Author Topic: Justin Anderson vs Justise Winslow  (Read 11380 times)

Re: Justin Anderson vs Justise Winslow
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 10:33:54 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
I'd be very upset if we reached for Anderson at 16

Ditto.

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »

Offline birdman33

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
Both have shooting issues. Winslow reminds me or Corey Magette

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2015, 11:07:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To me they are not remotely similar prospects. Anderson looks like a solid 3&D guy, but DX lists "creating offense" and "feel for the game" as weaknesses, and his athleticism is solid but not great. Winslow is extremely athletic (if you don't believe this, go find the clip of him jumping over another player and getting the block), and he also dominated offensively with his very good feel for the game, awesome footwork at the rim and great first step to go with better-than-advertised shooting.

You know Anderson posted the second highest max vertical leap right? 43 inches . That is crazy high

Anderson and Winslow faced off against each other earlier this year. It was like a draw pretty much. Winslow had trouble scoring against Anderson and vice versa

His vertical leap is a bit suspect, since his standing reach is significantly (like, 8 inches) shorter than other players his size.  No doubt he's athletic, just not "43 inch vertical leap" athletic

I dunno. Looks close to me. That is high
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuKKyC51YHk

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2015, 11:10:40 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
To me they are not remotely similar prospects. Anderson looks like a solid 3&D guy, but DX lists "creating offense" and "feel for the game" as weaknesses, and his athleticism is solid but not great. Winslow is extremely athletic (if you don't believe this, go find the clip of him jumping over another player and getting the block), and he also dominated offensively with his very good feel for the game, awesome footwork at the rim and great first step to go with better-than-advertised shooting.

You know Anderson posted the second highest max vertical leap right? 43 inches . That is crazy high

Anderson and Winslow faced off against each other earlier this year. It was like a draw pretty much. Winslow had trouble scoring against Anderson and vice versa

His vertical leap is a bit suspect, since his standing reach is significantly (like, 8 inches) shorter than other players his size.  No doubt he's athletic, just not "43 inch vertical leap" athletic

Are you sure it's Anderson with the faulty standing reach? I believe that was connaughton? Could have been both I guess
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2015, 11:43:35 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Are you sure it's Anderson with the faulty standing reach? I believe that was connaughton? Could have been both I guess

You may be right about that, but I'm still a little suspicious of it
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 12:25:07 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Winslow is worlds ahead of Anderson. Winslow is an overall playmaker and has an incredible feel in the open court.
Anderson's improved 3 point shot is one of the most beautiful strokes I've seen from a college player, like a left handed JJ Redick with more athletisicm.
I think a guy like this you'd have to hope you could turn into a spot up shooting guard ala JJ Redick but he'd be a potentially great/game changing defender ala Jimmy Butler. He's got a long way to go though.

Anderson is someone who I'd hope I could get at #28 and if not, move on.

But yeah, Winslow> Anderson.
Winslow has All Star potential. Anderson does not.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 12:37:42 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Winslow is worlds ahead of Anderson. Winslow is an overall playmaker and has an incredible feel in the open court.
Anderson's improved 3 point shot is one of the most beautiful strokes I've seen from a college player, like a left handed JJ Redick with more athletisicm.
I think a guy like this you'd have to hope you could turn into a spot up shooting guard ala JJ Redick but he'd be a potentially great/game changing defender ala Jimmy Butler. He's got a long way to go though.

Anderson is someone who I'd hope I could get at #28 and if not, move on.

But yeah, Winslow> Anderson.
Winslow has All Star potential. Anderson does not.

I agree. And Winslow is a better rebounder.  Higher IQ

That is why Anderson is not going in the top 10 and Winslow is.   

But Anderson is a solid defender. Versatile. Good 3 pt shooter (a big thing now in the nba).   From a physical standpoint would be one of the more explosive , strong 6'6" forwards in the NBA

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 12:40:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
For teams like the Hawks, Spurs a guy like Anderson would be an amazing pick

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 12:57:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson said he is tentatively scheduled to work out for the #Celtics on June 1. #Celticstalk

Looks like Danny and Staff want Anderson vs RJH show. Should be good

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 02:31:57 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Hope that turner falls at the 11-14 range so that we can get him with 16 and 1-2 second rounders... hope upshaw is available at 28... do not want a small forward in this draft...

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 11:16:11 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Anderson max vertical jump was 43 inches
His standing vertical leap was 38

His standing vertical leap is higher than alot of guys Max vertical leap. 

« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 11:30:10 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 11:56:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Anderson missed a few games this year with an injury therefore all these he is not better may be called into question.  He missed games from 2/11 to 3/7 fractures pinkie and appendectomy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2357742-justin-anderson-injury-updates-on-virginia-stars-hand-and-return

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12428158/justin-anderson-virginia-cavaliers-appendectomy

Knowing this fact, tempers my opinion that they are closer than people think.  His stats were better up to that point and he did not have an Okafor to draw people off him.

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 12:46:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Anderson missed a few games this year with an injury therefore all these he is not better may be called into question.  He missed games from 2/11 to 3/7 fractures pinkie and appendectomy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2357742-justin-anderson-injury-updates-on-virginia-stars-hand-and-return

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12428158/justin-anderson-virginia-cavaliers-appendectomy

Knowing this fact, tempers my opinion that they are closer than people think.  His stats were better up to that point and he did not have an Okafor to draw people off him.

exactly.  Not likely Winslow could of done any better in place of Anderson

this is the unknown part

However we do know that Anderson more than held his own vs Winslow when they met this past season.

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em

exactly.  Not likely Winslow could of done any better in place of Anderson

this is the unknown part

However we do know that Anderson more than held his own vs Winslow when they met this past season.

Let's be real here, these are vast exaggerations. Anderson being injured doesn't mean he's as good as Winslow. Neither does Anderson playing well against him early in his freshman year.  WInslow is the far superior athlete, can drive to the basket, and is currently far better than Anderson defensively, though Anderson has potential on that end. Anderson is very raw and his ceiling is way lower. He failed to stand out as Virginia's alpha dog, while Winslow made a great name for himself as a freshman with two top-5 recruits on his team. Winslow has the potential to be a two-way star, Anderson at best is a role player.
DKC Suns