Author Topic: Sacramento Sun Times writer gives trade idea that could get Cousins deal done  (Read 6184 times)

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78
Well, if Smart has to go in this package you know who we could bring back this summer, right?  ;D

You do realize if you say his name three times quickly that something bad is going to happen.

:D

Rak

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I highly doubt the Kings will trade Cousins with 3 years left on his contract.  They have some time to put pieces around him.  Maybe next year with 2 years remaining they start to panic if they are still a bad team.  It might be blessing for us as the cost him might come down a little with 2 years left then, some of our current players value might go up especially Smart, and we'll get a chance to see where our potential lottery picks land in the draft that could be more useful in a trade.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Any smart GM would be insisting on Smart and Young as part of any package for Cousins or an other star talent, if they felt forced to trade him.

I think Sacramento sees how Cousins and Karl get along, first, so I don't expect any serious Cousins trade negotiations until next trade deadline.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Would Bradley, Olynyk, Wallace, and four picks work?  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Well, if Smart has to go in this package you know who we could bring back this summer, right?  ;D

I totally hear what you're saying

Yup

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
I think it would benefit both teams to wait a year or at least until the trade deadline. Then we can see how the 2016 Brooklyn and Dallas picks are looking, we will have a little more time seeing our young players play, we will have drafted a couple more players, and Cousins will have more leverage.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
If that's all it takes to get DMC, than I don't see why we coudn't swap out Smart for IT and 2 picks, maybe getting a 3rd team to take IT.

But, yeah this would be one way where it would actually make sense to get Rondo back. Maybe the only way. We'd still have money to spend and lot of picks.

Cousins/Zeller
KO/Bass
Crowder/Jerebko
Turner/Young
Rondo/IT

But If we could really get that, lets get even more "cock eyed optimistic": (Whats that line from Shawshank, something like: you've followed me this far, why not go a little further)

Cousins/Zeller/Perk
Pierce/Bass/Jerebko
Crowder/Turner
Smart/AB
Rondo/IT

Boom.

I think if we could get that line up we could win the title next year. Trade up to: Sully, KO, Young and 5 or 6 first round and 5 or 6 second round picks for Cousins. Sign Rondo and Pierce and Perk. We would probably be front runners for Durrant or any other top FA next summer too as the cap increase would give us more money to play with.

Sully, KO, Young and 5 or 6 first round and 5 or 6 second round picks for Cousins. Thats a crazy high offer for one player right? I guess it is a lot of maybes. Well hopefully Cousins puts up a big stink after a 0-10 start and we can get him for a whole lot less. If we could just add him to our current team (maybe trading Wallace, filler and a lot of picks) imagine how good we could be next year. If we had him this year we would have given LBJ a real series.