Author Topic: keep or trade ET? long term role?  (Read 8714 times)

Re: keep or trade ET? long term role?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Turner arguably was the best player on the team during our run.   He averaged 11 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds and 1 steal post all-star break.

Those two statements together are pretty depressing.
Rondo averaged about that. Bit more assists tho

You're reiterating my point here.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2015, 05:19:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What do you guys think?  I keep trying to convince myself that Turner is not part of the long term plans. But he keeps producing.  His mini triple doubles are valuable

Having crowder and Turner as bench guys for the next several years is not a bad option. But it will mean an end for young as a Celtic and one of Hunter, Rozier, AB, Smart, IT have to go

I think Turner would take a 3 year deal at 6-7 million per season. But also if his buddy Sullinger stays

« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2015, 06:04:59 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't think we trade Turner because he really wouldn't bring back a worthwhile return. Ideally the C's will add a 3 in the offseason that can push Crowder to the bench and Turner out of the rotation.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #63 on: November 15, 2015, 10:38:29 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I don't think we trade Turner because he really wouldn't bring back a worthwhile return. Ideally the C's will add a 3 in the offseason that can push Crowder to the bench and Turner out of the rotation.

Yeah this is probably the case

Turner has played well

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2015, 10:40:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929

I wouldn't mind Turner in a backup ball-handler's role. However, ideally that is IT's spot on our team. If we keep starting IT, though, I don't mind him being the primary ball-handler with Bradley off of the bench.

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2015, 02:47:16 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 731
Championship teams always have a couple of "Evan Turner's" rotating thru the lineup all season & playoffs. He's a perfect 'stat stuffer' and the stats he stuffs are filled with all those little positives that win games - assists, steals, 50/50 balls, hustle plays, quiet offensive rebounds and on & on.

I Love Evan Turner and he apparently loves playing here because he plays relaxed and with confidence. Keep him in Green.

By some miracle, Celts sign Kevin Durant off free agency and add a very solid, athletic defensive center who can run all day, rebound and be a consistent scorer. Title # 18
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2015, 02:54:22 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I guess in the ends it'll depend on how Rozier/Hunter develop.