  Don't you remember when he tried to trade him and Ray to Detroit for Stuckey and Hamilton? :o ::). Wow.

I'm also curious as to how you can say that he's a great gm when you describe the trade in terms of what we gave up as 'Big Al and a pile of junk'.  Would that not mean, then, that McHale essentially gift wrapped Garnett for us and handed us a title in the process?  Personally, I don't believe that, but I will say that a lot of unexpected and lucky events, such as injuries to Pierce and Ray during 2006-07, certainly helped his case.  That trade was, as Bob Ryan once said, "a once-in-a-lifetime event that will likely never be duplicated, and anyone who thinks that it can happen again is living in denial," or something to that effect as far as the last part of that comment is concerned.  I guess that Red was right about Danny, then, when he said that he's lucky, and sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, which might have happened in this case.  The only problem is that after the luck and magic or whatever wears off, what do you do then, and that's my concern.  Why do you think he acquired so many picks in the first place?  Sure, his preferred method would be to just throw them all at some sucker gm for a great player, but if that doesn't work, at least he'll have more than one chance to get at least a good player, so that his misses don't seem so bad.  Hey, 1 out of 3 isn't bad, right (sarcasm) ::)? Ugh. 

I'm sorry if I've upset you, though, I really am, and for that I sincerely apologize.

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

3 points:

Second:

Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Magic
Cavs
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Heat
Pistons
Celtics
6 have won championships
Pistons
Celtics
Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Lakers

Jefferson 15
Rondo 19
Sully 19
TA and Perk at 27
Big Baby in round 2

Look, at the end of his rookie year, you're absolutely right - Nolynyk looked really good, and even I was hopeful that his late season performances were a glimpse of what was to come and I think everyone hoped that he would carry that over into this year, but it never happened, and I think for much of the year you could make the argument that our billy goat had even regressed, which is pretty alarming. 

To your point about my being delusional about the draft ::), all I can say is that no two drafts are the same, but this year's and last year's are/were deep, which means that it's very likely that we could get a very good player from said pick.  The other thing about Bradley is that it made absolutely no sense to resign him once we drafted Smart, and I can promise you that I'm certainly not the only person who feels this way.  I like Avery, but he belongs on a contender, probably as a missing piece and.or defensive stopper kind of role like he had in 2011-12, because that's when he thrives.  He only got marginally, if that, better at dribbling this year and he's certainly not a passer, so my thinking is why not cash in when his value is close to its highest and get somebody or something for him?  I am aware of the timing of the article, btw, which would have made such a deal even more of a ripoff for us.  Ugh.

Concerning the Ainge bashing, well, if it's driving you nuts, take solace in the fact that I find it ridiculous at how much he's praised on here, and no one seems willing to point out his failures and shortcomings, so we're even, haha ;D. I thought he'd turned a corner as a gm after getting KG, I really did, but then he reverted to form and blew a number of opportunities to help us get another title (at least).

Speaking of Garnett, btw, how is he not on your list of the best players since Jordan?  I'm not disagreeing with whom you've mentioned, but how can you possibly leave KG off of that list?  That's just plain ridiculous, imo, and in what universe was TA a 'top 5 asset?'  Before he stupidly decided to dunk after the whistle against the Pacers, yes, I agree, but after the knee injury, and during the trades for KG and Ray, absolutely not.  Iirc, Danny tried to include him in one of those transactions, and neither team wanted him, and for good reason, imo.

The best pick in his tenure, imo, was Rondo.  I'll give him credit for that, because that was an amazing selection.  The only problem was that he then tried to trade Rondo almost every day from that time until this past year, which never made any sense to me.  Don't you remember when he tried to trade him and Ray to Detroit for Stuckey and Hamilton? :o ::). Wow.

I'm also curious as to how you can say that he's a great gm when you describe the trade in terms of what we gave up as 'Big Al and a pile of junk'.  Would that not mean, then, that McHale essentially gift wrapped Garnett for us and handed us a title in the process?  Personally, I don't believe that, but I will say that a lot of unexpected and lucky events, such as injuries to Pierce and Ray during 2006-07, certainly helped his case.  That trade was, as Bob Ryan once said, "a once-in-a-lifetime event that will likely never be duplicated, and anyone who thinks that it can happen again is living in denial," or something to that effect as far as the last part of that comment is concerned.  I guess that Red was right about Danny, then, when he said that he's lucky, and sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, which might have happened in this case.  The only problem is that after the luck and magic or whatever wears off, what do you do then, and that's my concern.  Why do you think he acquired so many picks in the first place?  Sure, his preferred method would be to just throw them all at some sucker gm for a great player, but if that doesn't work, at least he'll have more than one chance to get at least a good player, so that his misses don't seem so bad.  Hey, 1 out of 3 isn't bad, right (sarcasm) ::)? Ugh. 

I'm sorry if I've upset you, though, I really am, and for that I sincerely apologize.
Some good points
1. I described TA as a top 5 asset becauseif you look at the team we had that summer I would say that the the guys who went on to have the best careers were
Pierce
Rondo
Big Al
Green(#5)
Allen
Perk

(Id forgotten Pierce) so I was saying that its very impressive he was able to make these moves without gutting the roster. If you can think of someone other than those 4 guys who ahve had better careers than TA then correct me but I think he was the 5th best asset on that team and Ainge got 2 studs without giving them up.

I agree Ainge gets too much credit. He has made a lot of mistakes. I think hes still a top 10 gm but I dont blindly trust him like I trust BB of the Pats.

Sure Ainge was lucky in crafting the big 3 but thats how it works. you cant call out Ainge when he has bad luck in drafts then say probably the most impressive summer of any GM in the last decade was just luck. It goes both ways.

As for KG. I think he is just a bit outside those 4 in terms of dominance and the more important thing is that Ainge had to go out and get him as opposed to Shaq and Lebron who seemed to be more drawn by players/location.

We are always going to disagree on the draft. I understand that each draft there are probably 5 or so guys taken in the 25+ range who are better than AB but the odds are solidly against you.

you listed Markel Brown, Clarkson, McDaniels, and Dinwiddie as guys takken late last year who will be better than AB and I think a few have a chance but I think its more likely than not that none of them are ever better players than AB.

Im not sure how to respond to the KG trade but I guess the answer would be yes. Ainge managed to pull the wool over McHales eyes. That is another point for Ainge.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2015, 04:54:48 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
Nope.  I love Stanley Johnson, etc..but Young has the same type of potential as the players in that range.

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2015, 05:09:53 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

3 points:

Second:

Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Magic
Cavs
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Heat
Pistons
Celtics
6 have won championships
Pistons
Celtics
Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Lakers

Jefferson 15
Rondo 19
Sully 19
TA and Perk at 27
Big Baby in round 2

Meanwhile, back in the real world, KO improved in almost every single statistical category in his second year.  Not huge improvement but improvement.

You find delusional fans on all blogs but only here do we find so many fans delusionally critical of their own team.

Mike

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2015, 09:12:34 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

3 points:

Second:

Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Magic
Cavs
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Heat
Pistons
Celtics
6 have won championships
Pistons
Celtics
Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Lakers

Jefferson 15
Rondo 19
Sully 19
TA and Perk at 27
Big Baby in round 2

Some good points
1. I described TA as a top 5 asset becauseif you look at the team we had that summer I would say that the the guys who went on to have the best careers were
Pierce
Rondo
Big Al
Green(#5)
Allen
Perk

(Id forgotten Pierce) so I was saying that its very impressive he was able to make these moves without gutting the roster. If you can think of someone other than those 4 guys who ahve had better careers than TA then correct me but I think he was the 5th best asset on that team and Ainge got 2 studs without giving them up.

I agree Ainge gets too much credit. He has made a lot of mistakes. I think hes still a top 10 gm but I dont blindly trust him like I trust BB of the Pats.

Sure Ainge was lucky in crafting the big 3 but thats how it works. you cant call out Ainge when he has bad luck in drafts then say probably the most impressive summer of any GM in the last decade was just luck. It goes both ways.

As for KG. I think he is just a bit outside those 4 in terms of dominance and the more important thing is that Ainge had to go out and get him as opposed to Shaq and Lebron who seemed to be more drawn by players/location.

We are always going to disagree on the draft. I understand that each draft there are probably 5 or so guys taken in the 25+ range who are better than AB but the odds are solidly against you.

you listed Markel Brown, Clarkson, McDaniels, and Dinwiddie as guys takken late last year who will be better than AB and I think a few have a chance but I think its more likely than not that none of them are ever better players than AB.

Im not sure how to respond to the KG trade but I guess the answer would be yes. Ainge managed to pull the wool over McHales eyes. That is another point for Ainge.

Fair enough, I guess, but have you forgotten how many players Ainge had to give up for KG, let alone Ray, because we had a severe deficiency in terms of personnel after those two moves, so I'd say that he gutted the roster, at least in a sense.  I don't think that his assembling of the Big 3  was all luck, but you have to admit that a lot of stars had to align for such transactions to take place. 

At one time, yes, I did think that Danny was an excellent evaluator of talent, but not anymore, imo.  I don't know if those young guys will be better than Bradley, but all I'm trying to say is that it's certainly possible to find players with similar skillsets in Brown and McDaniels, as well as other guys with excellent potential in Clarkson and Dinwiddie.  I just feel that Bradley is too one-dimensional.  He's a very good role player, yes, but I don't see him ever turning into anything other than what he is now, which is a defensive star.  Of course, with our luck, if he's traded he'll probably turn into a premier player, lol ;D. Ugh.  He really reminds me of a bigger, better shooting version of Lindsey Hunter, but without the handle, which I realize isn't saying much, haha ;D.

As for the assets part, I think that Delonte West was by far better than TA, but to each his own.  Sorry, I just hate Tony Allen, lol ;D.

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2015, 09:23:31 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

3 points:

Second:

Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Magic
Cavs
Celtics
Heat
Pistons
Spurs
Lakers
Mavs
Heat
Pistons
Celtics
6 have won championships
Pistons
Celtics
Heat
Mavs
Spurs
Lakers

Jefferson 15
Rondo 19
Sully 19
TA and Perk at 27
Big Baby in round 2

Meanwhile, back in the real world, KO improved in almost every single statistical category in his second year.  Not huge improvement but improvement.

You find delusional fans on all blogs but only here do we find so many fans delusionally critical of their own team.

Mike

Hey now, I like living under a rock, okay (sarcasm) ;D?  It's quite cool in the summer, lol ;D.

I just looked at KO's stats, btw, and yes, you'r right, he did get marginally better, but what in the world happened to his free throws?  I didn't realize his percentage was that bad, his rebounding actually regressed, and he only started 4 more games this year than in his rookie campaign, but his 2 point fg% to greatly improve - I'll certainly give you that. 

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall him really finding a groove playing against 2nd tier guys, for the most part, off the bench, as opposed to the starters of the opposition, and didn't the team play very well without him after he went down with that ankle injury towards the all star break? 

Additionally, if his play was so improved (not that you're saying that, but still), why did he only average 2.2 more mpg last season?  It can't just be foul trouble, which also slightly increased this past year from 3.2 to 3.3.