Author Topic: Kristaps Porzingis would solve several issues the Celtics have  (Read 4583 times)

Re: Kristaps Porzingis would solve several issues the Celtics have
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 09:14:22 PM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd love to see DA find a way to get Kristaps on the C's.  Dude is definitely a project, but the upside is out of this world.

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 09:52:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I'd love to see DA find a way to get Kristaps on the C's.  Dude is definitely a project, but the upside is out of this world.

out of this world.

I like the way he tries to dunk with power.   Aggressive. Just needs to add 15-20 pounds and just keep progressing

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 10:06:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I agree that based on the limited amount I have seen him play and the write ups and scouting reports I have read he is a great fit for the celtics. Towns, Porzingis and Wood are all different level prospects but represent the same super hard to fill niche in the NBA. The rim protecting stretch 4. Only a hand full of players in the NBA are truly effective shooting from mid rage (let alone 3) while still having the length and athleticism to both guard on the perimeter and give help D in the paint.

Where you lose me is your 4 points he will help with.

He will provide rim protection. This is not to say he will be Gobert or Ibaka but probably something more along the lines of P Gaol, Noah or Horford. Good enough to anchor an elite D.

I dont see him ever being an elite one on one scoring option. I picture his role as more of an off the ball shooter who can use fakes and quick feet to get to the paint.

Future starting SF.... no way the NBA is getting smaller their is no place for a 6'11-7'1 SF. Giannis and Durant are freaks and they stretch the limit of SF size/length. Porzingis is the ideal stretch 4. Thats it..

Rebounding help / versatile defender, these are actually the two things I expect him to struggle with. The strength and quickness of the NBA will take time for him to develop and he is not an elite ACB rebounder. He will at best be an average rebounding PF in the NBA.

IF DA can find any way to trade up and draft anyone in this classes top 9 I think it will greatly help the future of this team. I don't think Porzingis will be reachable as I think he climbs in workouts and challenges for the 5th spot but doesn't slip past 6.

I wonder if Danny can't get Porzingis(and that is the kind of player he is aiming to draft) he will  bite the bullet and reach for Wood at 16. 

Wood has some maturing to do in addition to adding strength. But the above the rim (blocks, rebound, tip ins, dunks) and stretch 4 combination is not easy to find

Other guys similar to Wood that could be available later on in the draft is Mcculough and Jordan Mickey.   

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 10:55:05 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he will be gone by the time we pick.  Kristaps's narrow shoulders scare me,  guys with narrow shoulders don't carve up space as well as guys with wide ones.   Their strength base is less too..  I like Hezonja better,  he too will be gone.

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 01:14:46 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911
Heck, I've got an extra 15-20 lbs.  I'd be happy to share, no charge.  Just takin' one for the team.

Mike