Author Topic: keep or trade ET? long term role?  (Read 8719 times)

Re: keep or trade ET? long term role?
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Turner arguably was the best player on the team during our run.   He averaged 11 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 1 steal post all-star break. 

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2015, 03:06:29 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Seems like a good sell-high candidate, a better version of Jordan Crawford.

If he maintains his level of play, might be a guy some contender plunks a late first for at the deadline. (Not that we need more of those, but still.)

Great words from a great man

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2015, 03:14:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Trade.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2015, 03:14:29 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Turner arguably was the best player on the team during our run.   He averaged 11 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 1 steal post all-star break.

Those two statements together are pretty depressing.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2015, 03:19:06 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17

Those two statements together are pretty depressing.
Rondo averaged about that. Bit more assists tho

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2015, 04:06:32 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
please don't stop stop trading him: AB Zeller IT.....for prospect and picks

« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2015, 04:25:46 PM »

Offline BigDogPitbull

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 29
Solid versatile bench guy.  Keep him.  No matter what this team does he can find a role.  Does everything good nothing great.

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2015, 04:27:27 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The other problem with Turner is that he just isn't that likable - this isn't for any particular reason as he seems perfectly nice and is fairly talented. He really played quite well last year and is a lot more well-rounded than I think he gets credit for.

I do agree, though - for a good team to succeed, Turner can't be in control of the ball as much as he is...and without the ball, he isn't nearly as useful.

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2015, 04:36:04 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The problem with Turner is that he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier need the ball in their hands to develop to where they want to get. He is good for us now but bad for the development of our future.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2015, 05:03:00 PM »

Offline Mass_1081

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
  I might be the only one who thought this, but I thought the biggest  mistake Boston made was handing the pg duties over to Turner. Most rebuilding teams would have let Smart run the show, lived with the ups and downs, then picked in the top ten. Smart had almost twenty rookies with a higher usg% then him, that's terrible for the sixth pick overall. He needed the ball in his hands more if you wanted to develope his offense. Turner did nothing to up his value and sadly neither did the rest of the team sans Crowder and Zeller.

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2015, 05:31:51 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
We should hope Turner has a good start to the season and some team offers a late 1st for him.  If he is part of our future, our future isn't very bright. 

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2015, 05:38:31 PM »

Offline JoeyAinge

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
I would honestly trade him for 2nd.

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2015, 05:40:40 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
  I might be the only one who thought this, but I thought the biggest  mistake Boston made was handing the pg duties over to Turner. Most rebuilding teams would have let Smart run the show, lived with the ups and downs, then picked in the top ten. Smart had almost twenty rookies with a higher usg% then him, that's terrible for the sixth pick overall. He needed the ball in his hands more if you wanted to develope his offense. Turner did nothing to up his value and sadly neither did the rest of the team sans Crowder and Zeller.

Making Smart focus on defense and possibly making Young improve his defense to earn playing time are things I like.  I want Stevens to prioritize defense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2015, 05:44:53 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Get rid of him. He has no future here.

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2015, 05:48:13 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think it was the right move at the time. They were clearly bringing along Smart slowly on offense. They did this IMO because he took a lot of bad shots and made some questionable decisions in college. My opinion is they took his rookie year to scale back his offense so he could work on finding the right shot, instead of shooting it anytime he could like in college.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19