Author Topic: Lawson and Faried for IT , AB, Wallace, 2015 16th, 28th picks trade idea  (Read 8333 times)

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I want neither of those players, they dont fill our needs at all.

Sure they do. Rebounding and go to scoring

Lawson is more of a pure pg than IT also

we dont need a pure point guard under CBS and that upgrade is marginal, faried is an athletic hustle player with very limited skillset who cant shoot, so not a fit at all...
That trade would only move us sideways.

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The time to do this trade was last year. When we could have traded Rondo for #12 and Lawson. We could have drafted ZACK LAVINE and had Lawson as a chip.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Both are undersized for their positions, we got pawned in the Cavs series because we were small and not athletic.   These are athletic but still small.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I don't get the fascination with Faried. 

I could see trading for Lawson.  We need a starting PG (Thomas is a back-up), and I think if we attempt to land a star like Cousins, it will require trading Marcus Smart.

Offline marlon.oddo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I think the only scenario for us that might make sense is one that might have been discussed on Grantland.  A 3 way trade with Sacto-we get Cousins, they get Lawson & Faried, and Denver gets picks and salary filler (Wallace plus parts).

I think Faried is a more athletic Sully.  He is a better 2 point shooter than I thought, but if I saw his statistics correctly, he was 1-8 for the SEASON on 3s.  Not the current prototype PF. 

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I could see trading for Lawson.  We need a starting PG (Thomas is a back-up), and I think if we attempt to land a star like Cousins, it will require trading Marcus Smart.

List me another 6'7 pf in the league that can grab 25 rebounds in one game

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

He averages 11.5 rebounds per 36 minutes... slightly better than Sullinger...  who cares?

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
I think Lawson & Faried get bored in Denver and didn't perform their best the last 2 seasons.
I'm sure if they were in Boston, they would be huge for us. I won't be surprised if they become better players than they already are under CBS.
But my concern is that we need to improve at 3 and 5 position, and those 2 players won't solve our current problem.
If we manage to sign Monroe and Middleton and make a trade for those Denver guys without giving any of thomas smart sully ab crowder zeller, that would be very interesting.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He averages 11.5 rebounds per 36 minutes... slightly better than Sullinger...  who cares?

Are you serious?? Faried is an elite level rebounder. Sullinger is just above average.  Even Thompson is a better rebounder than sully

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Faried was well regarded enough by his peers and coaches that he was included on the US National Team last time out. 

Not sure he's a great fit for the Celtics, but I think he could flourish on the right team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I wouldn't throw in the a first but I would throw in two seconds because my view
 IT+45=Lawson(DUI prone and wants out)
AB+Wallace+33=Faried (because Faried's contract is nuts and Denver escapes it).

And if they said no I'd pass because I like Smart at the PG spot. People need to realize this system doesn't use a ball dominant PG. Spreading the floor, setting screens and picks are more important Smart does that.

TP - this is more how I would see a deal going down. No way is Danny going to throw in two first rounders to get this done. Lawson's value is in the toilet right now while IT's is moving upward. With Faried, he certainly adds athleticism and is great system guy, but I don't think he is particularly valuable in a trade.

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567

Are you serious?? Faried is an elite level rebounder. Sullinger is just above average.  Even Thompson is a better rebounder than sully

Since when is 10.1 rebounds per 36 average?
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

You are giving him bonus points because he is short?  You should subtract points for that.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

You are giving him bonus points because he is short?  You should subtract points for that.
We Celtic fans love quirky players... whether it's Dinklage-sized Go-To scorers, shooting guards who can't shoot, or point guards with elite rebounding ability... we eat it up.  Someday maybe we can find a quirky center who's best attribute is his elite perimeter defense... that way we can clog the middle with elite-rebounding point guards and shot-blocking shooting guards.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Faried's not nearly so quirky as you make him out to be.  He's a 6'8'' physical freak who finished off the season reeling off 20 and 10 games on 60% shooting.  Of course, those games were meaningless, but the point is that the talent is there.  He's got the physical makeup of a star wing player but has no perimeter game.

He's not a perfect fit in pretty much any offense, but he's got too much ability and he's too productive to not find a great situation somewhere.

I mean, the Celtics got killed in the Cavs series by Tristan Thompson (who is only an inch taller) because they had nobody with that kind of freakish athletic ability to gobble up boards on both ends.  Faried's not a prototypical big guy, but he's not some oddity.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain