Author Topic: Woj: Cavs have legitimate fear Kevin Love will walk this summer  (Read 12656 times)

Re: Woj: Cavs have legitimate fear Kevin Love will walk this summer
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2015, 01:52:57 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I would keep Shump next year at 2+ million than JR at 10 in a NY second. More consistent offensively and can't even compare when it comes to defense, energy, and not hurting other players/suspensions every year come playoff time.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2015, 04:02:36 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Makes me think that Ainge making a Big Draft day trade is SO important to the C's...If he uses a bunch of his Chips, to significantly improve our roster PRIOR to the start of Free Agency---than He'll be in a much better place, making offers.
The Cousins thing doesn't seem plausible to me, but hypothetically would you dramatically overpay for Carmelo Anthony if it would give you a better shot at Kevin Love?  Let's assume the Knicks land a stud in this draft and Phil decides he wants to just build around youth.

For instance, if the price for Melo was Wallace's 10 mil expiring + Bradley's 7 mil + Marcus Smart + Sully + #16 + #28 + Brooklyn's 2016...   But it ensured that you'd be able to lure Kevin Love... and then use Thomas + Turner + picks to trade for Ty Lawson... you'd have something like this on the books

PG - Lawson - 12.4 mil
SG - Young? Lol - 1.7 mil
SF - Melo - 22.8 mil
PF - Love - 20 mil?
C - Zeller - 2.6 mil
6th - Olynyk - 2 mil

I think we'd have another 5 mil in cap space to hopefully bring Paul Pierce home on an opt-out...  Fill out the rest of the roster with min level players (KG's staying in Minny for the long-haul, but offer him the vet min out of respect).    Instead of only having 5 mil left, I'm alternatively not not opposed to dumping the salary of Zeller + Olynyk (for future picks) and having another 9ish mil to offer a guy like Omer Asik.   That number might even be higher if we sign Kevin Love for less than 20 mil.

Sure, that team probably doesn't win a title, but then a year later we'd have 25 mil in cap space to add to Lawson, Melo and Love...  then a year later you'd have another 20 mil in cap space to add even more talent.  Welcome to salary cap crazy-town.  Best take a swing immediately so you aren't left in the dust when the megateams start forming.

If it was the only way to get Love, I probably still wouldn't do it. Anthony is on the wrong side of 30, he's way too ball-dominant for CBS and were still left with a gaping hole at the 5.

I get that you don't see much value in any of our assets, but jeez. Bradley, Smart, Sullinger, Wallace, our two picks this year and the 16 Brooklyn pick?! Maybe 5 years ago, but not now. That's maybe even too much for Cousins, who is a better player on a good value contract and he's still young.

We can put together a fair, competitive offer for DMC, that's not really the question. The question is whether or not SAC will be willing to trade him. Your right on this though, it seems pretty clear DA will be super aggressive this summer, knowing the cap spike is going to change the landscape.

Still, my gut tells me Love opts out. He's too young and not wired to play the Bosh role, and from everything I've read, which is a fair amount at this point, He just hasn't been comfortable in Cleveland all year. With Blatt, LeBron, the Bronettes, just about everything. It won't shock me if he resigns in Cleveland, even on a one year deal, but I'm expecting an opt out. Regardless of his history with Lebron, Woj is privy to the workings of Love's inner circle. He's considering leaving, and Boston is at the top of the list. That part is true. I think for the first 3 games of that series he was looking across the court and thinking "Man, that team and the coach would be a perfect for me." I just hope the Olynyk thing blows over.

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2015, 04:04:35 AM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Do the Celtics have chance of getting him with all that happened?

I hope not.
I think this is going to be one of those things that some fans look back on and feel rather silly. 

Yep, the pro-Love crowd.
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2015, 05:46:32 AM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Keep on trolling, Woj.

why do we think this is trolling?

Woj often appears partial against LeBron. Going after a key piece to his dynasty is no surprise.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2015, 06:00:30 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Interesting tidbit in Woj's latest column (which illustrates Roy's point about Woj's well-known disdain for LeBron) :

Love rejoined the Cavaliers on Wednesday, after he had stayed away from Game 1. Boston Celtics forward Kelly Olynyk and his representatives have continued to deliver word to Love and people close to him that Olynyk wants to privately apologize to him, sources told Yahoo Sports. Olynyk wants to tell Love personally that he never intended to injure him in Game 4 of that series, that he's sorry for the shoulder surgery that'll cost Love six months.

Strangely, Love continues to rebuff Olynyk. He isn't interested in the call, refusing to ease Olynyk's guilt. For now, Love is a spectator to this Cavaliers playoff run, a player who is probably more missed on these Cavaliers now than he had ever been appreciated this season.

[...]

No one's sure, including Love, whether he'll ever wear a Cavaliers uniform again. If he leaves for free agency, that'll be another fascinating occurrence of blame within Cleveland. Love has never felt fully integrated, nor compatible, with the group. James wanted him, and it's incumbent on him to make it work.

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2015, 07:41:31 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Interesting tidbit in Woj's latest column (which illustrates Roy's point about Woj's well-known disdain for LeBron) :

Love rejoined the Cavaliers on Wednesday, after he had stayed away from Game 1. Boston Celtics forward Kelly Olynyk and his representatives have continued to deliver word to Love and people close to him that Olynyk wants to privately apologize to him, sources told Yahoo Sports. Olynyk wants to tell Love personally that he never intended to injure him in Game 4 of that series, that he's sorry for the shoulder surgery that'll cost Love six months.

Strangely, Love continues to rebuff Olynyk. He isn't interested in the call, refusing to ease Olynyk's guilt. For now, Love is a spectator to this Cavaliers playoff run, a player who is probably more missed on these Cavaliers now than he had ever been appreciated this season.

[...]

No one's sure, including Love, whether he'll ever wear a Cavaliers uniform again. If he leaves for free agency, that'll be another fascinating occurrence of blame within Cleveland. Love has never felt fully integrated, nor compatible, with the group. James wanted him, and it's incumbent on him to make it work.

Haha, yep.  Woj is salivating about the series of columns he could write attacking Lebron if Love did leave.  He's in full-on wishing and hoping mode.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2015, 07:46:21 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Love better not walk.

That would for fill my prophesy of the trade of Wiggins for Love as one of the most disastrous moves in recent NBA .

If he leaves , they don't win a title this year .....it was a waste.

If Cavs don't win a title ......Love is headed to LA with Rondo

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2015, 09:21:06 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
Well he's not going to crawl this summer  ;)
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2015, 09:24:05 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
PG - Lawson - 12.4 mil
SG - Young? Lol - 1.7 mil
SF - Melo - 22.8 mil
PF - Love - 20 mil?
C - Zeller - 2.6 mil
6th - Olynyk - 2 mil

Looks like a 2K roster. Would be fun to play with but in real life none of those guys are even somewhat known for defense.

If this is a 2K roster and I missed that, I apologize.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2015, 09:28:54 AM »

Offline JohnBoy65

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 132
Do the Celtics have chance of getting him with all that happened?

I hope not.

There are a lot of pro Deandre Jordan people that want him here in Beantown, but let me ask you this. Isn't DJ's defensive prowess equal to Kevin Love's offensive prowess? On another note couldn't you compare DJ's horrid offensive skills to Kevin Love's defensive skills? I think that is a fair comparison.

So my question is this: Why are there so many pro DJ people, but anti Kevin Love people?

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2015, 09:32:09 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

[...]

Haha, yep.  Woj is salivating about the series of columns he could write attacking Lebron if Love did leave.  He's in full-on wishing and hoping mode.

In a city mired in endless decay, where the youth suffer through all the horrors of urban blight, hope comes in a most unassuming form: a tiny brick schoolhouse run by two Felician nuns where a singular basketball genius takes teenagers from the mean streets of Jersey City and turns them into champions on the hardcourt. These teenagers know better than to be seduced by the prep-to-pro visions of LeBron James, the most scurrilous rapscallion ever portrayed by the NBA's media arm, a man-child birthed into superstardom by the shadowy hands of David Stern and Adam Silver. At St. Anthony, players are taught the untold story of James, who spent the last decades driving away talented teammates who simply didn't fit "his clique." Indeed, it is possible that St. Anthony is the only place that preaches the true gospel of the real King James.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2015, 10:00:51 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
i wondered early on about this
i also thought that giving up wiggins would be wrong cuz love didnt really fit in cavs system
right now u have 3 guys that need the ball for offense - irving, lebron and love
as irving and lebron are on ball players this relegates love to a ryan anderson role as spot up 3P shooter
despite his post offense abilities

on defense love is just bad cuz he is a poor defender which creates issues as irving is also a poor defender
this forces the other 3 positions to take more defense burden

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2015, 10:12:29 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
they won't win a championship with Love. Love absolutely has to play the Chris Bosh part in order for them to win.

He wants to be a #1 guy desperately

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2015, 10:38:29 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

[...]

In a city mired in endless decay, where the youth suffer through all the horrors of urban blight, hope comes in a most unassuming form: a tiny brick schoolhouse run by two Felician nuns where a singular basketball genius takes teenagers from the mean streets of Jersey City and turns them into champions on the hardcourt. These teenagers know better than to be seduced by the prep-to-pro visions of LeBron James, the most scurrilous rapscallion ever portrayed by the NBA's media arm, a man-child birthed into superstardom by the shadowy hands of David Stern and Adam Silver. At St. Anthony, players are taught the untold story of James, who spent the last decades driving away talented teammates who simply didn't fit "his clique." Indeed, it is possible that St. Anthony is the only place that preaches the true gospel of the real King James.

Is that Woj, or parody? It's impossible to tell at this point.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2015, 10:43:08 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I stole the first bit from the blurb on his book. Everything else is original.

Guy is a great source aggregator, but [dang] is he easy to mock.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.