Author Topic: Justin Anderson vs Justise Winslow  (Read 11383 times)

Justin Anderson vs Justise Winslow
« on: May 15, 2015, 04:06:41 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
These guys seem comparable in many ways. Winslow is better overall but Anderson can jump higher. Both are like 6'6" tanks with 6'11 wingspan 220 pounds. Can really shoot, play D. 

If Danny really wants Winslow  but cant move up I wonder if he would reach for Anderson at 16. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DynNLqxo1ZM

Re: Justin Anderson vs Justise Winslow
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 05:31:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
These guys seem comparable in many ways. Winslow is better overall but Anderson can jump higher. Both are like 6'6" tanks with 6'11 wingspan 220 pounds. Can really shoot, play D. 

If Danny really wants Winslow  but cant move up I wonder if he would reach for Anderson at 16. 

we don't want any tanks around here. that is a really divisive issue for the fan base.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 05:43:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I love Anderson, but the biggest difference is the age. If Anderson were Winslow's age he'd be a high lottery pick. That said, I'm on board adding Anderson. His 45% from 3's (with a large sample size of 104 attempts in 26 games), combined with his size, athleticism, length, and defense makes him a potentially  great 3 and D guy.

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 06:48:10 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Only saw Anderson once or twice this year what I do remember was thinking that he reminded me of a more athletic, if less crafty Joe Johnson.

I never got to see young Joe Johnson when he was on the Celtics. Would that comp hold any water?

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:15:11 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
To me they are not remotely similar prospects. Anderson looks like a solid 3&D guy, but DX lists "creating offense" and "feel for the game" as weaknesses, and his athleticism is solid but not great. Winslow is extremely athletic (if you don't believe this, go find the clip of him jumping over another player and getting the block), and he also dominated offensively with his very good feel for the game, awesome footwork at the rim and great first step to go with better-than-advertised shooting.

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:17:47 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Like him a lot...but 16 is too high for my taste.

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 07:41:32 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
To me they are not remotely similar prospects. Anderson looks like a solid 3&D guy, but DX lists "creating offense" and "feel for the game" as weaknesses, and his athleticism is solid but not great. Winslow is extremely athletic (if you don't believe this, go find the clip of him jumping over another player and getting the block), and he also dominated offensively with his very good feel for the game, awesome footwork at the rim and great first step to go with better-than-advertised shooting.

You know Anderson posted the second highest max vertical leap right? 43 inches . That is crazy high

Anderson and Winslow faced off against each other earlier this year. It was like a draw pretty much. Winslow had trouble scoring against Anderson and vice versa

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 08:00:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Both are NBA ready prospects. Winslow and Anderson play similar jack of trade games, with the key difference Winslow is better in transition and is more athletic. While Anderson has the higher vertical, I still think Anderson is an underrated prospect due to his age. He's 21, and will be 22 this year, but I still think any team that wants NBA ready small forwards, Anderson, Winslow, and Rondae Hollis are perfect fits for any team.

What they offer in their skill sets are incredibly valuable to have at any team, especially defensively.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:14:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Both are NBA ready prospects. Winslow and Anderson play similar jack of trade games, with the key difference Winslow is better in transition and is more athletic. While Anderson has the higher vertical, I still think Anderson is an underrated prospect due to his age. He's 21, and will be 22 this year, but I still think any team that wants NBA ready small forwards, Anderson, Winslow, and Rondae Hollis are perfect fits for any team.

What they offer in their skill sets are incredibly valuable to have at any team, especially defensively.

+1

That is why the Celts have Anderson lined up for a workout right after the interviews etc.

CBS won't have to do alot to teach Anderson the basics.  Or how to play hard etc.  Anderson is a mature player that can really shoot the 3.

DAnny has stated that he is going to offer Crowder a qualifying offer. But has not said the team wants to lock him up long term

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2015, 08:50:43 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Only saw Anderson once or twice this year what I do remember was thinking that he reminded me of a more athletic, if less crafty Joe Johnson.

I never got to see young Joe Johnson when he was on the Celtics. Would that comp hold any water?

This guy can barely dribble, let alone pass anything like Joe can, and Anderson looks like he has no midrange nor post game, either.  The guy might very well turn into a good player, but we have enough 3 and D guys, and the league is full of them, anyway.  What we need is someone who can actually create his own shot, like Harvey, or anchor our defense, at the minimum, like Upshaw.  I also think that taking him at 16 is simply way too early. 

In fairness, I wasn't watching the Celtics when Joe was there, but this is the only clip of him that I could find.  I really don't see any comparison, to be honest with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMTHf-Adj1I

Outstanding block by Pierce, btw.  Jordan showed how much smarter he was than Paul in this game, but still, no one's blocked MJ's shot like that since Reggie Lewis. 

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »

Offline The Rondo Show

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 364
  • Hook 'Em
I'd be very upset if we reached for Anderson at 16
DKC Suns

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2015, 09:28:20 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

we don't want any tanks around here. that is a really divisive issue for the fan base.
hee, hee. cute enough for a tp.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2015, 09:29:25 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Triboy I prefer your other idea of Booker at 16, if Booker is taken then I would consider taking Anderson but there are other players I would prefer (like Upshaw).
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 09:49:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Triboy I prefer your other idea of Booker at 16, if Booker is taken then I would consider taking Anderson but there are other players I would prefer (like Upshaw).

Celts fan i'm not stating that we need to get Anderson at 16. But there seems to be high interest by Danny and company.  My thinking is that they like Winslow and if they can't get him they can come out with a similar kind of player.   Both of these guys are good at defense , knocking down jumpers and able to cause trouble underneath the basket due to strength/explosiveness/length.

Definitely if Upshaw is there at 16, i would consider to pick him. Depending on how workouts/interviews go with Wood, the same.   Our biggest need is manpower upfront

But if these guys are not high on Danny's list for whatever, i can see Booker/Anderson as the next guys considered at 16.  Booker is a good shooter, tenacious defender, very young but he is not the athlete anderson is.   

Danny can also wait to draft a big guy later in the draft. For example Christmas, Dakari Johnson.   

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 10:12:18 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

You know Anderson posted the second highest max vertical leap right? 43 inches . That is crazy high

Anderson and Winslow faced off against each other earlier this year. It was like a draw pretty much. Winslow had trouble scoring against Anderson and vice versa

His vertical leap is a bit suspect, since his standing reach is significantly (like, 8 inches) shorter than other players his size.  No doubt he's athletic, just not "43 inch vertical leap" athletic
I'm bitter.