Author Topic: Sacramento Sun Times writer gives trade idea that could get Cousins deal done  (Read 6181 times)

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
http://sacramento.suntimes.com/sac-sports/sacramento-kings/7/138/72455/boogie-cousins-trade-rumor/

So this was just published today.  Keep in mind, this idea is strictly just that, an idea.  There's no legit rumor of this.  But at least from what I've read and can remember, this is the first article I've seen from the Sacramento side of things that discusses the Cousins to Boston rumor, and the writer gives what he believes is a trade that could actually get the deal done...

Avery Bradley, Marcus Smart, Jared Sullinger, one of the Brooklyn picks, and the Dallas pick in exchange for Cousins.

If Smart wasn't in the deal, I wouldn't hesitate one bit...but including Smart makes me at least think about it longer.  If the Kings can include maybe one more piece that can legitimately contribute to the team, so not just some end of the bench scrub taking up salary, then I think I'd seriously consider it.  What do you think?

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
<pointing to Danny> sign here....

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I agree on the Smart part, but I don't hesitate. We just need to get that one 'superstar' on the team and I think Danny can build from there.

I also think we could pry away a guy like Stauskas, or at least Collison, to shore up our guard rotation. They are getting two starting types in return and already have a budding McLemore, it would only make sense for them.

I know it's hard to give up essentially our three best prospects (and two good picks), but getting a guy like Cousins would mean everything to our team...WAY more than Love.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
So the deal would be Smart, Bradley, Sullinger, the 2016 Mavs and Nets pick? I think I would do this deal, though I would be sad about it.

Ideally we could keep Smart and throw in two more firsts, but if giving up Smart is the only way to get Boogie, so be it.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
So the deal would be Smart, Bradley, Sullinger, the 2016 Mavs and Nets pick? I think I would do this deal, though I would be sad about it.

Ideally we could keep Smart and throw in two more firsts, but if giving up Smart is the only way to get Boogie, so be it.

If Marcus Smart is the "deal breaker" so to speak...man it'd be tough to let go, because I've said for awhile that he has the potential to be [dang] good in this league in only a few more years.  But ultimately, gun to the head, I think I do it.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I would do it. A lot of celtics fans would be up in arms, but I would certainly do it.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I'd really try to make it so I didn't give up Smart or Olynyk in a deal, but I'd try to move just about anything else.

I just believe in Smart and want him around and Olynyk would fit perfectly next to Cousins.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
I'd really try to make it so I didn't give up Smart or Olynyk in a deal, but I'd try to move just about anything else.

I just believe in Smart and want him around and Olynyk would fit perfectly next to Cousins.

agreed! and then have Zeller as a back up C!!!

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
BTW - good article find...got a TP for that!

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Hey , if we keep KO and get Cousins, then we would have two legit thugs in our front line ;D

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Ya'll know I love AB, like really but I would do this deal because I'm a Celtics fan above all else. I mean, I will cry and be sad for a while but I would get over it. :(
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
Note to Roy H. - I think this is front-page news worthy.... A rumor about Cousins to Bos that ISN'T from the Boston media.

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
So before picks and FA signings we'd have a starting line up of:
It
Turner
Crowder
Oly
Cousins

With young and Zeller off the bench.
That's not very frightening. We would need a pg, big time wing and competent 4.
Maybe we resign bass or Jerebko but we'd need to make a big splash in FA to give this team a  chance.

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
So before picks and FA signings we'd have a starting line up of:
It
Turner
Crowder
Oly
Cousins

With young and Zeller off the bench.
That's not very frightening. We would need a pg, big time wing and competent 4.
Maybe we resign bass or Jerebko but we'd need to make a big splash in FA to give this team a  chance.

Maybe Draft Tyus Jones as a Back up PG

Btw I am enamored with Christian Wood, PICK HIM

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
There is no way that package is good enough to get Cousins.

Any package for DMC is going to likely need at least one probable top 5 pick. That is in addition to a high level prospect (i.e. Marcus Smart). I don't we think we have any pick that is likely to be in the top 5, so I don't see Boston as a realistic trade partner with Sacramento.