Author Topic: Justin Anderson vs Justise Winslow  (Read 11344 times)

Re: Justin Anderson vs Justise Winslow
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 03:30:32 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Anderson missed a few games this year with an injury therefore all these he is not better may be called into question.  He missed games from 2/11 to 3/7 fractures pinkie and appendectomy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2357742-justin-anderson-injury-updates-on-virginia-stars-hand-and-return

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12428158/justin-anderson-virginia-cavaliers-appendectomy

Knowing this fact, tempers my opinion that they are closer than people think.  His stats were better up to that point and he did not have an Okafor to draw people off him.

exactly.  Not likely Winslow could of done any better in place of Anderson

this is the unknown part

However we do know that Anderson more than held his own vs Winslow when they met this past season.

Let's be real here, these are vast exaggerations. Anderson being injured doesn't mean he's as good as Winslow. Neither does Anderson playing well against him early in his freshman year.  WInslow is the far superior athlete, can drive to the basket, and is currently far better than Anderson defensively, though Anderson has potential on that end. Anderson is very raw and his ceiling is way lower. He failed to stand out as Virginia's alpha dog, while Winslow made a great name for himself as a freshman with two top-5 recruits on his team. Winslow has the potential to be a two-way star, Anderson at best is a role player.
To be fair Anderson made quite an impression before the injury. He was the leader and best player on what was for a time the second best team in the country. In fact pre-injury Anderson and march madness Winslow were pretty similar in terms of their effect on the games.

Anderson projects as a prototypical 3 & d wing.  Winslow could be a superstar. Winslow could well be the best player in this draft.

If Anderson can diversify his offense he could be a huge steal in this draft.

For me Winslow is the #3 prospect in the class. Anderson is probably around 20
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 03:47:44 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
Anderson missed a few games this year with an injury therefore all these he is not better may be called into question.  He missed games from 2/11 to 3/7 fractures pinkie and appendectomy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2357742-justin-anderson-injury-updates-on-virginia-stars-hand-and-return

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12428158/justin-anderson-virginia-cavaliers-appendectomy

Knowing this fact, tempers my opinion that they are closer than people think.  His stats were better up to that point and he did not have an Okafor to draw people off him.

this is the unknown part

However we do know that Anderson more than held his own vs Winslow when they met this past season.

Let's be real here, these are vast exaggerations. Anderson being injured doesn't mean he's as good as Winslow. Neither does Anderson playing well against him early in his freshman year.  WInslow is the far superior athlete, can drive to the basket, and is currently far better than Anderson defensively, though Anderson has potential on that end. Anderson is very raw and his ceiling is way lower. He failed to stand out as Virginia's alpha dog, while Winslow made a great name for himself as a freshman with two top-5 recruits on his team. Winslow has the potential to be a two-way star, Anderson at best is a role player.
To be fair Anderson made quite an impression before the injury. He was the leader and best player on what was for a time the second best team in the country. In fact pre-injury Anderson and march madness Winslow were pretty similar in terms of their effect on the games.

Anderson projects as a prototypical 3 & d wing.  Winslow could be a superstar. Winslow could well be the best player in this draft.

If Anderson can diversify his offense he could be a huge steal in this draft.

For me Winslow is the #3 prospect in the class. Anderson is probably around 20

That's definitely fair
DKC Suns

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 04:01:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

this is the unknown part

how are you defining better athlete?

Anderson smashed many of the drill tests.  Leaping, agility, sprint. 

You keep choosing to ignore the fact the Anderson neutralized Winslow when they met this past season. 

I do agree Winslow is better , bc he has proven he is. Especially at an earlier age. But does not mean Anderson is a finished product.   The thing i find incorrect is that Winslow is a better athlete.  Anderson is a higher leaper, and killed the other drill tests.  Winslow did not participate. I doubt his max vertical is 43 inches

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2015, 04:25:28 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Only saw Anderson once or twice this year what I do remember was thinking that he reminded me of a more athletic, if less crafty Joe Johnson.

I never got to see young Joe Johnson when he was on the Celtics. Would that comp hold any water?

This guy can barely dribble, let alone pass anything like Joe can, and Anderson looks like he has no midrange nor post game, either.  The guy might very well turn into a good player, but we have enough 3 and D guys, and the league is full of them, anyway.  What we need is someone who can actually create his own shot, like Harvey, or anchor our defense, at the minimum, like Upshaw.  I also think that taking him at 16 is simply way too early. 

In fairness, I wasn't watching the Celtics when Joe was there, but this is the only clip of him that I could find.  I really don't see any comparison, to be honest with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMTHf-Adj1I

Outstanding block by Pierce, btw.  Jordan showed how much smarter he was than Paul in this game, but still, no one's blocked MJ's shot like that since Reggie Lewis.

Ya I suppose it was a stretch to say the least. They do have similar physical profiles
-Today's Joe Johnson 6'7 240 -Justin Anderson 6'6 227- and again only saw him play once but thought he was getting to his spots on the court,  but yeah he's probably closer to Paul George than Joe Johnson.

TP for the video that was entertaining.

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2015, 05:03:54 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

this is the unknown part

You keep choosing to ignore the fact the Anderson neutralized Winslow when they met this past season. 

I do agree Winslow is better , bc he has proven he is. Especially at an earlier age. But does not mean Anderson is a finished product.   The thing i find incorrect is that Winslow is a better athlete.  Anderson is a higher leaper, and killed the other drill tests.  Winslow did not participate. I doubt his max vertical is 43 inches

Watch them both play. Winslow is clearly quicker, faster, and stronger. I'm also not sure how you can say that Anderson neutralized him. Winslow had 15 points and 11 rebounds on 7-16 shooting.
DKC Suns

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 07:04:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

this is the unknown part

Watch them both play. Winslow is clearly quicker, faster, and stronger. I'm also not sure how you can say that Anderson neutralized him. Winslow had 15 points and 11 rebounds on 7-16 shooting.

Then what did winslow dominate him??

If you watch the draftexpress clip , winslow did most of hos damage when anderson sat down.

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2015, 08:14:53 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Winslow made a great name for himself as a freshman with two top-5 recruits on his team. Winslow has the potential to be a two-way star, Anderson at best is a role player.

Such hyperbole Rondowshow, since when was 12 PPG standing out?    It was Okafor 's team all year, and the Tyus Jones was the man in the finals.  At best he was the third best player on the team the majority of the time.   Your revising their basketball history or only seeing what you choose to do so.   

Easier to score if you talent and the other team's defense is opting to cover your C or your PG.  If anything Winslow had it easier.

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2015, 04:20:48 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
If they played ten times...I say Winslow wins 6 out of 10.

That's how close it is.

« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 05:09:36 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Anderson... he came out to ball at the combine to try to feed his family... while Winslow was too scared to try to raise his stock.

« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2015, 05:13:37 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I really wish we could trade 28 and 45 and try to get Anderson in the pick 19-22 range.

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2015, 05:14:49 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
nm

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2015, 06:58:57 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
I love Anderson, but the biggest difference is the age. If Anderson were Winslow's age he'd be a high lottery pick. That said, I'm on board adding Anderson. His 45% from 3's (with a large sample size of 104 attempts in 26 games), combined with his size, athleticism, length, and defense makes him a potentially  great 3 and D guy.
I agree with this statement.

Since I am a very active day dreamer, wouldn't it be nice to trade KO to TOR for Caboclo and their pick and then choose Anderson.lol

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2015, 09:55:12 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Only saw Anderson once or twice this year what I do remember was thinking that he reminded me of a more athletic, if less crafty Joe Johnson.

I never got to see young Joe Johnson when he was on the Celtics. Would that comp hold any water?

This guy can barely dribble, let alone pass anything like Joe can, and Anderson looks like he has no midrange nor post game, either.  The guy might very well turn into a good player, but we have enough 3 and D guys, and the league is full of them, anyway.  What we need is someone who can actually create his own shot, like Harvey, or anchor our defense, at the minimum, like Upshaw.  I also think that taking him at 16 is simply way too early. 

In fairness, I wasn't watching the Celtics when Joe was there, but this is the only clip of him that I could find.  I really don't see any comparison, to be honest with you.

Outstanding block by Pierce, btw.  Jordan showed how much smarter he was than Paul in this game, but still, no one's blocked MJ's shot like that since Reggie Lewis.

Ya I suppose it was a stretch to say the least. They do have similar physical profiles
-Today's Joe Johnson 6'7 240 -Justin Anderson 6'6 227- and again only saw him play once but thought he was getting to his spots on the court,  but yeah he's probably closer to Paul George than Joe Johnson.

Makes me think.  Why the hell did we get rid of Joe Johnson again?  That move still makes no sense to me.  He was a top 10 pick and the heir apparent to the SG position.

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2015, 10:35:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Makes me think.  Why the hell did we get rid of Joe Johnson again?  That move still makes no sense to me.  He was a top 10 pick and the heir apparent to the SG position.

for Rodney Rogers don't you remember

We already had Pierce and the Celt org didn't think Johnson had a position with the team

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2015, 10:41:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
plus, the celtics had kedrick "the human pogo stick" brown, whom they thought would be the better of the two.  ::)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva