Author Topic: Are we completely ruling out netting Lebron James?  (Read 6985 times)

Re: Are we completely ruling out netting Lebron James?
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
I would say no one is talking about Lebron coming to the Celtics because it is indeed impossible, there is a zero percent chance of Lebron coming to the Celtics. Talking about Lebron coming to the Celtics is the equivalent of talking about Tom Brady coming to the Celtics because there is not even a .000000000000001% of either of those things happening, the chances of Lebron coming to the Celtics is exactly zero. I think that answers the question posed in the thread title but holla back if the answer was not clear.

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2015, 02:59:49 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547
For those of us who don't smoke crack.  Yes we are ruling out that possibility.  That entire Cavaliers team is built on Lebron coming back.  His whole spiel has been about coming back home and winning a championship in Cleveland.  Cleveland, even with Love injured has 3x the talent level of the Boston Celtics. 

I also am unaware of any opt-out clause for Lebron.  Although Love might have an opt out clause.  With the new 'big 3' there, I don't think they are going away any time soon.  Even with the Miami Big 3, they didn't win their championship until year 2.  Lebron has been talking about patience in bringing the championship to Cleveland, so I don't see him changing his tune because of one playoff run falling short and one ill-timed injury to Kevin Love.
Lebron basically signed a one year contract (he has a player option this summer).  It is why Miami couldn't sign and trade him and why Cleveland had to make the Zeller trade with Boston.

This plus Kevin Love is a free agent.
Kevin Love has a player option just like James.  Not a given he is a free agent.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2015, 09:33:23 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I am sorry but the notion that some here wouldn't want the best player in the league on your team is absolutely laughable!

And I also hate Lebron but it's only because he isn't on the Celtics.

If he ever were, I'd be happier than a pig in s***

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2015, 09:51:01 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
I don't want this trash on my team.

we could get a player off the streets to stiff arm defenders, stick his off ball arm out before he even dribbles, travel so much he'll never run out of frequent flyer miles. and for much less.

Yeah, guys like Bron are a dime a dozen  ::)

You haven't heard?  He'd be a scrub if the refs didn't cheat on his behalf.

He wouldn't be a scrub, though I have to think he'd only be in the discussion for top 5-10 all time, rather than top 1 or 2.

Likewise, if Jordan couldn't travel, he'd probably be in the same discussion as Wilt/Russell/Kareem.

If the refs let Dr. J or the Big O do stuff like that, they'd possibly be on that same level.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2015, 09:56:54 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
Ever heard of Russell's teapot?
Anything is possible...