Author Topic: ESPN Mock Drafts  (Read 29769 times)

Re: ESPN Mock Drafts
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2015, 03:49:46 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
If Danny Ainge stays at #16, I could get on board with taking Booker, if the comparisons to Klay Thompson are at all reasonable.  I'd have a harder time getting on board with taking a point guard, but maybe it would make moving Bradley easier.

Lyles doesn't excite me.  RHJ has a broken jumper and Anderson and Upshaw seem like better picks in the 20-30 range.  Portis is redundant with Sullinger and Olynyk, but he might be a better two-way NBA player than either of them, so I'd be OK with that pick.

That's Goodman's mock, but I think Ford's is more realistic and he has the Hornets, who are starved for shooters, taking Booker at #9.

« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
If Danny Ainge stays at #16, I could get on board with taking Booker, if the comparisons to Klay Thompson are at all reasonable.  I'd have a harder time getting on board with taking a point guard, but maybe it would make moving Bradley easier.

Lyles doesn't excite me.  RHJ has a broken jumper and Anderson and Upshaw seem like better picks in the 20-30 range.  Portis is redundant with Sullinger and Olynyk, but he might be a better two-way NBA player than either of them, so I'd be OK with that pick.

That's Goodman's mock, but I think Ford's is more realistic and he has the Hornets, who are starved for shooters, taking Booker at #9.

I think Booker will go to Miami at 10.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2015, 03:58:39 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
More and more it feels to me like Portis will be the pick at 16 if the Celts stay there, although with Danny Ainge you can never rule out him selecting a score-first guard if Payne is available at that spot.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2015, 04:00:01 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I don't. Riley's clock is ticking and he's never been patient with picks. I think he either trades down (acquiring a veteran player in the process) or takes a more NBA ready type (Johnson, Payne, Kaminsky, etc.).

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2015, 09:44:42 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I don't. Riley's clock is ticking and he's never been patient with picks. I think he either trades down (acquiring a veteran player in the process) or takes a more NBA ready type (Johnson, Payne, Kaminsky, etc.).
valid point.  wouldn't mind moving AB for the #10 if WCS, Turner or Johnson are still there.  keep #16 if possible.  If #28 or #33 needed to make that deal happen, pull the trigger

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2015, 11:38:44 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
I'm not that excited about a wing player like RHJ who shoots 20% from 3-point distance.

« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2015, 07:11:44 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
A lot of the mocks have us taking yet another PF at 16.  Honestly, if he keeps the pick, I'm changing from wanting Wood to taking the flier on Upshaw. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2015, 07:52:20 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
A lot of the mocks have us taking yet another PF at 16.  Honestly, if he keeps the pick, I'm changing from wanting Wood to taking the flier on Upshaw. 

I'm beginning to feel the same way.  More interviews and workouts that Upshaw does I feel as if he'll become a hot property and he'll need to be taken with the 16 anyway.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2015, 09:06:12 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

valid point.  wouldn't mind moving AB for the #10 if WCS, Turner or Johnson are still there.  keep #16 if possible.  If #28 or #33 needed to make that deal happen, pull the trigger

How about this?

Boston
#10 pick
Ennis

For us...
We would need to have the Heat draft and subsequently sign whoever we tell them to select for us at #10 for cap purposes (see Wiggins to Wolves trade last year). After the player signs the rookie contract he can't be traded for 30 days.

Miami
Sullinger
Turner

For them...Win now mode for Miami. Sullinger and Turner are both capable of helping them out immediately. Sullinger can provide depth and insurance for Bosh and can be effective playing alongside Bosh or Whiteside. Turner can provide depth and insurance for both Wade and Deng, and can also run a lot of the second team offense, as Chalmers is better suited to play off the ball.

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2015, 11:49:29 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

How about this?

Boston
#10 pick
Ennis

For us...
We would need to have the Heat draft and subsequently sign whoever we tell them to select for us at #10 for cap purposes (see Wiggins to Wolves trade last year). After the player signs the rookie contract he can't be traded for 30 days.

Miami
Sullinger
Turner

For them...Win now mode for Miami. Sullinger and Turner are both capable of helping them out immediately. Sullinger can provide depth and insurance for Bosh and can be effective playing alongside Bosh or Whiteside. Turner can provide depth and insurance for both Wade and Deng, and can also run a lot of the second team offense, as Chalmers is better suited to play off the ball.
I think they would need the 16 back instead of the 28 and they potentially still might not do it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2015, 01:37:13 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

I've been thinking that some sort of deal around AB for #10 would make a lot of sense. AB is a great fit with Miami's guards and more NBA-ready than anyone they'd draft.

I have a feeling we'd have to give up #16 though. Maybe we could make it worth their while by giving up #28 and #33, but I doubt that.

« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2015, 01:43:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

How about this?

Boston
#10 pick
Ennis

For us...

Miami
Sullinger
Turner

I think they would need the 16 back instead of the 28 and they potentially still might not do it.

28 and 33rd and they might

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

How about this?

Boston
#10 pick
Ennis

For us...

Miami
Sullinger
Turner

28 and 33rd and they might
Why would they?  Neither Sully or Turner would start for the Heat.  They've already got McRoberts, Anderson and Haslem on the bench.  Sully and Turner are also in their last year of their contracts so the Heat might lose one or both after next season.  The Heat are going to be well over the luxury tax in order to re-sign Dragic so taking on an additional $5mil in salary would be quite costly for them.  The trade just doesn't improve the Heat's chances nearly enough next season to justify giving up the #10 pick.   

« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2015, 02:39:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

In the last few weeks I saw some past season Kentucky games.  Booker was streaky. Sometimes disappeared for long stretches.    He was good off the bench for Kentucky the whole season but does that mean he could start for a team in the NBA someday?   

Right now James Young has a higher ceiling

« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
More and more it feels to me like Portis will be the pick at 16 if the Celts stay there, although with Danny Ainge you can never rule out him selecting a score-first guard if Payne is available at that spot.
Not much choice but it may turn out well. Take Portis for themselves if he is there or take Payne/Grant for trade back with Rockets. Despite Portis' lack luster combine #s he is similar to Aldridge.
Aldridge vs Portis
Height:6'11 vs 6'10
Wingspan: 7'5 vs 7'2
Standing reach: 9'2 vs 9'1
Weight: 232 vs 246
B.Fat: 8.7 vs 8.9
No step vert: 27" vs 25"
Max Vert: 34" vs 32"
Max vert reach:12' vs 11'8
Agility: 12sec vs 11.7sec
Sprint: 3.47 vs 3.56

Both played 2 years of college ball
College final year
Aldridge 34mpg, 15pts, 56fg%, 65% FT, 10rebs, 2 blk
Portis 29mpg, 18pts, 53fg%, 73%FT, 9rebs, 1.2 blk

So Portis has more weight, better scorer, and more agile yet LA was taller and more explosive but not by much.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 03:04:21 PM by Csfan1984 »