Who would win today? Jordan or Lebron

Jordan (age 52)
17 (43.6%)
Lebron (age 30)
22 (56.4%)
Unsure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Latest Lebron versus Jordan poll  (Read 5443 times)

Re: Latest Lebron versus Jordan poll
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2015, 02:30:50 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Lebron at 30 would beat Jordan at 52 but Jordan at 32 would beat Lebron at 10. Just thought I'd throw that out there  ;D

(PS: there was an interview given by Artest a long time ago where they asked him, among Kobe, Lebron and Jordan, who was the toughest player he had to guard. He answered Jordan and dropped an interesting line, and i quote, "Jordan's just as strong as Lebron".)

All Artest is saying that is that he could just as easily body slam LeBron and break his ribs just as easily as he did to Jordan.  ;)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2015, 02:33:26 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Was Jordan still the best player in the game in his final year as a Wizard? Was he even close? No?  Then why is it even a discussion whether or not he'd beat a top 3 player in his prime at 50?

Jordan is a legend in every sense of the word. When you hear people talk about him you'd think he could never be beaten (despite suffering numerous losses early on in his career, just like LBJ).

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2015, 02:50:58 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Well, one thing I'd say is that even if the question was about each player being in his prime, it's still a very different question than who was the better player in an actual basketball game. 

One on one, I might give the advantage to LeBron, who could certainly beat up Jordan quite a bit with his strength.  And I'm not so sure that Jordan could actually out-quick James. 

But considering who you'd actually want to have on your team in a seven game series, I think you take MJ every time (as well as a host of other players) over LeBron. 

LeBron has had an impressive career, but he consistently came up short in Cleveland and it really took until he didn't have to "the man" on the team in Miami for him to win a title (not that Wade was better, but Wade still might end up taking the last shot in a big game). 

« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2015, 02:59:10 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Here's something to consider, though.

Julius Erving is reportedly able to STILL dunk at age 65.

Michael Jordan, at 13 years his junior? Vs LeBron?

I think this would be closer than most think, seriously.

No it wouldn't
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2015, 03:36:33 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Here's something to consider, though.

Julius Erving is reportedly able to STILL dunk at age 65.

Michael Jordan, at 13 years his junior? Vs LeBron?

I think this would be closer than most think, seriously.

No it wouldn't

Well, the polls are nearly split, for what its worth, lol.

Sure, the poll is ridiculous, but tell that to MJ.

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2015, 08:42:43 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd be more interested in watching the guy who referees the game. Seeing that you're not allowed to call a foul on either player.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2015, 09:15:13 AM »

Offline GC003332

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 62
Does a 52 year old Carl Lewis beat a 30 year old Usain Bolt, Does a 52 year old Ali beat a 30 year old Frazier? Does a 52 year old Joe Montana run a NFL offence as well as a 30 year old Tom Brady?
Does a 52 year old Steffi Graf beat a 30 year old Serena Williams?

Just insulting to Lebron that anyone would vote for Jordan , the media brain washing is real people. ::)