Author Topic: Are we completely ruling out netting Lebron James?  (Read 6968 times)

Re: Are we completely ruling out netting Lebron James?
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lebron is not leaving Cleveland any time soon if ever again.  Period.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2015, 07:55:32 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I agree.

Are there any circumstances where he would leave this year?  What if Love bolted in free agency, and Kyrie suffered a severe knee injury in the post-season that would keep him out next year?  Would Lebron waste a year of his career with a team of scrubs?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2015, 10:30:50 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I agree.

Are there any circumstances where he would leave this year?  What if Love bolted in free agency, and Kyrie suffered a severe knee injury in the post-season that would keep him out next year?  Would Lebron waste a year of his career with a team of scrubs?
I don't think he leaves.  I think he just rides it out.  He already has two titles, and sure he wants more, but that burning desire to get that first one just isn't there (since he has two).  If anything, him riding it out with Thompson (I assume he comes back), Mozgov, Smith, and Varejao (maybe Shumpert) might do more for his legacy than him leaving, especially if he takes them pretty far in the playoffs.

« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2015, 10:37:48 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
if he is a free agent and we have the cap space, Danny should definitely call him. Even if it's a 100% no, your job as a GM is to get if not attempt to get the best name out there on the market. I think he stays in Cleveland too, but it wouldn't hurt to call. How much time do you waste by just giving the guy a call

« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2015, 10:38:00 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think he leaves just so Moranis will burn his LeBron jersey again.  :P
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2015, 10:40:46 AM »

Offline acieEarl

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 47
I can't see him taking a second dump on Cleveland.

Even if he doesn't lead Cleveland to a ring, he's got his from Miami. In reality if he wanted to, he could go to any team and I'm sure the Cs aren't high on that list.

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2015, 10:44:27 AM »

Offline ddb

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 17
LeBron is all about his brand.  He respects the Celtics as a nemesis & archenemy.   He's 100% not coming here. 

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2015, 11:02:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
while it's possible, it would make no sense for him to do that.  His brand is too invested in the return to the Cavs. Abandoning them after one season to randomly sign in Boston would be the most bizarre move in the history of the league. 
I agree.  Lebron's staying in Cleveland for awhile barring that franchise becoming a disaster.  His brand can't take the publicity hit if he abandons that town to chase another ring if he fails there again

« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2015, 11:05:25 AM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
For those of us who don't smoke crack.  Yes we are ruling out that possibility.  That entire Cavaliers team is built on Lebron coming back.  His whole spiel has been about coming back home and winning a championship in Cleveland.  Cleveland, even with Love injured has 3x the talent level of the Boston Celtics. 

I also am unaware of any opt-out clause for Lebron.  Although Love might have an opt out clause.  With the new 'big 3' there, I don't think they are going away any time soon.  Even with the Miami Big 3, they didn't win their championship until year 2.  Lebron has been talking about patience in bringing the championship to Cleveland, so I don't see him changing his tune because of one playoff run falling short and one ill-timed injury to Kevin Love.

« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »

Offline Bosstown

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 32
Are you completely ruling out the fact you might be delusional?  ::)

« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2015, 11:22:42 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
I see Bron coming to the Celts similarly to the way I see Payton Manning coming to the Patriots

Nah, I'd rather that Garoppolo stayed as Brady's back-up.

Mike

« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2015, 12:43:22 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
He probably will stay in Cleveland, and there's a good chance he never wins another title.

How pathetic, ridiculous and slightly comical would that be for the city of Cleveland;  Their hero ends up spending most of his Hall of Fame, top-five-ever career in his hometown . . . expect for the couple where he went away to sunny, sexy, glamorous Miami to win a couple of titles.

Ouch, being a Cleveland sports fan has got to be brutal. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I wish I could suspend disbelief like the OP, it must be nice to live in Neverneverland.

I think we are a team he will never sign with ever, period.   Fans here have dogged him hard and people read too much into the I like CBS comments.  He enjoys beating us, I doubt he ever joins us.  Slim to none are our chances, more on the none side.

« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2015, 01:15:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
For those of us who don't smoke crack.  Yes we are ruling out that possibility.  That entire Cavaliers team is built on Lebron coming back.  His whole spiel has been about coming back home and winning a championship in Cleveland.  Cleveland, even with Love injured has 3x the talent level of the Boston Celtics. 

I also am unaware of any opt-out clause for Lebron.  Although Love might have an opt out clause.  With the new 'big 3' there, I don't think they are going away any time soon.  Even with the Miami Big 3, they didn't win their championship until year 2.  Lebron has been talking about patience in bringing the championship to Cleveland, so I don't see him changing his tune because of one playoff run falling short and one ill-timed injury to Kevin Love.
Lebron basically signed a one year contract (he has a player option this summer).  It is why Miami couldn't sign and trade him and why Cleveland had to make the Zeller trade with Boston.

« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2015, 01:49:28 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Lebron basically signed a one year contract (he has a player option this summer).  It is why Miami couldn't sign and trade him and why Cleveland had to make the Zeller trade with Boston.

This plus Kevin Love is a free agent.