Author Topic: Potential vs Current Assets and Splitter  (Read 520 times)

Potential vs Current Assets and Splitter
« on: May 05, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »

Offline Diggles

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 46
I see tons of people wanting to trade Sulley/turner and Bradley to move up in the draft.   Call me crazy, but those three guys are significantly better than anyone outside the top 8/ 10 players in the drat.   Trading our own pick and one would be a waste, let alone two player to bank on the potential of the pick/player.    I like having proven talent vs a chance.     

I'd much rather trade for Spliiter and his 8to 9 million salary and keep our own trade pick. 

I'd use our Trade exception on him at 8 Million.   Toss a second.  But we might be doing the Spurs a favor and they would give us a pick.    But I'm crazy....... 

http://hoopshype.com/rumors/tag/san_antonio_spurs
Diggles

Re: Potential vs Current Assets and Splitter
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 05:24:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The case for trading some of our middle of the road guys to move into the top 10 is that while a pick in the 7-10 range of this draft has a decent likelihood of turning out to be less valuable than whoever we trade to get that pick, there's a chance a guy taken there could turn out to be much more than just a role player.

This team desperately needs to add some "lottery tickets," so to speak.  Too many "guaranteed winner" scratch tickets on this roster.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: Potential vs Current Assets and Splitter
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 03:47:59 AM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Let's say we trade up and get one of the better SF's.  We could still get a center to bring along in the interm. Splitter would be a good bet.  Zeller is still very young but is going to get better. Having KO minus Sully and Bradley to do that is costly. But we might just have to trade one to accomplish that.  We could try to revamp our roster though.  Send Bradley for someone like Harris or Middleton and also draft a sf then trade for a player like Splitter. We'd be smaller because Sully is a lot of our size but if we address that later.

When it comes to the draft its about drafting hte best player anyways so we might able to replace them ultimately.  We'd just need players in the interm.