Author Topic: Trade Idea: Tiago Splitter  (Read 2502 times)

Re: Trade Idea: Tiago Splitter
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2015, 08:13:33 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Splitter would be a great fit on alot of teams. I dont think the Cs should go after him just for the fact that he isnt a real upgrade over KO, Sully or Zeller
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2015, 08:15:04 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Splitter is interesting. I like the idea of targeting a Spurs player and Splitter seems like the obvious choice. They have precedance with trading away a rotation player for a mid range 1st round pick with the George Hill swap.

How much of an upgrade is Splitter from Zeller? He's a bit bigger and plays a bit closer to the basket. He can defend the pick and roll has championship experience. I'd definetly consider it. Maybe a bit underwhelming after being linked to Cousins but Tiago Splitter might just be our best option this summer.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/12/27/5247770/tiago-splitter-elite-defensive-player-year-consideration

Yeah, and how did that work out for Indiana, lol ;D?  Bird should have just switched draft positions with the Spurs and signed Aaron Brooks as a free agent. 

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2015, 08:16:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Splitter is injury prone, wrong side of 30, and while hes underrated as a Center, I just don't see him being the defensive anchor we need.

All this !

And he d be one of those pieces weird Pop creations , while fitting nice with spurs ,  would turn out no better or worse than Zeller .

Nope ......he is a bum on most teams .

Agree... Even though there is a "C" next to his name, he's not the center we need, that's for sure. No value there.

Splitter averaged 19.8 mpg this year (also his career average), 8.2 pppg (also his career average) and .6 blocks per game and he's 30 years old making almost $20mil over the next two years......NO THANKS

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 08:32:28 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
How would you feel if the Spurs wanted to get a cheaper center and proposed some version of Splitter for Zeller, with negotiation based on what else has to be thrown in to make it work?

A late 1st or 33rd pick.  Not sure if Danny will want to . Splitter also is 30

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2015, 09:02:40 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Splitter is interesting. I like the idea of targeting a Spurs player and Splitter seems like the obvious choice. They have precedance with trading away a rotation player for a mid range 1st round pick with the George Hill swap.

How much of an upgrade is Splitter from Zeller? He's a bit bigger and plays a bit closer to the basket. He can defend the pick and roll has championship experience. I'd definetly consider it. Maybe a bit underwhelming after being linked to Cousins but Tiago Splitter might just be our best option this summer.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2013/12/27/5247770/tiago-splitter-elite-defensive-player-year-consideration

Yeah, and how did that work out for Indiana, lol ;D?  Bird should have just switched draft positions with the Spurs and signed Aaron Brooks as a free agent.

George Hill was/is a key member to one of the best staring units in the NBA, if it was Aaron Brooks in those playoff series he would have dropped 27/3/3 in 4 strait losses Brookes can only score, Hill can run an offense. No guaarantee Kawhi would have developed into the player he is today in Indy either, definetly think his shooting percentages drop outside of Pop's system.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:07:48 PM by Smartacus »

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2015, 09:11:18 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
In theory I like Splitter but he's never been able to play very many minutes and he's frequently injured.

Boom. Pho hits it on the head per usual.

He's always injured. He's 30 years old. He'd be nice for maybe Atlanta, but doesn't make much sense for Boston.

Most Spurs fans I've talked to expect a late 1st at least.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.