Author Topic: Choose: Blake Griffin at 26, DeMarcus Cousins at 24, Anthony Davis at 22?  (Read 10261 times)

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
If you're talking about building a team, it's Davis without question.

For a single season, it could be tough to decide between Davis and DMC, but I'd probably still give the edge to Davis (it would be a difficult decision, though, and would probably come down to fit)

Blake's a great player, but I don't think I'd put him on the same level as Davis and DMC, especially when age is taken into consideration (it's like asking if you'd rather have LeBron, Durant, or Paul George. They're all great players, but two are clearly on another level)
I'm bitter.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
For a single season right now, I am taking Blake because of what he is doing in the playoffs against top teams.

For long term, Davis. 

I would still choose Blake over Cousins at this point.  Cousins has to prove to be more then a stat hanging big man on a dysfunctional team.  (which of course he should be able to do in the future)

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
Davis every day of the week and twice on Sundays. As far as big men go, better to have defence first and any offensive skills as a nice bonus than the other way round.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I ll score an "A"

On this pop quize...

AD ......clear choice

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
lol @ this thread

it's Davis by a million

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Davis is a bit overglorified on this forum. He's going to be a HoFer, but Cousins and Griffin also have that potential. This is not the Dwight Howard days where one big man dominated above all else. I think you're going to see Blake in the MVP discussion next year (as possibly a defending NBA champion) and if Cousins can get out of Sacramento next year, he should be the best player on a team that goes far in the playoffs.

Again, Davis is great, but he's not KG yet.

edit: And for the record, I'd choose Davis, but it's not as easy a choice as it's being made out to me. Consider that Cousins is locked up for a few more years at $13m. He's going to wildly outperform that in each of his final years before another payday.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yeah he'd have to labor on losing teams for another five years or so while we all wondered what could be before we can label him the next KG.  :P

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Davis is a bit overglorified on this forum. He's going to be a HoFer, but Cousins and Griffin also have that potential. This is not the Dwight Howard days where one big man dominated above all else. I think you're going to see Blake in the MVP discussion next year (as possibly a defending NBA champion) and if Cousins can get out of Sacramento next year, he should be the best player on a team that goes far in the playoffs.

You do realize that Anthony Davis was in the MVP discussion this year, right?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
I mean...is this really a contest? Davis is terrifyingly good. The only players I'd definitely take over Davis are LeBron and Durant, and even with those two, only for the next year or two, tops.

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
For a single season right now, I am taking Blake because of what he is doing in the playoffs against top teams.

For long term, Davis. 

I would still choose Blake over Cousins at this point.  Cousins has to prove to be more then a stat hanging big man on a dysfunctional team.  (which of course he should be able to do in the future)

I'm guessing you're ignoring what Davis did against THE top team...

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

You do realize that Anthony Davis was in the MVP discussion this year, right?

I felt Blake should've been in more serious consideration in last year's race (top 3). Also there were at least 3 players I would've considered ahead of AD this year.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
Davis hands down

What truly so great about Davis is how every year, starting at Kentucky, he's grown and got much better from the year before. He played at an MVP level this year at age 22, and I see him continuing to get better. Pelican's just need to put the right pieces around him and that team will dominate for the next decade.

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Blake is the most overrated superstar in today's game. Thanks.

:o
Do you watch many Clippers games?

Offline GzUP617

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 12
Anthony Davis is a walking mismatch, he has not even reached his ceiling and has a lot of room for growth/improvement.  He's the clear choice to build around in the long term.

But i'd take Blake Griffin right now as far as pure impact THIS year goes.  He is the most all around skilled big man out of these 3 mentioned.

Offline 34truth

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • ubuntu
Davis overall no doubt. Think i'd still take Blake over Cousins tho..