Author Topic: Will Jeff Green opt out?  (Read 3669 times)

Will Jeff Green opt out?
« on: May 05, 2015, 07:54:32 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Do you think Jeff Green will opt out this summer?

How much do you think he'll want in a new deal if he does?

Who would be his most likely suitors?

Re: Will Jeff Green opt out?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 08:46:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Yes, he is bound to get a big contract this summer.

And we do have a need for an athletic scoring SF, don't we?  ;)

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 09:51:28 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Jeff a top 3 SF free agent this summer?

I wonder what

Smart/Thomas
Turner/Bradley
Green/Crowder
Sully/Jerebko
Zeller/KO

Green can be a 3 and D guy who attacks close outs. I might overpay for him, given our surprise playoff appearance, need for position, and rising cap.

Maybe a deal like IT's that starts higher and declines each year.

I'd do the same for Al Jefferson before JG.  Much before.

It might be cool to get both?

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 10:04:00 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think he will still opt out. I could see him in Dallas, Houston, Indiana, Detroit, Phoenix and Washington potentially having some interest.

The former C's SF I want to bring back is Paul Pierce not Jeff Green.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 10:21:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think Green stays.  He is not the kind of guy that likes to move around

Memphis prob offers him a 3 year 30 million dollar extension to be there starter/6th man for the next several years

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2015, 10:27:43 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Definitely makes sense to opt out.  He's not someone who will benefit from waiting for the cap spike all that much, and having had a career scare already, certainty this summer probably sounds better than waiting until next.

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2015, 10:55:29 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I think he does but what can he get? 12 per max? Maybe 11 per ? He didn't exactly blow it up.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 04:15:26 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Just a quick update!

"A disappointing season should have Grizzlies guard Jeff Green taking his $9.2 million player option for next year, per ESPN."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/25188805/report-g-jeff-green-likely-staying-with-grizzlies-next-year

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Do you think Jeff Green will opt out this summer?

How much do you think he'll want in a new deal if he does?

Who would be his most likely suitors?

For whatever reason Danny has always liked him, and we do hold a special place with him because of how things went down with his heart scare (there are lots of stories about it from around that time). That being said, I don't have any idea what Jeff Green wants. He didn't really step up at all when given the opportunity. He played well for one us in one playoff series against the Knicks, but really has been an average player for the most of his NBA career. He went from someone I thought could maybe be a 3rd best player on a contender to someone that could be better suited as a 6th man. That is a pretty big fall. Anyways this is kind of rambly.

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2015, 05:07:17 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Just a quick update!

"A disappointing season should have Grizzlies guard Jeff Green taking his $9.2 million player option for next year, per ESPN."

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasybasketball/update/25188805/report-g-jeff-green-likely-staying-with-grizzlies-next-year

Funny how before leaving the Celtics the general feeling was that Rondo and Jeff were going to get big contracts this summer. My how the tides have turned.

Honestly though I expect Jeff to do better next season with the Grizzlies once he becomes more familiar with the team. He actually wasn't awful when he played for the Grizzlies (atleast compared to when he came here) and I thought fully healthy Memphis was the 2nd best team in the west behind GSW. I really do hope they can utilize him well. Of course that does depend on whether or not Gasol stays.

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2015, 05:18:02 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Green was Green in the regular season for Memphis. He was largely terrible in the playoffs, though: really bad at worst, a complete non-factor at best.

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2015, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I can't believe there's a jeff green thread on here again. apparently seeing him play here as long as he did and seeing him play in Memphis wasn't enough to convince people that he's not worth the time.

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2015, 05:45:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I can't believe there's a jeff green thread on here again. apparently seeing him play here as long as he did and seeing him play in Memphis wasn't enough to convince people that he's not worth the time.

I mean you will always find a thread for any ex-celtics players that is in the league.

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2015, 06:14:33 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

I mean you will always find a thread for any ex-celtics players that is in the league.
agreed. how long did we have to endure the "bring back toine; ggreen; perk; rondo; et al" threads?

only a few months ago many posters couldnt wait to show uncle snooze the door. what a change.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 08:48:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Would you opt out with the contracts going up next year?   I would not I would play out my contract and sign under the new order with the new cap.