Author Topic: My Cousins trade idea  (Read 7340 times)

My Cousins trade idea
« on: May 08, 2015, 02:02:34 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Ok obviously this all hinges on DMC being made available. If we get him the goal needs to be to compete right away. Picks are nice but if we get Cousins we are out of the draft and develop stages. I'd center the trade around guys we can lose and fill the rest in with picks.

Sully, KO, Young and however many picks it takes to get DMC.

We have all of our own and 2 Nets(plus the right to swap picks in 2017), 1 Mem, 1 Dal, 1 LaC, and 2 maybes from Minny and Philly. We also have a lot of second round picks.We have to keep a pick every other year but we could still give them up to 6 future firsts.

It gives us:

Cousins/Zeller
Bass/Jerebko
Turner/Crowder
AB/IT
Smart/Pressy

And because we can match or sign Crowder at the very end (only a 1 mil or so cap hold) we could still sign a max player.

We could further sweeten the deal for Sac if we knew what FAs we could get. For example if we knew we could get Pierce or Middleton we could add Turner into the trade.

Before you say I'm a "cock eyed optimist" remember i said this hinges on Cousins being made available. What other team could/would offer a better deal?

Re: My Cousins trade idea
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 02:45:03 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
We didn't get the Philly 1st this year so we're getting their 2nd rounder this year and next.  Your proposed team isn't that good for trading most of our assets for Cousins.  I think there are a number of teams (Philly, Twolves, Magic, Bulls, OKC ...) that could potentially meet or exceed your proposed offer.  It all depends on what teams are willing to give up and what the Kings want. 

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2015, 12:05:45 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
We didn't get the Philly 1st this year so we're getting their 2nd rounder this year and next.  Your proposed team isn't that good for trading most of our assets for Cousins.  I think there are a number of teams (Philly, Twolves, Magic, Bulls, OKC ...) that could potentially meet or exceed your proposed offer.  It all depends on what teams are willing to give up and what the Kings want.

You might be right all around.

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2015, 12:48:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Bass is gone, free agent.

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 10:43:14 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
We can resign him. The past 2 seasons have shown no one would give anything for him, the off season will show that no one will pay. Maybe Dallas.

But Ideally adding DMC while losing so little current talent would make us a destination for some top FA. PP would be another option at 4(If we could get DMC why not PP).

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 11:15:47 AM »

Offline GreenGoggles

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 76
It's not just about how valuable the assets are, it's also about what the Kings want. The Kings want a PG.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 01:45:21 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
It's not just about how valuable the assets are, it's also about what the Kings want. The Kings want a PG.

How do you know that?

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 02:05:39 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Smart has to be included for them to even consider the deal.  It'll be painful but i can part with smart if it nets us cousins

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 02:35:01 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182

How do you know that?

They were (stupidly) interested in trading for Deron Williams. They were also named as a team with interest in trading for Rondo when he was still in Boston.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 04:17:32 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
If Smart is to be included, none of the picks can be from this year since we'll have to replace him.  We still have a plethora of picks for them to choose from though. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4716912/bostons-pile-of-draft-picks
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 02:26:16 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
If Smart is to be included, none of the picks can be from this year since we'll have to replace him.  We still have a plethora of picks for them to choose from though. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4716912/bostons-pile-of-draft-picks

Why couldn't we send LA's pick?

Mike

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145

I don't think so. We can shift IT to the starting lineup and trade for (or FA sign) a backup PG. I think this is the kind of deal that upgrades your talent so much that you just do it and sort out the details later.

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »

Offline smiggity

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 3
The trade has to be Smart, Sullinger, Brooklyn 2016 first round pick (unprotected), and Brooklyn 2018 first round pick (unprotected). Those are arguably the Celtics' four best assets. Nothing less is getting it done. Nothing more is worth doing.

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2015, 02:30:34 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton

How do you know that?

They were (stupidly) interested in trading for Deron Williams. They were also named as a team with interest in trading for Rondo when he was still in Boston.

Yes, but what the Kings want changes if they decide to trade DMC. They were interested in Williams and Rondo to put with Cousins. If they at some point decide to trade DMC they are probably going to tank and might value picks over wins now which Smart might give them. And if they are taking a long term approach they might not even be good in time to keep Smart. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I don't think you have to look at it as trying to make the vale even. For example why would Sac want Sully? He would leave them in a year or they would over pay. We can give them 2 or 3 years worth of rebuilding in future picks.

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2015, 11:26:33 AM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7

How do you know that?

Yes, but what the Kings want changes if they decide to trade DMC. They were interested in Williams and Rondo to put with Cousins. If they at some point decide to trade DMC they are probably going to tank and might value picks over wins now which Smart might give them. And if they are taking a long term approach they might not even be good in time to keep Smart. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but I don't think you have to look at it as trying to make the vale even. For example why would Sac want Sully? He would leave them in a year or they would over pay. We can give them 2 or 3 years worth of rebuilding in future picks.

I don't think that is the direction George Karl would want, I think in the off chance Cousins is dealt it would be for pieces who could theoretically help the team now