Who would win today? Jordan or Lebron

Jordan (age 52)
17 (43.6%)
Lebron (age 30)
22 (56.4%)
Unsure
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Author Topic: Latest Lebron versus Jordan poll  (Read 5442 times)

Latest Lebron versus Jordan poll
« on: May 14, 2015, 06:01:06 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
In a recent poll, fans were asked a bunch of questions about the NBA and their favorite players. One of the interesting question was who would win in a 1 on 1 game between a 52 year old Jordan and current day Lebron. 34% thought Jordan could still beat him while 12% were undecided. What does everyone else think?

Full story:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-05-14/lebron-james-michael-jordan-debate-nba-poll-right-now

Re: Latest Lebron versus Jordan poll
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
In the 52-year-old Jordan vs. Current Day LeBron matchup, does LeBron have one hand tied behind his back?

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 06:10:13 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
James Young would probably beat Jordan one-on-one right now, so ya I think LeBron would beat him.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 06:12:59 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
In a recent poll, fans were asked a bunch of questions about the NBA and their favorite players. One of the interesting question was who would win in a 1 on 1 game between a 52 year old Jordan and current day Lebron. 34% thought Jordan could still beat him while 12% were undecided. What does everyone else think?

Full story:
http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2015-05-14/lebron-james-michael-jordan-debate-nba-poll-right-now

Jordan was crazy and obsessed about being better than anyone and winning from the start. Lebron has developed that mindset and he is very impressive now, but he wasn´t like that until now. I´d still like to be like Mike rather than Lebron.

Ofcourse Lebron would win this matchup now, but 72 year old Jordan would beat 50 year old James.

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
it seems a lot closer than people would guess I suppose. Perhaps Jordan having the weight advantage and ability bully Lebron on the post. Although a lot of these comments were made in Jest, I wouldn't casually say James Young could. He did beat Michael Kidd Gilchrist not too long ago

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/15/michael-jordan-beat-kidd-gilchrist-charlotte-bobcats-nba/1924059/

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 06:34:53 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
it seems a lot closer than people would guess I suppose. Perhaps Jordan having the weight advantage and ability bully Lebron on the post. Although a lot of these comments were made in Jest, I wouldn't casually say James Young could. He did beat Michael Kidd Gilchrist not too long ago

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/02/15/michael-jordan-beat-kidd-gilchrist-charlotte-bobcats-nba/1924059/

Personally, I'm very, very skeptical of that Kidd-Gilchrist game (though if anybody has more details I'd love to hear them).

I know Jordan's competitive, but he's also pretty much an evil genius.  And when you're that competitive, usually your evil tactics increase to compensate for your declining abilities.  Did he challenge MKG after a grueling 2 hour practice?  What did they play to?  How many rules favored Jordan (Who got ball first? Winner's out? No Posting up?)  I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan challenge him after practice, score quick before MKG even realized they were actually playing, then Jordan says "game's to 3 (or 5, something short), I have to golf in 20 minutes" (some excuse for it to be quick with no rematch)...

Plus unless this was the first day of training camp and MKG comes in as a naive college kid, he might have learned not to show up the boss under any circumstance.

If it was legit, I think we would have heard of the re-matches, something along the lines of not only did Jordan beat him, but he beat him everyday before and after practice for a week just to prove his dominance.  When I hear only about one game, I think Jordan either hustled him or he chose not to show up the boss.

Of course those are all just theories, maybe Jordan did whoop him legit, my money is still on James Young though.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 06:41:19 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Personally, I'm very, very skeptical of that Kidd-Gilchrist game (though if anybody has more details I'd love to hear them).

I know Jordan's competitive, but he's also pretty much an evil genius.  And when you're that competitive, usually your evil tactics increase to compensate for your declining abilities.  Did he challenge MKG after a grueling 2 hour practice?  What did they play to?  How many rules favored Jordan (Who got ball first? Winner's out? No Posting up?)  I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan challenge him after practice, score quick before MKG even realized they were actually playing, then Jordan say games to 3 (or 5, something short), I have to golf in 20 minutes (some excuse for it to be quick with no rematch)...

Plus unless this was the first day of training camp and MKG comes in as a naive college kid, he might have learned not to show up the boss under any circumstance.

If it was legit, I think we would have heard of the re-matches, something along the lines of not only did Jordan beat him, but he beat him everyday before and after practice for a week just to prove his dominance.  When I hear only about one game, I think Jordan either hustled him or he chose not to show up the boss.

Of course those are all just theories, maybe Jordan did whoop him legit, my money is still on James Young though.

I couldn't find any more details on it unfortunately. He did have a quote that he didn't let Jordan beat him. I do think being his boss it probably wouldn't go over too well if MKG demanded a rematch and bragged about it when he won. That doesn't look good for either of them. It probably was just like a game to 7 or something (I think if it was to 3 nobody would really talk about it) and obviously the longer it went on the biggest advantage Jordan would have.

In this fun hypothetical world, it would be interesting to see a james young jordan game. I don't think either one could stop the other one from scoring.

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 06:52:36 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Full story:
Man I really should have read this more carefully.  I picked Jordan instinctively, but it's obviously LeBron.  LeBron would eat 52 year old Jordan alive.  My guess is anyone who said Jordan assumed we were talking about Jordan in his prime (like me).  Even then, 1 on 1, LeBron's size (6'9 250) would be a problem for Mike (6'6 220). 

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 06:53:24 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I think a more interesting question is current Jordan vs. current Kobe - I would love seeing Jordan school him, but of course if I had to bet it would be Kobe.

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 06:55:39 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think a more interesting question is current Jordan vs. current Kobe - I would love seeing Jordan school him, but of course if I had to bet it would be Kobe.
Meaning Kobe RIGHT NOW?  The Kobe who is recovering from surgery for his torn rotator cuff tear?  Yeah, Kobe RIGHT NOW still probably takes 52 year old Jordan.

Jordan in his prime vs Kobe in his prime?... Jordan eats him.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 07:10:14 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Full story:
Man I really should have read this more carefully.  I picked Jordan instinctively, but it's obviously LeBron.  LeBron would eat 52 year old Jordan alive.  My guess is anyone who said Jordan assumed we were talking about Jordan in his prime (like me).  Even then, 1 on 1, LeBron's size (6'9 250) would be a problem for Mike (6'6 220).

What if Lebron gets cramps and Jordan hogs all the gatorade?

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 07:11:23 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Who cares?

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 07:19:28 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Pit them in 2K and we'll see the results lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 07:22:55 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Meaning Kobe RIGHT NOW?  The Kobe who is recovering from surgery for his torn rotator cuff tear?  Yeah, Kobe RIGHT NOW still probably takes 52 year old Jordan.

Jordan in his prime vs Kobe in his prime?... Jordan eats him.

Kobe said himself he wanted to be like Mike. He did everything to be like Mike. Lebron is like "Mike who?".

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 07:29:23 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Lebron is bigger, faster, stronger, has a better outside shot, is more athletic, and has more endurance.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes