Author Topic: why we need to draft justice winslow  (Read 4056 times)

why we need to draft justice winslow
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:55:29 AM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
Last year,danny ainge drafted marcus smart. Marcus was the first building block in danny ainge's new  championship team. Marcus is  a physical defensive tough hard nose player. That is exactly what the celtics are about and what celtics fans love. We don't give ooh's and ahhs to watching a sg hit a 3. We give our ooh's and ahhs when we watch our defenders scramble for a losse ball or when they sprint in transition for the bucket. We cheered when jae crowder said he was ready to go to war for us. That is the type of player that justice winslow represents.
“He is  Measured at 6-6 without shoes, with a 6-10 wingspan and a chiseled 229 pound frame, Winslow has strong physical tools for either NBA wing position. He's a good athlete on top of that, showing nice quickness, a strong first step, and both the ability and willingness to punish weaker opponents with his imposing physique and outstanding toughness. “
From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3ZImlNef7
http://www.draftexpress.com

He is known for being an excellent defender.  A jimmy butler caliber defender. He is an inch shorter than jimmy butler however has more weight to him. just like jimmy butler, he has a great 3 pointer shooting 41% at duke. he is a good scorer overall like jimmy butler but the one difference that means he will be better then jimmy butler is he can create offense for others.

Besides point guard, the most star studded position is sf. we need someone to match up against the lebron, paul george,durant’s of the game If the celtics want to have a championship team they are going to need a star sf to defend.

This writer from usa today sports says that justice winslow is a top 3 pick

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/04/justise-winslow-jahlil-okafor-nba-draft-march-madness-ncaa-championship

Most drafts have him picked 5th or 6th so I think the celtics need to pounce on him.

we don’t know what free agents we can get but we can move up and draft him.
 Then spend the rest of our resources and get demarcus cousins.
With a core of smart,winslow and cousins any free agent will want to come here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcYatS0lnos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wMNPoxG1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TK3tEOSJcY
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: why we need to draft justice winslow
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 10:03:24 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
How exactly do you propose Boston move up that high in the draft?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 10:23:31 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How exactly do you propose Boston move up that high in the draft?

That is my question

Winslow is a stud. He was better than Okafor in the tourney even

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:37:13 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I'm sold on Winslow. I'd also like Towns and Okfor.

Don't see him getting past the 5th pick. We'd have to move up to the 3rd -5th pick to make that happen. Don't think we have the assets to make that happen.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 10:58:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
could make the same thread about every player projected to go in the top 8 or 9 and each one would be just about as unlikely to be acquired.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I would love to draft Winslow. However, we are very unlikely to trade up that far. If we could, though, I'd trade almost our entire stable of picks for him. Here is a writeup on why he should get consideration for #1: http://deanondraft.com/2015/04/06/serving-justise-to-justise-should-winslow-go-1/

Also, his athleticism is severely underrated; in fact, he might be the most athletic wing in this year's draft. Here's a clip of him doing a Vince Carter impression, except getting a block instead of a dunk: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/11/justise-winslow-blocks-stanford-players-shot-while-jumping-clean-over-his-head

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 06:59:51 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
No offense to OP, but i love posts like this.

All we need to do is trade up to a top-5 pick and trade for Demarcus Cousins!
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 07:01:32 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Hawkeye is a wild card and his posts are usually off the mark in terms of feasibility.

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 11:58:05 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I like Winslow a lot, but I don't see any way we could get him. However, Stanley Johnson is a similar player who I'm also sold on, who I think will be available in the 8-10 range where we could easily trade up .
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2015, 12:09:43 AM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Hawkeye is a wild card and his posts are usually off the mark in terms of feasibility.
I think the Winslow aspect is borderline impossible and the Cousins bit is completely impossible.

I think we could get Winslow and heres why.

Assume Lotto stays same (unlikely but bear with me)
1-2 = Towns Okafor
3-4= Mudiay Russel (Im worried Winslow could go here but these two make some sense
5= Magic, just spent two straight top 5 picks on athletic wings who play D. They have 0 interior D. WCS staring them in the face here. He should wow in workouts.
6. Sacremento Kings
These guys are in a tough position. they need to become relevant fast and their biggest needs are point gaurd and power forward.
They just signed gay to a big contract and Mclemore and Stauskas are their last 2 top 10 picks.
Outside of prozingis who they veyr well could be afraid of the next best PF is Kaminsky and Lyles. The next best pg is Grant. BPA here is Winslow, Hezonja, Johnson (wing, wing, wing)

If we trade AB for a pick in 10-14 then move that pick, 16, and their choice of KO or Sully for 6

For them:
they get pg of future with Grant at 12 or Jones/Payne at 16 they get PF of future with Turner at 12 or Lyles/Harrell/Wood at 16 they get starting PF to put next to COusins in sully/KO. If it comes to it we could eat Thompsons salary.

Might be an overpay but I think Winslow could be worth it.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2015, 12:32:23 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
he is out of our range

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2015, 10:29:01 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I like Winslow a lot, but I don't see any way we could get him. However, Stanley Johnson is a similar player who I'm also sold on, who I think will be available in the 8-10 range where we could easily trade up .

Yup.  I love Stanley Johnson.  Justice Winslow has steadily risen up the boards, that moves Stanley Johnson down into gettable range. 

SJ has the body of a mack truck but moves like a gazelle.  He features a complete 2-way game that will fit in very well to coach Stevens' system.  He could be a stud for us if he drops to #10 ala Paul Pierce as one of many famous #10 picks.  If SJ drops that far, we must make a move up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9lEBEkeLDE

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12758740

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2015, 06:58:56 AM »

Offline Iggzilla

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8

Johnson's a nice get as well. Has the body of a football player. Doesn't have Winslow's IQ and motor, and surprisingly struggles to finish through contact, but I don't doubt that he'll be a starting-quality SF in the NBA in the near future. Physical tools are there.

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2015, 03:59:44 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'm in the Stanley Johnson camp. I want to trade up for Mario or SJ using AB, 16, and 28. Take Dakari Johnson or Holmes at 33. Draft Andrew Harrison at 45.
Smart/IT
Turner/Harrison
SJ/Young/Wallace
Sully/KO
Zeller/Holmes