Author Topic: can you list 3 good shot blockers/rebounders that could shoot the three?  (Read 9770 times)

Offline Nikki8

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
If you go by tonight's game, Al Horford
That's the first person that came to my mind, he has looked very good from outside in this years playoffs

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If you go by tonight's game, Al Horford
That's the first person that came to my mind, he has looked very good from outside in this years playoffs
Um he is 2 for 8 in the playoffs from 3.  He shot just 36 three pointers this season, which more than doubled his career total.  Horford is not a three point shooter.

As I said in my previous post, the correct answer is Arvydas Sabonis.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Antetokounmpo is on his way to becoming exactly that. 
This season there was a regress in his 3p% but the reason is probably the sample is too small (0.5 3p attempts per game).

I wonder why Giannis hardly shot the three ball at all in his sophomore season after taking about 1.5 three point attempts per game in his rookie season and shooting at 35%?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
1. Ibaka
2. Draymond Green
3. KJ McDaniels
4. Josh SMith
5. Greek Freak
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

Offline kne

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
Why are we even having this debate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbASy-gLdjc

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
1. Ibaka
2. Draymond Green
3. KJ McDaniels
4. Josh SMith
5. Greek Freak

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
This season there was a regress in his 3p% but the reason is probably the sample is too small (0.5 3p attempts per game).

I wonder why Giannis hardly shot the three ball at all in his sophomore season after taking about 1.5 three point attempts per game in his rookie season and shooting at 35%?

Perhaps because it was more valuable to the team for him to penetrate and create space for his teammates that way.  Bucks improved a ton, so hard to argue with the results.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Perhaps because it was more valuable to the team for him to penetrate and create space for his teammates that way.  Bucks improved a ton, so hard to argue with the results.

Fair point.  I just think that if he were more of a threat from the perimeter, he'd be an even more dangerous player, and, thus be able to help the Bucks be even better than they were this year.

This doesn't mean that I don't want to see him continue to be a penetrator and a creator as well.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

That last line is not even close to the truth

Check out Hakeem's 2 championship runs
The first in 94 he arguably had the least amount of help to win a championship of a superstar ever.
That 95 run is one for the ages , had to win 4 straight series on the road and beat 3 power house western teams just to get to Orlando.
His impact on both sides of the ball was just amazing.
Don't even get started on MJ....

If you are going mention Hakeem at least research the numbers and put the here on display to show how they compare to what Lebron has been doing. Same with MJ. And if anything MJ played on one of the most stacked teams while he was winning. I dont need to remind you that his team without him in 94 went on to win 50+ games and make the East semis. Miami on the other hand just freaking missed PO without Lebron

ALso on a night to night basis for their Title run, MJs main responsibility was to defend and score. Thats it. Even on defense, the biggest perimeter responsibilities went to Pippen and so did majority of the  playmaking responsibility. The rebouding responsibility went to Horace Grant or Dennis Rodman. Ppl hold MJ as some sort of deity but truth be told he was easily one of the most fortunate superstars ever in terms of how things aligned for him at the perfect time.

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Raef in 2001-2002: 3.0 blocks and 43% from 3PT (1.5 makes per game)

Has anyone else ever reached 3 blocks and 40% with at least 1 make per game?

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Raef was 2.7 and 38.8% from three that year if you count the whole year not just his time in Denver.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

The first in 94 he arguably had the least amount of help to win a championship of a superstar ever.
That 95 run is one for the ages , had to win 4 straight series on the road and beat 3 power house western teams just to get to Orlando.

If you are going mention Hakeem at least research the numbers and put the here on display to show how they compare to what Lebron has been doing. Same with MJ. And if anything MJ played on one of the most stacked teams while he was winning. I dont need to remind you that his team without him in 94 went on to win 50+ games and make the East semis. Miami on the other hand just freaking missed PO without Lebron

ALso on a night to night basis for their Title run, MJs main responsibility was to defend and score. Thats it. Even on defense, the biggest perimeter responsibilities went to Pippen and so did majority of the  playmaking responsibility. The rebouding responsibility went to Horace Grant or Dennis Rodman. Ppl hold MJ as some sort of deity but truth be told he was easily one of the most fortunate superstars ever in terms of how things aligned for him at the perfect time.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline zubi.anaba

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11

Funny you went from posting a pic of Wilt and Russel to posting just a pic of Wilt!! Was really looking forward to how your were going to explain Russel's muti-faceted impact on every aspect of the game by averaging a career 15ppg and 4apg especially considering the pace of the game when he played.

Anyway I never included Wilt for the same reasons as above. Pace of the game when he played was significantly different and so was the competition. Regardless analyst have consistently said when you adjust numbers to account for pace of the game, Lebrons only statiscal equals in terms of impact on the game are MJ and Wilt!!! So once again the premise of my point is not far off.

I only went into deep analysis because we had a poster silly enough to compare the impact of Pierce and Wade to Lebron which I found incredibly comical

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Raef was 2.7 and 38.8% from three that year if you count the whole year not just his time in Denver.

Good catch. That said, 2.7 blocks and 38% -- anyone else ever done that, or even 2.5 / 35%?

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Funny you went from posting a pic of Wilt and Russel to posting just a pic of Wilt!! Was really looking forward to how your were going to explain Russel's muti-faceted impact on every aspect of the game by averaging a career 15ppg and 4apg especially considering the pace of the game when he played.

Anyway I never included Wilt for the same reasons as above. Pace of the game when he played was significantly different and so was the competition. Regardless analyst have consistently said when you adjust numbers to account for pace of the game, Lebrons only statiscal equals in terms of impact on the game are MJ and Wilt!!! So once again the premise of my point is not far off.

I only went into deep analysis because we had a poster silly enough to compare the impact of Pierce and Wade to Lebron which I found incredibly comical

Oh, yeah, I just posted a picture of Wilt and Russell laughing because A) I love that picture, and B) Wilt is just so far beyond anyone that it's silly to make statements like that.

I think comparing wade, LeBron, and Pierce is fair, since they're star wing players from the 2000's and 2010's. LeBron outshines all of them, though.