Author Topic: Choose: Blake Griffin at 26, DeMarcus Cousins at 24, Anthony Davis at 22?  (Read 10285 times)

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Age aside I think I'd go with Blake. He's arguably the most underrated superstar in today's game.

Considering age... it's so tough. Passing up a guy as good as Davis at 22 is near unthinkable, but so is passing up Cousins at 24 and Blake just as he enters his prime. I'm going to abstain from answering so as not to direct the thread one way or the other, but I'd be interested to see what the forum thinks.

I predict a lot of Cousins support because he is most likely to become a Celtic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTIh_v3RadA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvxbG5vhEQ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laoVsLcrba0
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 06:26:42 PM by TheFlex »

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Blake is the most overrated superstar in today's game. Thanks.

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Without a doubt, Anthony Davis.

His ceiling is almost unfathomable right now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Griffin is very good, but Cousins is nearly as good -- if not better -- offensively while playing a position that makes a much larger defensive impact.

Anthony Davis is probably a more dangerous scorer than either and still has a lot of room to grow, plus he's an absolute monster on the defensive end who hasn't even come close to realizing his potential on that end.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Anthony Davis is the easy answer by the way.

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Davis and it's not close.

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
Davis and it's not really very close. He's probably the only one of this group who will go on to be league MVP and i just have to factor in the fact that he's just 22! I agree with you that Blake often is overlooked, the way he can dominate a game is amazing. Blake also has the most well-rounded offensive game of the bunch. In terms of who I would want on the Cs in some crazy alternate universe: Blake, then DMC, then the brow.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Blake is a such a sourpuss whiner.  Really can't stand that about him.

I get that he's knocked around and hacked constantly when he's on the court because guys defending him do whatever they can to keep him from dunking all over them and showing them up, but still.  I don't enjoy watching him, and it doesn't look like he "enjoys" playing the game.

Griffin's always had a bit of that LeBron-ish "I deserve all the success I've got coming" air about him that I just don't like.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
When I saw Anthony Davis play in college, I predicted he would be the next Tim Duncan (blind squirrel, stopped watch, yeah I know).

No question, I  take Davis.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Anthony Davis at 22.  Anyone who wouldn't take Davis probably doesn't know enough about basketball to take Billy King's job.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline LGC88

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Too easy : Davis
He's a freak in the better sense of it.
He's born 20 years too early. Too advanced for actual basketball.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Davis and it's not close.

True. I'd take DMC next.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Anthony Davis but that's only because he's 2 years younger than Boogie, otherwise Boogie ALL day.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Anthony Davis at 22.  Anyone who wouldn't take Davis probably doesn't know enough about basketball to take Billy King's job.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Blake is the most overrated superstar in today's game. Thanks.

Ah, now I see your argument.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/