Author Topic: #33 pick: Aleksander Vezenkov, 19-year-old kid tearing the Greek league  (Read 11784 times)

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I like watching him shoot. Everything else screams nonononononononono

Last I checked, Steve Novak was not a coveted commodity. Novak is both taller and a better athlete than this guy. Sure, Vezenkov has youth on his side... but isn't the whole point of youth being stronger and quicker than the older guys?

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I like watching him shoot. Everything else screams nonononononononono
Pretty much my sentiment.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
Sure, Vezenkov has youth on his side... but isn't the whole point of youth being stronger and quicker than the older guys?

Surely not at 19 and when the kid has not had a top-notch athletic training. He still has 4-5 years to grow into his body.

Again, if Doo looks at his body type and sees no way he can become either quicker or stronger, I'd stay away from him at 33.

If however he can become faster and/or stronger with a proper training, Vezenkov is a great alternative at 33 or 45.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Sure, Vezenkov has youth on his side... but isn't the whole point of youth being stronger and quicker than the older guys?

Surely not at 19 and when the kid has not had a top-notch athletic training. He still has 4-5 years to grow into his body.

Again, if Doo looks at his body type and sees no way he can become either quicker or stronger, I'd stay away from him at 33.

If however he can become faster and/or stronger with a proper training, Vezenkov is a great alternative at 33 or 45.

We're talking about 2nd rounders here, so sure I'm willing to let out some line. Top-notch athletic training, though... ergh... you ought to be able to get rid of that pudge and put on even a little bit of muscle just with a consistent diet and five after-school workouts a week. Most, not all of course, but most ordinary schlubs can get in better shape than that... and we're talking about world class athletes. It feels really weird to me to consider a guy who looks like that for the NBA unless he's a giant.

I guess he might grow some more, but FWIW, his famous dad apparently played at about 6'6"

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

We're talking about 2nd rounders here, so sure I'm willing to let out some line. Top-notch athletic training, though... ergh... you ought to be able to get rid of that pudge and put on even a little bit of muscle just with a consistent diet and five after-school workouts a week. Most, not all of course, but most ordinary schlubs can get in better shape than that... and we're talking about world class athletes. It feels really weird to me to consider a guy who looks like that for the NBA unless he's a giant.

I guess he might grow some more, but FWIW, his famous dad apparently played at about 6'6"

Name me one 19 years old in this draft playing 32.4 mins a game. It is not like he is struggling getting up and down the court. Usage rate of 25%, leading his team in minutes, good hustle stats of rebounds and steals.

I guess you have not watched Miro or Mirza play when they were 19. Vezenkov is the norm athletically, not the exception and in any case not below average in Europe.
"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."